Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,478 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) (20306 Views)

Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC / Marafa: Crooks Within APC Want To Install Serving Governor As Buhari's Successor / Idris Wada, Serving Governor, 7 Others In Trouble Over ₦6.5 Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by ManirBK: 6:17am On May 16, 2018
2019 presidency: PDP shops for serving gov
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is considering the option of fielding a serving governor as its presidential candidate for the 2019 general elections.

PDP chieftains who spoke with our correspondent, yesterday, explained that the party needed someone who would be covered by executive immunity till May 29, 2019.

‎A former member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) who preferred anonymity said the party was exploring several other options as well but that getting a saleable serving governor would reduce a lot of stress.

‎”You can’t rule out the possibility of the PDP fielding a serving governor but we are being painstaking in the process of selecting our presidential candidate,” he said.
“The overall objective is to get that person that can defeat President Buhari; someone who will not be arrested later for alleged corruption. So we are exploring several options, including fielding a serving governor from the North,” he said.

‎Our correspondent reports that the PDP has only two serving governors from the North, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State who is rounding off his second term and Darius Ishaku of Taraba State who is in his first term.

The PDP had zoned its presidential ticket to the North even as some sources said its searchlight for a credible candidate would go beyond party affiliation.
A source said Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State is also being considered for the ticket on grounds of his youthful age and immunity.

Tambuwal is still in the All Progressives Congress (APC) but insiders say PDP leaders were mounting pressure on him to return, banking on the grievances of the nPDP members within the APC.

The PDP spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan in a text message on whether the party was shopping for a serving governors said, “PDP is open and our party will create the requisite enabling environment for all aspirants seeking to be president on the platform of our party.”

‎A founding member of the PDP, Alhaji Aminu Yakudima, told our correspondent in a telephone interview that it was better to field someone who would not disappoint Nigerians after winning the polls.

“It is about people who can deliver and especially those who are conversant with the manifesto of the party and the political terrain generally; people who can deliver.
“If you present a governor who is not doing well in the state, for instance, you are more or less creating more problems for the people. If you do that you are doing a disservice to Nigeria,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2019-presidency-pdp-shops-for-serving-gov-250788.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by ManirBK: 6:17am On May 16, 2018
Is Looter Jonathan death, Why another aspirant?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Nobody: 6:19am On May 16, 2018
We know it is Governor Dankwabo that is being reffered to. Dankwabo is a good guy from what we have seen so far. But the strategic objective of our times is achieving Igbo Presidency in 2023.

How does that seat with Dankwabo? If Dankwabo wins a first term in 2019, by 2023, his supporters will pressure him to run for a second term, whether he likes it or not.

Buhari is running for a second term. By 2023 he would be done. The North would have server 8 years. It would be the turn of the Igbos to produce the president. 2023 is a spiritual date as far as Ndigbo are concerned. It is the date the Igbos will symbolically return to feeling a full sense of belonging as Nigerians.[b]

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency 2023.

PS: My friend TonyeBarcanister, sorry I have to mention you here, but since you are a very popular Nairalander in PDP, many will want to know your reaction to this news.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:22am On May 16, 2018
Another gossip mill... PDP Presidential ticket was on and lost on December 9, 2017 at Eagles Square during the PDP National Convention that brought the present NWC members to power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Talknochip(m): 6:26am On May 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by madridguy(m): 6:32am On May 16, 2018
Ayam available shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by madridguy(m): 6:33am On May 16, 2018
Hope your alternative party APDA still dey active? tongue

TonyeBarcanista:
Another gossip mill... PDP Presidential ticket was on and lost on December 9, 2017 at Eagles Square during the PDP National Convention that brought the present NWC members to power.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by hardywaltz(m): 6:34am On May 16, 2018
What of Atiku? Chie them don wack him money again

Atiku will decamp to APGA

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:35am On May 16, 2018
Atiku we know

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:38am On May 16, 2018
madridguy:
Hope your alternative party APDA still dey active? tongue

Lols na there Okorocha wan go as dem don knack am akpako for Imo?
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:39am On May 16, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Atiku we know
Funny!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Bethel4Life(f): 6:41am On May 16, 2018
i dont really believe this news

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by madridguy(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2018
grin grin grin Okorocha the greedy man. I'm glad they knack am serious akpako, after 8 years you still want to continue another 8 years using your son inlaw as a proxy tongue
Bro, I don tire for Nigeria patapata. I need someone to show me where to shop for USA/Canada visa. tongue

TonyeBarcanista:

Lols na there Okorocha wan go as dem don knack am akpako for Imo?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Bethel4Life(f): 6:44am On May 16, 2018
ManirBK:
Is Looter Jonathan death, Why another aspirant?
with due respect sir, ur engrish can make a person ejaculate without even knowing

9 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:46am On May 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Funny!

Markaffi cannot slug it out with PMB cool. Deep down in your heart you know this, but surely i understand grin

17 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:54am On May 16, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Markaffi cannot slug it out with PMB cool. Deep down in your heart you know this, but surely i understand grin
I am sick and tired of repeating same lines.

