Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,987 members, 7,866,713 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

State Of The Nation By Ekwueme Roy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of The Nation By Ekwueme Roy (236 Views)

Atiku To Address The Nation By 9am Today Via Twitter & Facebook / Pictures From APGA Presidential Flag Off At Ekwueme Square Awka / Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation By Ekwueme Roy by mrroy91(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2018
The State Of The Nation. Part 1

There is no gain reestablishing the fact that the Nigerian State has failed and heading to catastrophic oblivion but there is lightening need to continuously reiterate the faith that all hope is not lost. I am a nationalist and I believe in this nation state for reasons I sometimes found difficult to convince myself its enough, after intra personal debate/s it all sumed up to just little faith, That little faith that keeps on whispering to me that someday we will get it right, someday we will be in position to effect the change we heartily crave for, someday we will reap the dividends of our strength through our diversity, someday Nigeria will be a shot caller instead of a puppet in the hands of grand western puppeteers. The candle of this little faith which was about dying because of recent turn of event in our dear country have been rekindled by my three weeks explorative experience in South Western Nigeria.

You don't need further introduction to deduce that am not a fan the this current Federal administration, yes am not just a non fan , am an ardent critic and a pained wailer that the wailing fire in me gives me sleepless night on how I will contribute a convincing quota in sending someone back to daura, how to participate actively and favourably in saving my beloved country and its citizenry from the shackles of enemies of the state and from the grasp of carnivorous animals with human flesh masquerading as our current leaders, I have never been more inspired and motivated than I am now, there are just some names that raises my blood pressure and activates all the dormant cells in my system in a chaotic manner, if you know you know.

My one month adventure in the south west was more of public view exploration and opinion pool examination on what will become of Nigeria come 2019, forgive me to confess my initial disdain for western Nigeria for masterminding and foisting this dooms day party and its eventual evil presidency on us all, my pain was not in any way aided by my thought that they are unapologetic and unrepentant of their 2015 catastrophic choice.
Due to my poor analytical prowess only exhibited in my inthought previously, my permutation had been that due to political doggedness of Jagaban and the court followership he enjoys across western states (Ekiti excluded) coupled with five incumbent governors, will lead westerners to actualize my worst nightmare and that of every patriotic Nigerian by extension

But My interactions with over 300 western youths from different states rekindled my hope, Firstly they are no longer under the jagaban revolutionary spell of change.
Secondly we all agreed that Nigeria is in state of quagmire and in dire need of healing, rebranding and restructuring which the incumbent is a sworn enemy of.
Thirdly we all inspired ourselves on the need for a national youth movement that will shake the political atmosphere come 2019 and release us from the shackles of the evil cannibalistic cabals, we unanimously agreed with the end (#backtodaura) but slightly differed on the means.

Most of them are filled with vibes and highly spirited for the prospect of having a young president come 2019, for the ones on this divide, what Nigeria really need is a young president that will lead a technological induced presidency, that will understand the thinking and drive of youths of this dispensation, that would navigate through national and international relations without being scripted, that would understand that its almost a full time job being a Nigerian in this current circumstances, for this my energetic brothers and sisters its either Sowore, Fela or Moghalu but non seemed confidently sure of which is a go, it was almost like anyone but not the recycling of yesterday's men.
The other divide is of the opinion that though Nigeria will benefit most from a youthful President come 2019, the present political composition and equation of Nigeria will make it impossible for neither of the three above to emerge as president, politics in Nigeria is not yet matured enough to be won on wonderful ideas and media popularity alone. There has to be deep rooted structure across the country, you have to attract the sentiment of major religious leaders and traditional rulers across the country to at least not campaign against you if they can't afford to support you and Most importantly you must have a very good number of governors on your side which these three potential revolutionaries do not possess presently. Its good that youths are participating more and going for the villa throne but let us not get too excited of prospect and forget the clarion call for national rescue.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Dickson Has Felicitated With Prof. Ike Ekweremadu On His 56th Birthday.... / Just In: Senate To Pass 2018 Budget In 48 Hours / Another Political Blast On R-connect Online Channels.....'political FIDO'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.