Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa (564 Views)

How Gana Stopped Convoy, Switched Cars Before His Arrest And Death / 4 Fake SARS Officials Killed In Rivers State (Graphic photos) / SARS Officials Arrest Sales Girls In Anambra For Stealing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Priscy01(f): 3:59am On May 16, 2018
An oil and gas expert has narrated his ordeal in the hands of SARS officials who saw his South Africa visa application and concluded that he was a fraudster.

Mr. Atey, a Nigerian Oil and Gas expert, said he was forced to pay the sum of NGN 50,000 by Lagos state SARS officials after he was arrested and searched in Okoko, Lagos, Nigeria.

Recounting his experience yesterday, Atey said he was about driving from Ajangbadi to Lekki when officers who were in a minivan and weren’t on uniform stopped him and asked to see his I.D. After he provided that, they insisted he follows them to the station. On getting there they searched his car and found documents he used in applying for a South Africa visa. The leader concluded he was a thief for wanting to travel to South Africa.

He was interrogated and his phone, car key and wallet were seized because he wouldn't bribe them. Eventually, he was thrown into a cell until he agreed to give them NGN 50,000 and they became friendly and let him go.

Atey said he then collected the phone number of the leader, named Okon, so he could search for him on social media. He also got a photo of one of the SARS officers and shared it online together with Okon's phone number.

He shared the story on Instagram with the caption;
"What I saw at okoko police station."

Read his narrative below;

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/sars-officials-arrest-and-extort-oil-and-gas-expert-for-applying-for-south-african-visa.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Priscy01(f): 4:00am On May 16, 2018

Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Chynx(m): 4:35am On May 16, 2018
Front page please.

This nonsense has to stop!
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:45am On May 16, 2018
When will this nonsense extortions end. angry
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Nobody: 4:54am On May 16, 2018
Things keep getting worse. May God help us.
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by sunbilor(m): 5:23am On May 16, 2018
It seems there is a charge by the police high command to the rank and file to embark on an extorting spree. The way the police extort motorists here in Aba, if not checked, could result to massive protests soon.

#reformsarsnow#
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by hisgrace090: 5:41am On May 16, 2018
The SARS milking of Nigerians continues.

Just because our leaders cares not.
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by dfrost: 5:54am On May 16, 2018
SARS again? Will I call this a necessary turpitude or what?
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Nobody: 5:55am On May 16, 2018
So every body is now fraudsters in the eyes of SARS and EFCC, a time will come when every body will answer their son name. You see reason I don't feel pity for any of them should armed robbers shoot them cos the caused it all to themselves.
Don't scam or exploit your follow Nigerians.
Carry Laptop not Gun. God bless America
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by emi14: 6:04am On May 16, 2018
YoungFr:
So every body is now fraudsters in the eyes of SARS and EFCC, a time will come when every body will answer their son name. You see reason I don't feel pity for any of them should armed robbers shoot them cos the caused it all to themselves.
Don't scam or exploit your follow Nigerians.
Carry Laptop not Gun. God bless America
The benefits and advantages of smartphones and laptops are forgotten as all laptops and smartphone owners are regarded as fraudsters before SARS especially in Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Elmojiid(m): 6:26am On May 16, 2018
okon okon hmmm,by there name we shall know them.
Re: SARS Officials Arrest And Extort Oil And Gas Expert For Applying For S.A Visa by Nobody: 6:29am On May 16, 2018
emi14:

The benefits and advantages of smartphones and laptops are forgotten as all laptops and smartphone owners are regarded as fraudsters before SARS especially in Lagos state.
like I said before a time will come where all this SARS, Police and EFCC will be stoned on the street

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Five Men Gang-raped Us….invited Friends To Also `come And Eat Free Meal’ / ‘don’t Run Away From The Police’ ACP Shogunle Advises Nigerians / I Rob Because I Wasn’t Enrolled In School – 18-Year-Old Boy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.