Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's (1448 Views)

Shutting Crypto Accounts Can't Stop Igboho’s Funding - Lawyer / NPA's Claim For Shutting Down BUA Terminal Busted - Politics Nigeria (Photos) / See The Cost Of Shutting Down The Internet Per Day (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by otamiri2: 6:26pm On May 15, 2018
Shutting down Emzor Pharmaceutical company: Buhari is truly clueless

Nigeria's biggest pharmaceutical company is Emzor. It's owned by an Easterner. Hold your breath, I'm not bringing tribe here, just stating the background. The company employs over 300 direct workers and over 10,000 indirect workers. Their products are arguably the best in the country. They have operated for years without scandal and maintained maximum professionalism.

Viola, a scandal about JUST ONE drug containing codeine is brought up against them. In less than a month, the Buhari administration shuts them down, pending investigations, which may never be completed.

I'm aware that two other companies faced same fate but my interest is on Emzor as the biggest of them all.

The harsh reality is that over 11,000 Nigerians will be rendered jobless because of this clueless decision. The sad reality is that the company will fold up and over N50 million will be wasted monthly just to service the equipment and cause it not to rust while the workers are away.

The closing down of a company like Emzor because of one drug shows how bereft of intellectuals this Buhari's government lacks.

Dangote produces cement. We have seen Nigerians use the product mixed with water to commit suicide. Do we talk about their trailers that kill over hundred Nigerians yearly and bring down houses? Does it mean that Dangote cement should be shut down because of such killings?

Codeine is infused into many syrup that I know of, including children's own, and it has helped to cure sicknesses. That some demented fellow decides to abuse it through the use of drugs produced by the company is not enough to shut them down. That one drug was caught with codeine is not enough to deny sick Nigerians of other drugs that they sell. Is the government not aware that the most popular paracetamol is Emzor product?

The best is to ban the drugs or place a fine on the erring companies, but to shut down an entire plant is the height of executive rascality. Guns are produced for security officials but has been misused by arm robbers. Has it made the government of any country to shut down gun companies?

NAFDAC should immediately reverse this evil decision targeted at bringing down the bubbling Emzor that will only bring economic woes. They killed Ibeto cement and we kept quiet. They are about to kill Emzor again and we won't keep quiet.

Carry out your investigations and allow the companies run. It's bad enough that this administration has brought job losses to Nigerians and more should not be added to the streets. The end result is armed robbery and when it happens, even Yusuf won't be safe on the road to drive his N140 million powerbike.

Nigerians all over the world should rise up against this economic genocide by Buhari. They should stand up and kick against this evil that's about to throw our sisters, brothers, uncles, fathers, mothers and relations into depression, caused by the loss of their job.

Say No to it. Lend your voice to it.

#ReopenEmzor
#DontShutDownEmzor
#BanCodeineNotEmzor

© F.O (God's Pen of Morality)
And Team Solution....

Note: This is not a PR work by Fejiro Oliver as many may think...

See other related political news below
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by jaromi666: 6:28pm On May 15, 2018
imagine the clued
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28pm On May 15, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by ArcFresky(m): 6:32pm On May 15, 2018
@op, dont let hatred guide your posts......

Why do you have to drag PMB into the issue of closing Emzor....
Were u there when PMB gave the order to close the company?

some of these actions are carried out by civil servants.... who are eager to please their boss.......

PMB may be clueless or whatever u term him, but he is not Omnipresence / Omniscience

5 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Dejohnbull: 6:35pm On May 15, 2018
Vision less government
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by hisgrace090: 6:36pm On May 15, 2018
The way we follow issues in Nigeria means that soonest no Nigeria will be held responsible for wrong doing, and we all know what the effect will be like.

I don't think even dividing Nigeria can be of help because by then every state in each region turned country will start shouting "because it is my state" that is why he is been interrogated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by obonujoker(m): 6:39pm On May 15, 2018
ArcFresky:
@op, dont let hatred guide your posts......

Why do you have to drag PMB into the issue of closing Emzor....
Were u there when PMB gave the order to close the company?

some of these actions are carried out by civil servants.... who are eager to please their boss.......