Atiku CANNOT win PDP ticket and Makarfi will defeat Buhari by landslide even in Northwest save Kano.

Atiku's case is non-issue to us, we are only awaiting the official declaration of the incoming president. The day he declares will be the final nail on Atiku's presidential campaign coffin.

Politics is about structure not noise... Learn from Ekiti!

Oni and Ojodu made most noise but Fayemi, was the last to formally declare and won because he had the APC structure intact. You can't come from nowhere and expect to upstage one that led the group and placed his men in key positions before exiting the stage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:54am On May 16, 2018
madridguy:
grin grin grin Okorocha the greedy man. I'm glad they knack am serious akpako, after 8 years you still want to continue another 8 years using your son inlaw as a proxy tongue
Bro, I don tire for Nigeria patapata. I need someone to show me where to shop for USA/Canada visa. tongue

See as your Buhari don make Naija tire you... Shame

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Nobody: 6:56am On May 16, 2018
Bethel4Life:
with due respect sir, ur engrish can make a person ejaculate without even knowing

He maybe the reason for the fifa commentation in hausa... longman de learn where that guy dey.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Maket: 6:56am On May 16, 2018
When they shop, they will not get the best. I advice them to go to the nearest supermarket. Our eyes are open looking for credible candidates to vote in and not the party. Both PDP and APC should collect MARKET SLAP.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:00am On May 16, 2018
igbodefender:
We know it is Governor Dankwabo that is being reffered to. Dankwabo is a good guy from what we have seen so far. But the strategic objective of our times is achieving Igbo Presidency in 2023.

How does that seat with Dankwabo? If Dankwabo wins a first term in 2019, by 2023, his supporters will pressure him to run for a second term, whether he likes it or not.

Buhari is running for a second term. By 2023 he would be done. The North would have server 8 years. It would be the turn of the Igbos to produce the president. 2023 is a spiritual date as far as Ndigbo are concerned. It is the date the Igbos will symbolically return to feeling a full sense of belonging as Nigerians.[b]lgbos are not in a hurry. We can wait

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency 2023.

PS: My friend TonyeBarcanister, sorry I have to mention you here, but since you are a very popular Nairalander in PDP, many will want to know your reaction to this news.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by omowolewa: 7:01am On May 16, 2018
Congratulations to Sokoto people
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:03am On May 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Atiku CANNOT win PDP ticket and Makarfi will defeat Buhari by landslide even in Northwest save Kano.

Atiku's case is non-issue to us, we are only awaiting the official declaration of the incoming president. The day he declares will be the final nail on Atiku's presidential campaign coffin.

Oni and Ojodu made most noise but Fayemi, was the last to formally declare and won because he had the APC structure intact. You can't come from nowhere and expect to upstage one that led the group and placed his men in key positions before exiting the stage.

Markaffi will defeat Buhari here in the North? grin grin

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by Bethel4Life(f): 7:05am On May 16, 2018
Esseite:

He maybe the reason for the fifa commentation in hausa... longman de learn where that guy dey.
u dont need mathematics to know wich region most of them are from.even jamb confirmed that because of him and his likes, they are reducing this years jamb score to 80..no wonder they are known as I.P.O.B(uhari). wat did i even know..let me run before they come after me

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by madridguy(m): 7:14am On May 16, 2018
Since the era of Sanni abacha I don tire.

TonyeBarcanista:

See as your Buhari don make Naija tire you... Shame
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:15am On May 16, 2018
madridguy:
Since the era of Sanni abacha I don tire.

How old were you during Abacha era? undecided
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by madridguy(m): 7:17am On May 16, 2018
Was in primary school then.

TonyeBarcanista:
How old were you during Abacha era? undecided
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by tuniski: 7:24am On May 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Eyah had it been you are steadfast. Makarfi is very likely not to run sef. Atiku Is the man you hear!
Even Ekiti Primaries of the PDP is a pointer to atiku's candidacy. Stop looking at APC for mojo!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by MrJanuzaj: 7:32am On May 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

So Markarfi that was humbled with a damaging defeat in his ward last Saturday will compete with PMB?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by KenOne: 7:35am On May 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Makarfi lost in his local government in just concluded Kaduna local government election. If Makarfi could not defeat El Rufai is it Buhari he'll defeat any way local government election is not always credible let me not judge him with that. But i believe you were dreaming when you said Makarfi will defeat Buhari in the North, North-West in particular wake up man the (TKO) Technical Knock Out that awaits your man Makarfi and Atiku is still consulting OBATALA, AMADIOHA, OGUN to know when to strike.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by OritaIbadan: 7:36am On May 16, 2018
madridguy:
Was in primary school then.

No wonder

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Shops For Serving Governor (dailytrust) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On May 16, 2018
Hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Bello Mutawalle Suspends Emir, District Head Over Banditry / Ohaneze: Sponsors Of Suit To Expel Igbos From Nigeria Should Face Treason Trial / Invasion: Nigeria, 140 Others Vote Against Russia, Ukraine To Get $5.2bn Lifelin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.