Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Do Mermaids Really Exist??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? (7740 Views)

Are Mermaids Fallen Angels? / Mermaids Dey In Existence Ooo.. / Do Mermaids Exist?? Share Your Encounter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Paulscholari(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2018
A mermaid exist o... They're not wicked like we humans and they are very beautiful.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by tintingz(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
am telling u,some people made a hell of money out of it.each compound was made to pay some certain of money,when I calculated it,it was in d hundreds of thousand.
the most money they made came from tree log.many trees were cutted,because d priest said its inside d woods dat d mermaids live.d wood they sold was in the millions.woods that have been there for hundreds of years
Lol, what if the mermaid you claim you saw was a syndicate of the priest?

1 Like

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by tintingz(m): 1:38pm On May 16, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
I had a glimpse of her b4 fleeing for my dear live with odas.she was sitting on a stone dat has d shape of a mortar.it was my father dat came back and described d rest to us his children. he said they spoke to her,but she didn't respond.they asked her where she came from,she didn't utter a word.then our local dibia started saying some Incantations,dat was when she disappeared
Lol ok.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Obainoneandonly(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2018
tintingz:
Lol, what if the mermaid you claim you saw was a syndicate of the priest?
which of d priest are u talking abt.the Catholic priest or the dibia(herbalist)
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by tintingz(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
which of d priest are u talking abt.the Catholic priest or the dibia(herbalist)
Any of the priests.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Obainoneandonly(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2018
tintingz:
Any of the priests.
I don't think so,because d dibia (herbalist)was part of those dat arrange for bringing down d powerful dibia from ohafia......the catholic priest was based in owerri
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by AmunaNo1: 2:44pm On May 16, 2018
midehill:
since when I was young...I have been curious to know if mermaid truelly exist...

I have made my research on Google and on YouTube yet I am not pleased with the answer

my dad said when he was very young...that he was told mermaid came to a beach...but by the time he and his siblings would get to the beach...the mermaid have gone and this made me more curious to know if it really exist

one of my previous neighbour also told me she have seen it before but I don't believe because she normally tells lies alot...

According to my research some says it exist and some says it doesn't...

when I watched the video on YouTube...the videos are not real...it's either they show me cartoon or film mermaid...

those who worship mermaid...do they really see it

please guys help my curiousity

share your experience if it exists or not in the comments below

please moderators help move to front page for better reviews and comments

cc seun
cc lalasticlala
cc mynd44
cc roctation

thanks

Mermaids most certainly exist. Contrary to popular belief, mermaids or water spirits are not demons or evil spirits. They are a natural part of the earths ecosystem. They have lived alongside man for many millennia and can be found in almost every culture on this planet. For clarity sake, there are different types of mermaids. One group are remnants of the ancient planet tiamat that survived the destruction of that planet and traveled here to build a new home, they are quite beautiful in appearance and will most accurately fit the image popularized by the media. Another group are the result of atlantean genetic experiments with DNA, this group are rather fearsome in appearance and are more primitive than the later. The last group are true water spirits they far less physical and more energetic than the previous groups, they may be regarded as the conscious part of the sea they are responsible for its regulation and maintenance. They are diverse in shape and appearance.

As the name water spirit suggests all mermaids, are quite adept at manipulating water and magnetic fluids. they are great healers and wonder workers. They are an integral part of nature and as such they resonate in that frequency. This is why it is almost impossible to see one unless you too resonate at natures frequency of love and acceptance. Unfortunately most of us are trapped in vibrations of fear and rejection.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by AustineE1: 4:29pm On May 16, 2018
AmunaNo1:

Mermaids most certainly exist. Contrary to popular belief, mermaids or water spirits are not demons or evil spirits. They are a natural part of the earths ecosystem. They have lived alongside man for many millennia and can be found in almost every culture on this planet. For clarity sake, there are different types of mermaids. One group are remnants of the ancient planet tiamat that survived the destruction of that planet and traveled here to build a new home, they are quite beautiful in appearance and will most accurately fit the image popularized by the media. Another group are the result of atlantean genetic experiments with DNA, this group are rather fearsome in appearance and are more primitive than the later. The last group are true water spirits they far less physical and more energetic than the previous groups, they may be regarded as the conscious part of the sea they are responsible for its regulation and maintenance. They are diverse in shape and appearance.

As the name water spirit suggests all mermaids, are quite adept at manipulating water and magnetic fluids. they are great healers and wonder workers. They are an integral part of nature and as such they resonate in that frequency. This is why it is almost impossible to see one unless you too resonate at natures frequency of love and acceptance. Unfortunately most of us are trapped in vibrations of fear and rejection.

