Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

literary Explanations Of The Poem 'mother Nature' By Akanbi Zainab - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / literary Explanations Of The Poem 'mother Nature' By Akanbi Zainab (363 Views)

The Science Of Human Nature By William Henry Pyle Pdf / The Leader And The Led By Niyi Osundare - Analysis Of The Poem / Analysis Of The Poem 'A Government Driver On His Retirement' By Chibuike Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

literary Explanations Of The Poem 'mother Nature' By Akanbi Zainab by Jimsonjaat96(m): 4:49am On May 15, 2018
MOTHER NATURE

Am the bounty carrier
A glad cheerer with
Outright wholehearted
Am the glow embracer
The Shepherd of the world with
My flittering finger

How has it been ?

Everything in perfection
Love immensely shared
The goodness of the world in
Green, cloudy , stormy rainy all
Vary on space
Anticipate appreciation

How was I been appreciated ?

Adanihun ! Wicked you to me
Woody heart made abode
Weird cry you swim
Ohun owo mi oto ti an fi gangan fa !
What worth worship
Throw in bush
Am here waiting appraisal

How far have I gone?

Alone to ourselves
Race division battling for survival
Helter in skelter to
Accomplish what called
Bounty
Make us accomplices
And you expect a bounty harvest ?
No! Its not been done
The ozone never fall in disagree reminiscing judgement day!

Yet, bounty await outdoor for opening
Let emit inhabit and embrace nature with care and love
Let commit unto the Lord to appease mother nature
She await appeasement !

'MOTHER NATURE' is a simple enjambment, also known as run on-line (A technique in poetry whereby a sentence is carried over to the next line without pause). It's a five stanza-poem with three rhetorical questions serving as Briefs. The Poetess uses the first person technique. It expresses a distress words of Nature which sees herself as Mother of all what Earth contains.
In the first stanza, Nature is presented as, or presents herself as Mother to all that dwell in Earth. She proudly says her duty as a caring Mother, she says:" Am the bounty carrier..." Bounty here is ambiguous - she may be referring to living things she is catering for, such as Man, plants, trees, etc, non living things or materialistic items, or alas all of them. She continues: "A glad cheerer with Outright wholehearted" here she calls herself a simple and straightforward minded being ("with outright heart"wink. These two lines should be read, "(I am) A glad cheerer with outright mind".
As if make sure her message is grasped, she repeats:"Am the glow embracer (of all Earth contains) ..(I am) The Shepherd of the world with My flittering finger". "with my flittering finger(s)" explains how she lovingly tends the Earth's inhabitants with her hands.
Curiously, she asks a question she is in a more better position to answer: "How has it been? I define that a rhetorical question.
After showered accolades on herself, or explains herself and responsibilities of maintaining the Earth, she now turns to say a word or two about Earth's inhabitants in general, she says: "Everything (is) in perfection.." which is true. "(I) Love immensely shared The goodness of the world in Green, cloudy , stormy rainy all Vary on space.." By "Green, cloudy , stormy rainy (and) all" she means all seasons and time which of course have different atmosphere ("Vary on space.."wink
Sadly enough, she drops another hint towards her expectations "(I) anticipate appreciation (from Earth and its inhabitants), she then asks another question that only she can answer: " How was I been appreciated? "Of course, I am not she, how am I going to know? Note, the Poetess use the grammatical immunity as provided by Poetic License for the question should have read" how am I being appreciated? "
Now she laments" *Adanihun (Adarihurun)! Wicked you to me.. Woody heart made abode... Weird cry you swim.. Ohun owo mi oto ti an fi gangan fa (by any means I must achieve whatever I want to)! "in these three lines she tells how Humans are ungrateful and they treat her unconcernedly." she says "woody heart made abode" which means Humans comfortably rely their "woody (read wooden) hearts on materialistic things found in the Earth, while so obsessed with this, they have" What worth worship Throw (thrown' in bush", she means humans let go of what needs to be attended to ("worship"wink.. Not to be seeing as if she is taking a break, she reminds us again: "Am (still) here waiting appraisal.."
Another rhetorical question, "How far have I gone?"
Note, the Poetess still ride on ambiguity as "woody heart" also goes as "wooden heart"

In the fourth stanza, Mother Nature uses the first person plural, thus including herself amongst humans who are solely creatures ("Alone to ourselves"wink Race ('racing' in) division (,) battling for survival... "Helter in skelter to.. Accomplish what called..Bounty..They say," Make us accomplices (cooperators) " she asks, 'by making you cooperators/accomplices/' partners in progress do you " expect a bounty harvest ?" Nature answers in the negative" No! Its not been done... The ozone never fall in disagree reminiscing judgement day!" Ozone in Chemistry is an allotrope of oxygen (symbol O3) having three atoms in the molecule instead of the usual two. Thus it's different as it has a different three atoms instead of two. The Poetess sees this as overambitious. But she later admits" bounty await(s) outdoor for opening" Yes, this is like saying "good things await those who are ready to work for it, or for those who are ready to work for rewards, rewards are closer, I can as much as saying they are just outside the door."

Finally, she advises "Let emit inhabit and embrace nature with care and love.. Let commit unto the Lord to appease mother nature..." One is confused if this advice is from the Poetess or Mother Nature, but the last line indicates that it comes from the former not the latter, as the Poetess concludes " She (Mother Nature) awaits appeasement !"

Jimson Jaat Taofik
The M.A.D Writer
(Making A Difference)
#TogetherWeCanBeMAD
MOTHER NATURE

Am the bounty carrier
A glad cheerer with
Outright wholehearted
Am the glow embracer
My flittering finger

How has it been ?

Everything in perfection
Love immensely shared
Vary on space
Anticipate appreciation

Woody heart made abode
Weird cry you swim
What worth worship
Throw in bush

How far have I gone?