PMB may be clueless or whatever u term him, but he is not Omnipresence / Omniscience

Buh we blamed GEJ over everything since the buck stops at his table... so blaming Buhari is logical...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by SalamRushdie: 6:40pm On May 15, 2018
When I say Buhari is the most short sighted character on earth this is what I mean .. For Govt that has lost 13 million jobs and not created a single one to embark of such myopic action against a foremost indigenous pharmaceutical over Abuse of a drug for which it had a license to produce in the first place .. Buhari is acting like Emzor kept producing the drugs after the ban on codeine based cough syrups ..The worst the govt should have done is to hit them with a fine over their the actions of their irresponsible sales rep who sold 60 bottles to the BBC crew
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 6:40pm On May 15, 2018
Mr otamiri2 or whatever you call yourself. were you in coma when emzor released a statement than only 1 section out of several (the part than handles codeine related products) of their manufacturing plant was shut down? emzolin with codeine is just one out of over 100 products that emzor has so how is that enough to make the company shut down?

pls while it's out duty as electorates to criticise the government we should do than truthfully and objectively and not based on beer parlour gists.

take down that your foolish submission pls

4 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
Mr otamiri2 or whatever you call yourself. were you in coma when emzor released a statement than only 1 section out of several (the part than handles codeine related products) of their manufacturing plant was shut down? emzolin with codeine is just one out of over 100 products that emzor has so how is that enough to make the company shut down?

pls while it's out duty as electorates to criticise the government we should do than truthfully and objectively and not based on beer parlour gists.

take down that your foolish submission pls
Mr salamrushdie this also applies to you

2 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2018
We know you are stupid, but waving it in our face is an insult.

Buhari doesn't make every decision. At least, he wasn't the one that invented stupidity in your veins. NAFDAC shut the pharmaceuticals for investigation purpose and as at three days ago, they were already reopened.

By the way...

2 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2018
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/nafdac-lifts-shutdown-emzor-2-pharmaceutical-coys/

NAFDAC on Saturday lifted the shutdown order on three companies who were closed on May 7, for production of codeine cough syrups have been lifted and the normal company operations could resume.

The companies include the Emzor Pharmaceuticals Ind. Ltd, Lagos, Peace Standard Pharmaceutical Limited and Bioraj Pharmaceutical Limited in Ilorin, Kwara.

According to a statement from the agency, the Director-General, NAFDAC, Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye gave the directive following meetings held with the companies and its directorates of Investigation and Enforcement (I&E), Drug Evaluation Research (DER) and Narcotics and Controlled Substances (NCS).
According to NAFDAC, the production of codeine syrup is to be stopped immediately until further notice while investigations continue.
“Therefore, the hold placed on the active pharmaceutical ingredient and the already made codeine syrups stands. NAFDAC will monitor the compliance.
“All codeine products are to be recalled and the process verified through audit trail verified by NAFDAC
“Embargo has been placed on new applications for permit or renewals for the importation of codeine as an active pharmaceutical ingredient for cough preparations, i.e., NAFDAC will not issue any permit until further notice
“The companies have been charged with administrative fees that are commensurate with the respective violations,” the statement said.
NAFDAC said that it would hold a stakeholders meeting on the codeine crisis in a few days to develop a road map for the supply chain distribution and the future of codeine syrup manufacturing.
The agency also noted that the stakeholders meeting was in line with the Minister of Health pronouncements in his press release on the codeine crisis.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that NAFDAC said it had clamped down on the three companies due to their inability to provide required documents for NAFDAC officials during an inspection of the facilities on May 2 and 3 at Ilorin and Lagos.
Earlier, the Federal Ministry of Health had announced a ban on the production and import of cough syrup containing codeine

cc salamrushdie otamiri2

1 Like

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Pierohandsome: 6:47pm On May 15, 2018
Is this op living in the moon? It ws only the codeine section that ws shut dwn and has been reopened.

Stop crying over nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2018
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/267688-were-still-manufacturing-emzor-says-disputes-nafdac-closure.html

Only one production site of pharmaceutical firm, Emzor, was shut contrary to the claim of the food and drug regulator, NAFDAC, the company said on Tuesday.
In a series of tweets on its Twitter handle, Emzor said NAFDAC only sealed its liquid line. It said the rest of its manufacturing operation was going on normally.

cc otamiri2 salamrushdie

the least you half illiterates can do is use Google for a minute or two before calling a sitting president an illiterate.

