Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri (32007 Views)

Jonathan Tweets About His Reception Of Peter Obi / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance / Shehu Sani Tweets About Jibril Of Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by patrickmuf(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Before i moved to Maiduguri in 2016 i usually felt the army were just a bunch of assembled cowards.

Omo but now i am based here fully where i have seen lots of Gun battles between the Army and Bokoharam, i will always give my full respect to security personnel.

War no good ooooh embarassed

Keep up the good work Gallant Soldiers na una make me fit dey sleep well here in Maiduguri and other field locations
I am planning to join you soon, which IP?
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Sholaystar4me(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2018
the least we can do is to follow this brave soul and retweet all his tweets, hopefully it will get to the president himself.. we can do this!!!

let's help them secure their original salary!!!

1 Like

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:02am On May 15, 2018
there is lack of discipline and patroticism as long as the military is divided by ethnic lines instead of merit and core professionalism

i respect our military but what they are doing in Borno state is the work of the police if they were equipped and well trained

i believe the military is suppose to be in the barracks and protect Nigeria from external aggression,if Nigeria is attacked nothing the military can do because in every case of violent in Nigeria the chief of army staff will be sent to the location and not controlling from his war room in Abuja.

you see how the military is sent out of the barracks and stationed on all streets,roads and corner of Nigeria,very easy for them to stage a coup in 5 hours because strategically they are in all full positions,just reinforce and all is done

I love the military but as long that it is based on tribal affiliations,i can never join them because history can still repeat it-selves. people that know Nigerian military history will tell you how igbo officers killed hausa officers and how hausa officers killed igbo officers and North central officers killing other tribes in the officers mess because of coup.damn you studied together in defense college,in the academy and then you still went on to kill your course mate,what a pity.Nigeria military is divided by tribe,when wahala come,you will know what i am talking about.

i love the military but as along as some politicians cause troubles ,then run away from Nigeria with their children while i die only for them to return and make my family suffer,God Forbid.i can never join the military.

I praise all you military personnel keep up the good work but me l can never die for Nigeria and its political and business class.GOD FORBID.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Pidginwhisper: 10:05am On May 15, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Before i moved to Maiduguri in 2016 i usually felt the army were just a bunch of assembled cowards.

Omo but now i am based here fully where i have seen lots of Gun battles between the Army and Bokoharam, i will always give my full respect to security personnel.

War no good ooooh embarassed

Keep up the good work Gallant Soldiers na una make me fit dey sleep well here in Maiduguri and other field locations
I'm glad you are able to see what my colleagues are going through down there. It has not been easy. We are being treated like chicken. What he said about BHT is very true, to wipe them out won't take us 8days but politics is being played. So many stuffs are better left unsaid. Just keep praying for us

1 Like

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Turantula(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2018
Fools Die
Mario Puzo
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Turantula(m): 10:14am On May 15, 2018
merrypakman:
These guys are trying.... just a bullet can have you killed for a meager salary that ogas at the top will cut. ogas that a sound of tire burst will trigger high BP. they should be some kind of direct link between these guys and the president so he can be aware of the atrocities committed by this pot belled men in the army.
Which president? The Fulani herdsman.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by SammieJayh(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2018
Welcomme:
Major collecting 30k? Thunder fire ur lie.. . Even private soldier that is non commissioned collects 48k per month. .

Bros...I hope you saw where I typed operational allowance not salary...

It's Lt. Colonels and other senior officers with appointments that make money there.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by jaywhoco(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2018
He said the Nigerian military is capable of flushing out the insurgents but for politics...

Chinua Achebe said 'there was a country'

I am asking, ' was there ever a country? '

smh

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by IndianRomeo: 10:30am On May 15, 2018
You sound so pained !, And you trying so hard to discredit everything Is like you are benefiting directly or indirectly about the corruptions in the military. But remember that God will judge.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by jibs4lv(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2018
thesicilian:
Nigeria is not worth dying for.
to slice that your tiny neck dey hungary me now, if all men dey coward like you , den for don kee your generation finish by now ,when men were expecting accolades from public , what they get from swallow mind ant like you is badmouth,hide in that your dirty room and be talking rubbish ....idiot angry
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by IndianRomeo: 10:36am On May 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

If you noticed, I intentionally did not want to comment on any of the issues he raised. Most of the rank and file military men make such assumptions with no evidence. They hear a rumor that Ministry of Finance approved so and so amount of money for them, then it becomes a undeniable fact and when their expectations are not met, they shift the blame on the officers. Does it even make sense to you that 100k funds are approved and it is brazenly cut down to 48k. Not even that 5k is missing from their money, its a whooping 52k each! You think such will happen and nobody will blow a whistle or heads won't row?

I know these rank and files, they detest officers so much and will always accuse them as the source of their sorrows.
. You sound so pained . And you are trying so hard to discredit everything. Is like you are benefiting directly or indirectly about the corruptions in the military? But Remember that there's God.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by SammieJayh(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

I am not doubting how much they receive, I am saying that the expectations of 100k could be false, a rumor or just gossip which they held true and when it didn't materialize, then someone must have 'chopped their money' according to them.