Alone to ourselves
Helter in skelter to
Accomplish what called
Bounty
Make us accomplices
No! Its not been done

She await appeasement !

'MOTHER NATURE' is a simple enjambment, also known as run on-line (A technique in poetry whereby a sentence is carried over to the next line without pause). It's a five stanza-poem with three rhetorical questions serving as Briefs. The Poetess uses the first person technique. It expresses a distress words of Nature which sees herself as Mother of all what Earth contains.
In the first stanza, Nature is presented as, or presents herself as Mother to all that dwell in Earth. She proudly says her duty as a caring Mother, she says:" Am the bounty carrier..." Bounty here is ambiguous - she may be referring to living things she is catering for, such as Man, plants, trees, etc, non living things or materialistic items, or alas all of them. She continues: "A glad cheerer with Outright wholehearted" here she calls herself a simple and straightforward minded being ("with outright heart"wink. These two lines should be read, "(I am) A glad cheerer with outright mind".
As if make sure her message is grasped, she repeats:"Am the glow embracer (of all Earth contains) ..(I am) The Shepherd of the world with My flittering finger". "with my flittering finger(s)" explains how she lovingly tends the Earth's inhabitants with her hands.
Curiously, she asks a question she is in a more better position to answer: "How has it been? I define that a rhetorical question.
After showered accolades on herself, or explains herself and responsibilities of maintaining the Earth, she now turns to say a word or two about Earth's inhabitants in general, she says: "Everything (is) in perfection.." which is true. "(I) Love immensely shared The goodness of the world in Green, cloudy , stormy rainy all Vary on space.." By "Green, cloudy , stormy rainy (and) all" she means all seasons and time which of course have different atmosphere ("Vary on space.."wink
Sadly enough, she drops another hint towards her expectations "(I) anticipate appreciation (from Earth and its inhabitants), she then asks another question that only she can answer: " How was I been appreciated? "Of course, I am not she, how am I going to know? Note, the Poetess use the grammatical immunity as provided by Poetic License for the question should have read" how am I being appreciated? "
Now she laments" *Adanihun (Adarihurun)! Wicked you to me.. Woody heart made abode... Weird cry you swim.. Ohun owo mi oto ti an fi gangan fa (by any means I must achieve whatever I want to)! "in these three lines she tells how Humans are ungrateful and they treat her unconcernedly." she says "woody heart made abode" which means Humans comfortably rely their "woody (read wooden) hearts on materialistic things found in the Earth, while so obsessed with this, they have" What worth worship Throw (thrown' in bush", she means humans let go of what needs to be attended to ("worship"wink.. Not to be seeing as if she is taking a break, she reminds us again: "Am (still) here waiting appraisal.."
Note, the Poetess still ride on ambiguity as "woody heart" also goes as "wooden heart"

In the fourth stanza, Mother Nature uses the first person plural, thus including herself amongst humans who are solely creatures ("Alone to ourselves"wink Race ('racing' in) division (,) battling for survival... "Helter in skelter to.. Accomplish what called..Bounty..They say," Make us accomplices (cooperators) " she asks, 'by making you cooperators/accomplices/' partners in progress do you " expect a bounty harvest ?" Nature answers in the negative" No! Its not been done... The ozone never fall in disagree reminiscing judgement day!" Ozone in Chemistry is an allotrope of oxygen (symbol O3) having three atoms in the molecule instead of the usual two. Thus it's different as it has a different three atoms instead of two. The Poetess sees this as overambitious. But she later admits" bounty await(s) outdoor for opening" Yes, this is like saying "good things await those who are ready to work for it, or for those who are ready to work for rewards, rewards are closer, I can as much as saying they are just outside the door."

Finally, she advises "Let emit inhabit and embrace nature with care and love.. Let commit unto the Lord to appease mother nature..." One is confused if this advice is from the Poetess or Mother Nature, but the last line indicates that it comes from the former not the latter, as the Poetess concludes " She (Mother Nature) awaits appeasement !"

Jimson Jaat Taofik
The M.A.D Writer
(Making A Difference)
#TogetherWeCanBeMAD

MOTHER NATURE

Am the bounty carrier
A glad cheerer with
Outright wholehearted
Am the glow embracer
My flittering finger

How has it been ?

Everything in perfection
Love immensely shared
Vary on space
Anticipate appreciation

Woody heart made abode
Weird cry you swim
What worth worship
Throw in bush

How far have I gone?

Alone to ourselves
Helter in skelter to
Accomplish what called
Bounty
Make us accomplices
No! Its not been done

She await appeasement !

Jimson Jaat Taofik
The M.A.D Writer
(Making A Difference)
#TogetherWeCanBeMAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: literary Explanations Of The Poem 'mother Nature' By Akanbi Zainab by Whyke141: 10:49am On May 15, 2018
Sometimes the male child becomes too broken that his lips fails to gesture to life again, his face becomes an apartment that houses death; stiffening his feet from leaving their place... Sometimes the male child is forced to keep quiet & face the travails of life all alone - silently. Why?

From birth has the male child being left all to himself in this part of the world we find ourselves in - Africa, and this has deeply eaten into our roots, sprouting termites in our society... What can be done.

This is Sanusi Emmanuel telling a tale of doom prior to his life as a boy child gradually developing into adulthood... This is no fiction.

This is a poem to reckon with and dance slowly to the tune it plays into our ears, making us leap back into the right lane of child caring.

Read poem via>>>
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/05/broken.html

The male child should be acknowledged as well, for the pain he bears from within unspoken can't me measured. This poem is broken just as the writer is...

Enjoy!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Résumé Étude et Analyse de l'Enfant de Sable de Tahar Ben Jelloun ? / How To Create The Life You Want / 4 Mistake Writer Make And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.