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by AustineE1: 4:32pm On May 16, 2018
AmunaNo1:

You took us through a long journey into the realm of (mis)interpretation and am finding it very hard to dispute your manipulative lies. I'm sure op will be more confused than ever before. However,the truth remains that there are angels and demons,therefore the demons that exists in marine environment,makes up the marine spirit hence the mermaid. There are reports of those who have encountered it both in Nigeria and elsewhere,while some claim she gave them wealth others hold her responsible for there misfortune.
I remember an old Nigerian musician sang songs in appreciation of mammy water,can't get his name now,he sang and i quote 'if you see mammy water never never you run away...'!
My candid advice to the op,'curiosity they say,kills the cat',dont waste valuable time searching for the existence or non existence of mermaid,live your life like tomorrow is your last day,be good to all the people you can while you can and allow lifes mystery sort itself out.
God bless you!
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by vaxx: 4:39pm On May 16, 2018
i welcome possibility

Fish from the waist down; human from the waist up. such species may likely exist, an evolutionary proponent should consider this. human and fish both have common ancestors. so having a cousin who is both human and fish at the same time should not be a big deal, just like hippopotamus who look more like pig but belong to whales family for example. biologically if such a creature exist they will fall under mammals. they will lived near the surface of the sea and came up for air like other aquatic mammals. and someone may suggest if that is the case we would have already found, killed and categorized them by now. but the person should know that not all aquatic species are known. in fact there is still more to be known.

Currently there is one place on the planet where a completely unknown civilization could exist if a very large number of fairly improbable events happened and a lot of conditions were met. That place is proposed underground ocean:

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/huge-underground-ocean-discovered-towards-earths-core/

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/13/earth-may-have-underground-ocean-three-times-that-on-surface

it seems that the op is a crazy fan of mermaids , op you can consult a genetic engineering , they may probably find a way of creating a species like that.... try watching this movie ''Splash'' there is a rumor, it is a documentary and not just a movie!!
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by AmunaNo1: 4:58pm On May 16, 2018
AustineE1:

You took us through a long journey into the realm of (mis)interpretation and am finding it very hard to dispute your manipulative lies. I'm sure op will be more confused than ever before. However,the truth remains that there are angels and demons,therefore the demons that exists in marine environment,makes up the marine spirit hence the mermaid. There are reports of those who have encountered it both in Nigeria and elsewhere,while some claim she gave them wealth others hold her responsible for there misfortune.
I remember an old Nigerian musician sang songs in appreciation of mammy water,can't get his name now,he sang and i quote 'if you see mammy water never never you run away...'!
My candid advice to the op,'curiosity they say,kills the cat',dont waste valuable time searching for the existence or non existence of mermaid,live your life like tomorrow is your last day,be good to all the people you can while you can and allow lifes mystery sort itself out.
God bless you!

You cannot dispute this because deep in your heart you know it is the truth.
Open your mind and you will find a world filled with brilliance and splendor.

1 Like

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by tintingz(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2018
AmunaNo1:

These are just folklores, pseudo-intelligence, you have no evidence of mermaid existence and you talk as if you have evidence of one.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 17, 2018
midehill:

have u seen it b4
I've not seen one physically though I wish to see them in the physical realm, I've only encountered them in the spiritual realm, I was running towards a large body of water because some people were pursuing me, and I saw this beautiful mermaid half fish half human swam towards me, kill those that were pursuing me and then took me away on her back smiley
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Anas09: 10:36pm On May 17, 2018
midehill:
since when I was young...I have been curious to know if mermaid truelly exist...

I have made my research on Google and on YouTube yet I am not pleased with the answer

my dad said when he was very young...that he was told mermaid came to a beach...but by the time he and his siblings would get to the beach...the mermaid have gone and this made me more curious to know if it really exist

one of my previous neighbour also told me she have seen it before but I don't believe because she normally tells lies alot...

According to my research some says it exist and some says it doesn't...

when I watched the video on YouTube...the videos are not real...it's either they show me cartoon or film mermaid...

those who worship mermaid...do they really see it

please guys help my curiousity

share your experience if it exists or not in the comments below

please moderators help move to front page for better reviews and comments

cc seun
cc lalasticlala
cc mynd44
cc roctation

thanks
When your father told you what he told you, what was your response?
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Anas09: 10:42pm On May 17, 2018
IAMJojo:
Wetin happen?
Just imagine o. The guy want make we ask am before him go talk weytin happen.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Ola17: 6:37am On May 18, 2018
midehill:

continue please

We decided to wade across the stream in order to capture the two(supposed) fishes.

We were at the middle of the stream, talking excitedly and splashing water when the two 'fishes' noticed our presence and immediately turned around, kai! mermaids dey worwor like madt! Forget about those things they show on TV! I saw the most horrendous and frightening sight of my life! Unknown to us the two this we were thinking to be fishes are actually a mermaid and a merman making out!!! shocked
The two creatures startled, jumped into the stream ( did I mention that those accursed creatures also eat humans?) and one of the creatures grabbed the leg of Abdul( may he always rest in peace) and dragged him under.

Abeg make I stop here, memories of that day is just too painful.

Mermaids is real. Don't let anybody deceive you fa.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by joseff14(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
u know,some people will just stay in Lagos,porthacourt,abuja etc. and say tins don't happen.sh*t happens in d village, strange tins dat are hard to believe.if I didn't witnessed it now and someone just start telling d thing.i would say its a lie,but i witnessed it live and direct.and all d procedures dat was don to drive d creature away

Any pishure undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by joseff14(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2018
;Day
Ola17:

We decided to wade across the stream in order to capture the two(supposed) fishes.