You may be right tho...but my source can't be wrong...you just need to see these Generals...
When you think of how they cling to their appointments there, you'll know there's more to it than meets the eyes.

When my dad was in that NE he told me the shit that goes on there...and how much he was entitled to(which he wasn't getting)..

PS: He is an officer waiting to attend war college so he knows what he is saying.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Basiljoe: 11:34am On May 15, 2018
Do you know that, aside Politics, it can't take up to 8 days to flush and clear everything called BHT?? But where will another ATM open for the so called. . . .

Only God will save the poor in Nigeria. Good day.
cry
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by thesicilian: 12:33pm On May 15, 2018
jibs4lv:
to slice that your tiny neck dey hungary me now, if all men dey coward like you , den for don kee your generation finish by now ,when men were expecting accolades from public , what they get from swallow mind ant like you is badmouth,hide in that your dirty room and be talking rubbish ....idiot angry

1 Share

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by wizod(m): 1:50pm On May 15, 2018
merbenko:
Omo quote me if any NGO work dey for Maiduguri or any part of the state . Please sir. I am tired of staying searching of Job please
Benj42009@gmail.com, benj42009@yahoo.com 08067680505
unemployment is what makes u a nigerian
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by anaton(m): 2:30pm On May 15, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

U berra thank God that you were born._!
Biafra is a proposed village street name.

Always bitter
Always Jealous
Always Envious

If you think its easy,try getting Oduduwa Republic.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by achiever12: 3:19pm On May 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

If you noticed, I intentionally did not want to comment on any of the issues he raised. Most of the rank and file military men make such assumptions with no evidence. They hear a rumor that Ministry of Finance approved so and so amount of money for them, then it becomes a undeniable fact and when their expectations are not met, they shift the blame on the officers. Does it even make sense to you that 100k funds are approved and it is brazenly cut down to 48k. Not even that 5k is missing from their money, its a whooping 52k each! You think such will happen and nobody will blow a whistle or heads won't row?

I know these rank and files, they detest officers so much and will always accuse them as the source of their sorrows.

You can't be sure. You aren't there.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by baba4thegehs: 8:18pm On May 15, 2018
dokyOloye:
You no go go face your stolen phones business?

You're Dumb! Oloriburuku somebody!
Jobless animal!
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by isaacprinz(m): 8:24pm On May 15, 2018
dokyOloye:
Looks like you don't live in Nigeria
well if that will comfort you!
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Reelectbuhari: 8:41pm On May 15, 2018
naptu2:
A soldier in Maiduguri has tweeted about his experience at the war front. He wrote about his reasons for fighting, the attitude of other military personnel, the challenges he faces (imcluding land mines) and the welfare situation of the troops on the frontline.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jassjegs/status/996141631651897344

and the idiot has the courage to tell us his father fought against Biafra.....fool....barbaric fool.....u suppose die in that war front....

who shithole soldiers help......

are u writing this for us to be sympathetic or what....

may u be crushed in that war front like Palestinians..........
and forever be in eternal torment in hell...
terrorist.
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by Reelectbuhari: 8:46pm On May 15, 2018
ilyasom:

Are you in the military

he is terrorist....nothing like military in nigeria is a terrorist group
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by isaacprinz(m): 9:05pm On May 15, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

If you noticed, I intentionally did not want to comment on any of the issues he raised. Most of the rank and file military men make such assumptions with no evidence. They hear a rumor that Ministry of Finance approved so and so amount of money for them, then it becomes a undeniable fact and when their elxpectations are not met, they shift the blame on the officers. Does it even make sense to you that 100k funds are approved and it is brazenly cut down to 48k. Not even that 5k is missing from their money, its a whooping 52k each! You think such will happen and nobody will blow a whistle or heads won't row?

well it is quite understandable for kids like you to sit in your house and spew trash, you just blindly assume that the rank and file in the military detest their officer's for no reason bro that's a big lie" I will advice to make more research about the military b4 coming to this forum to type things that will mislead the public. beside these rank and file u are blindly accusing do most of this military stuff than ur pot bellied benefactors you are campaigning for. well if these "rank and file" like you call them derive joy and happiness from calling out the people they feel are withholding their entitlement like them carry on. you are in no place to assume that these men see their officers as the cause of their sorrows.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by DaAwesome1(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Brother it is not funny at all. Especially in the villages where most of the access roads are still controlled by Bokoharam. Well God is in control
SamuelAnyawu:

Brother it is not funny at all. Especially in the villages where most of the access roads are still controlled by Bokoharam. Well God is in control
u mean they still control territory
Re: Soldier Tweets About His Experience In Maiduguri by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:45am On May 16, 2018
DaAwesome1:

u mean they still control territory

Hmmmm wella na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam / US Cancels Three Reps’ Visas Over Sex Scandal, Dogara Orders Probe / Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.