half literacy is obviously more dangerous than complete illiteracy

2 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by clarocuzioo(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2018
I don't want to believe that Emzor as a whole was shut down, I want to stay with the story that says that only codeine production line was shut down.
If actually Emzor as a whole was shut down, that's the height of insensitivity and cluelessness. Some of us who have been very close to these Abokis will testify to their addiction to anything addictable.
Some are now using Lacassera and Tom Tom, some sniff gum, some sniff thinners, I heard one recently that some go to pit laterines early in the morning to sniff just to get high. Do we start we start banning all these things and closing down companies because some group of ignorant persons decided to play with their lives and destinies?
The simple solution is to implement stiff regulations, ensuring that people get the drugs strictly with a pharmacist's prescription.
Education in the North should be seriously improved, the high level of illiteracy in the North is affecting the entire country and is drawing the entire Nation back, little wonder Good luck Ebele Jonathan introduced so many almajiri schools to curb this menace, but it looks like the elites in the North are so comfortable with the status quo so as to have willing and easy tools for their selfish gains.
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by jaromi666: 6:51pm On May 15, 2018
whatever
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2018
clarocuzioo:
I don't want to believe that Emzor as a whole was shut down, I want to stay with the story that says that only codeine production line was shut down.
If actually Emzor as a whole was shut down, that's the height of insensitivity and cluelessness. Some of us who have been very close to these Abokis will testify to their addiction to anything addictable.
Some are now using Lacassera and Tom Tom, some sniff gum, some sniff thinners, I heard one recently that some go to pit laterines early in the morning to sniff just to get high. Do we start we start banning all these things and closing down companies because some group of ignorant persons decided to play with their lives and destinies?
The simple solution is to implement stiff regulations, ensuring that people get the drugs strictly with a pharmacist's prescription.
Education in the North should be seriously improved, the high level of illiteracy in the North is affecting the entire country and is drawing the entire Nation back, little wonder Good luck Ebele Jonathan introduced so many almajiri schools to curb this menace, but it looks like the elites in the North are so comfortable with the status quo so as to have willing and easy tools for their selfish gains.
chief don't mind those two illiterates that started the thread. refer to my comments above.

emzor has over hundred products and emzolin with codeine is just 1 out of over 100. only the codeine line was shut down and it has been reopened. so how is the company going to pack up according to the op's claims? pls ignore those illiterates

2 Likes

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by SalamRushdie: 6:59pm On May 15, 2018
Jaideyone:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/267688-were-still-manufacturing-emzor-says-disputes-nafdac-closure.html

cc otamiri2 salamrushdie

the least you half illiterates can do is use Google for a minute or two before calling a sitting president an illiterate.

half literacy is obviously more dangerous than complete illiteracy

It's not my duty to go scavenging for articles to defend this inept govt , my stance here is very clear and that is to expose the certified incompetence of the Buhari failed administration whose short sightedness has killed many Nigerian Businesses ...Till I get further info from Emir reps I know personally you can shove your dirty link where in the garbage can it belongs sir .
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by otamiri2: 7:01pm On May 15, 2018
Jezzzzz una don finish me....
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 7:06pm On May 15, 2018
SalamRushdie:

It's not my duty to go scavenging for articles to defend this inept govt , my stance here is very clear and that is to expose the certified incompetence of the Buhari failed administration whose short sightedness has killed many Nigerian Businesses ...Till I get further info from Emir reps I know personally you can shove your dirty link where in the garbage can it belongs sir .
oh it's not your duty to verify your false claims before you come and misinform the public? grin

if well-meaning Nigerians like myself are not here to burst your lies you will jubilate about buhari's incompetence on the thread and ask your victims to vote against him based on lies. then you'll go on to accuse the government of trying to kill Ibo businesses.

may God almighty deliver you from foolishness.

btw you said I should shove my link up my as£ but that's the statement emzor released on their own to tell the public they are producing other products. the so called victim says he wasn't victimised and you are still crying on his behalf? grin

once again may God deliver you from foolishness. say amen!!! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by otamiri2: 7:08pm On May 15, 2018
U guys should not forget that a bad govt must be blamed at all cost, he has treathen to do that before now grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Throwback: 7:13pm On May 15, 2018
otamiri2:
Jezzzzz una don finish me....

It seems you just woke up from an alcohol induced sleep and decided to write on the last news you heard before you passed out?

Even so, write fact based news and not the typical tribal conjectures inspired by persecution/victim complex.

When the specific suspect product line at Emzor got shut down, did they not eventually cooperate with NAFDAC's investigation?

1 Like

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by Jaideyone(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2018
otamiri2:
U guys should not forget that a bad govt must be blamed at all cost, he has treathen to do that before now grin
yes let's blame the government for everything!!!

you got hit by a parked car last week too. let's blame Bihari for that too!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by ArcFresky(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2018
obonujoker:

Buh we blamed GEJ over everything since the buck stops at his table... so blaming Buhari is logical...

Are you saying we should continue doing the wring thing.....
Blame this, blame that....
Re: Shutting Down Emzor Pharmaceutical Company: Buhari Is Truly Clueless Nigeria's by anibirelawal(m): 7:52pm On May 15, 2018
@OP, You are nothing but an Unpatriotic Tribalist.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Protested Alone In Australia Delivers A Strong Message (video) / 2019: Atiku Abubakar Mocks Muhammadu Buhari’s ‘next Level’ Campaign / Who Has The Real Picture Of Jubrin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.