We were at the middle of the stream, talking excitedly and splashing water when the two 'fishes' noticed our presence and immediately turned around, kai! mermaids dey worwor like madt! Forget about those things they show on TV! I saw the most horrendous and frightening sight of my life! Unknown to us the two this we were thinking to be fishes are actually a mermaid and a merman making out!!! shocked
The two creatures startled, jumped into the stream ( did I mention that those accursed creatures also eat humans?) and one of the creatures grabbed the leg of Abdul( may he always rest in peace) and dragged him under.

Abeg make I stop here, memories of that day is just too painful.

Mermaids is real. Don't let anybody deceive you fa.
grin

1 Like

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2018
joseff14:

Any pishure undecided
since ao many years.this happened before the advent of phone in nigeria
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Seun(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2018
midehill:
one of my previous neighbour also told me she have seen it before but I don't believe because she normally tells lies alot.
This is a great way to express my position on the existence of God. Just change “my previous neighbour” to “religion”.

From an evolutionary POV, without considering the lack of evidence, aquatic human beings are extremely unlikely to exist because we do not share the common ancestor that mammals in the sea (whales and dolphins) share. It is from this ancestor that they got most of the features that allow them to thrive in the sea, such as nostrils at the top of their heads, strong flippers and tails and for swimming with great speed and agility, the ability to hold their breaths for a very long time, their aerodynamic shape that reduces drag as they swim, the ability to give birth under water, the layer of fat that protects them from freezing in cold water and gives them buoyancy, the ability to communicate under water, etc. Human beings cannot live in the sea just because they have tails. It takes far more than that. The biologically changes needed to make human beings seaworthy would make them unrecognizable as human beings.

Quick question: if mermaids are spirits, why do they usually have tails? They aren’t physically swimming in the water, right?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by tintingz(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2018
It's easy to develop mythical stories, legends when there are no cameras especially in rural areas, semi developed areas where it's filled with ignorant people.

Reading most people experience here about mermaids are mostly in thier villages or were told and thier stories sound like fictions or misinterpreted thier experiences.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Ola17: 12:08pm On May 18, 2018
Mine is a first-hand experience fa.
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by SirToothBrush: 12:29pm On May 18, 2018
AlfaSeltzer:

I know. I was there.
grin lol
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Tech9900: 1:08pm On May 18, 2018
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by edicied: 2:09pm On May 18, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
I had a glimpse of her b4 fleeing for my dear live with odas.she was sitting on a stone dat has d shape of a mortar.it was my father dat came back and described d rest to us his children. he said they spoke to her,but she didn't respond.they asked her where she came from,she didn't utter a word.then our local dibia started saying some Incantations,dat was when she disappeared
And through out all the conversation nobody get camera to video am?
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Obainoneandonly(m): 2:24pm On May 18, 2018
edicied:
And through out all the conversation nobody get camera to video am?
bro nawao for u o.I say phone never come outside dat time.1997
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Grupo(m): 2:48pm On May 18, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
bro nawao for u o.I say phone never come outside dat time.1997

You are a bloody liar.

Your sisters went to the stream to swim by 10pm? Do you think you are talking to little kids here?
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Obainoneandonly(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2018
Grupo:

You are a bloody liar.

Your sisters went to the stream to swim by 10pm? Do you think you are talking to little kids here?
bro d story is 100% authentic, but I can't force you to believe on wat you don't don't....I believe when dis tin happened, its either u weren't born then or u were still a toddler then
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by joseff14(m): 3:10pm On May 18, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
since ao many years.this happened before the advent of phone in nigeria
Yeah, that's true. Most of this stuff always happen when there's no camera. Those mermaid must b scared of camera since we don't see dem around this days.

1 Like

Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Obainoneandonly(m): 3:16pm On May 18, 2018
joseff14:

Yeah, that's true. Most of this stuff always happen when there's no camera. Those mermaid must b scared of camera since we don't see dem around this days.
i want t ask u a question.have u seen a spirit before, or do u believe in voodoo(juju).or they just don't exist
Re: Do Mermaids Really Exist??? by Grupo(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
bro d story is 100% authentic, but I can't force you to believe on wat you don't don't....I believe when dis tin happened, its either u weren't born then or u were still a toddler then

I grew up in the village bro. I know that in my village then, people dare not go to the stream once it is 7pm. I know this is what obtains in several other villages.

Now, you are trying to tell me that your sister went to the stream at 10pm. Did she take a touch light to the stream? Or the moon was shining that night. Or there were street lights lining the sides of the stream? Don't you see that your story sounds incredible?

I understand that sometimes, we garnish stories like this to make them seem real, but I must tell you that your story is false.

In my village, there is this story about a popular native doctor who never tasted death. They claimed it happened in the 80s. The story was that the man evaporated through smoke and has never been seen up to this day. If I want to make you believe this story, I would simply tell you that I was there when it happened or something like that.

Mermaids belong to folklore and should be let to remain there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Signs Your Star Is Under Attack / Who Is The Most Powerful Pastor/prophet In Nigeria Be Host Pls / Top 12 Most Beautiful Nigerian Pastor's Wife ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.