Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu (10515 Views)

Buhari’s Government Has Recovered N1 Trillion Looted Funds – APC Leaders / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund / EFCC Has Arrested Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's Lawyer — Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by wolexter(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2018
Very well done and wishing you more grace sir.

Clearly, even within Nigeria has more enemies wishing her downfall than patriots wishing it well. For how can a good citizen not appreciate that our looted funds have been and are being recovered?

Oga Magu jeun lo joor.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Nobody: 10:50am On May 16, 2018
lexy2014:
I guess its part of d money buhari was counting. That's d worst PR have ever seen, buhari counting dollars at efcc office. What they are saying is that efcc keeps "recovered monies" at its office instead of cbn hence it doesn't get into govts account books. From efcc, it enters voice mail
oga some of these things are just ceremonial. Besides wouldnt you think efcc would have vaults in their office where recovered monies are kept before being transferred to wherever. Everything you people must criticize

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Nobody: 10:51am On May 16, 2018
���
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Nobody: 10:52am On May 16, 2018
and it has been RELOOTED by your klepto boss and cohorts!
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by goaldynman(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2018
Name one high profile conviction! Or is only common man that stole pepper or garri that you can convict?!!
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by raphaeladeyele: 11:09am On May 16, 2018
welldone

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by cakanihu(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2018
10Ebisco:
The Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has said that the country has recovered N500 billion and secured 486 convictions since he took over in November 2015 till date.

He made this known at the commissioning of the commission’s new head office in Abuja on Tuesday.

“In 2018 alone, we have secured 89 convictions. Thus so far, we have secured 486 convictions from November 2015 till date. We have recovered funds in different currencies and, so far, we have recovered more than N500 billion.

“The recoveries meant for the Federal Government are duly remitted to its account while recoveries for individuals and private institutions are equally paid to them in accordance with the law.

“We are also making strides as it relates to the prosecution of high-profile cases. For instance, for the first time in the history of Nigeria, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria was convicted in a case prosecuted by the EFCC.

“I, therefore, again, restate the commitment of the Commission to the fight against corruption.

“We do not go after innocent citizens, we go after those who have stolen and arrogated same to themselves, like President Buhari has said.”

Dignitaries at the event included President Muhammadu Buhari, Speaker of the House Representtives, Yakubu Dogara, and Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Patricia Scotland.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/efcc-has-recovered-n500bn-secured-486.html
yes we know and u spent half of it on ur stupid building. what a mess
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by lexy2014: 11:17am On May 16, 2018
silastemplar:
oge some of these things are just ceremonial. Besides wouldnt you think efcc would have vaults in their office where recovered monies are kept before being transferred to wherever. Everything you people must criticize
y wont i criticise? Is it not my country? what is d significance of buhari counting dollars at efcc HQ?
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Nobody: 11:24am On May 16, 2018
lexy2014:
y wont i criticise? Is it not my country? what is d significance of buhari counting dollars at efcc HQ?
i dont think you understood my comment. read it again
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Omooba77: 11:25am On May 16, 2018
10Ebisco:
The Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has said that the country has recovered N500 billion and secured 486 convictions since he took over in November 2015 till date.

He made this known at the commissioning of the commission’s new head office in Abuja on Tuesday.

“In 2018 alone, we have secured 89 convictions. Thus so far, we have secured 486 convictions from November 2015 till date. We have recovered funds in different currencies and, so far, we have recovered more than N500 billion.

“The recoveries meant for the Federal Government are duly remitted to its account while recoveries for individuals and private institutions are equally paid to them in accordance with the law.

“We are also making strides as it relates to the prosecution of high-profile cases. For instance, for the first time in the history of Nigeria, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria was convicted in a case prosecuted by the EFCC.

“I, therefore, again, restate the commitment of the Commission to the fight against corruption.

“We do not go after innocent citizens, we go after those who have stolen and arrogated same to themselves, like President Buhari has said.”

Dignitaries at the event included President Muhammadu Buhari, Speaker of the House Representtives, Yakubu Dogara, and Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Patricia Scotland.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/efcc-has-recovered-n500bn-secured-486.html

Please who is lieing?

we have recovered trillions, Buhari

http://punchng.com/weve-recovered-stolen-trillions-of-naira-buhari-boasts/amp/
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by riches4me(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2018
When they said "corruption will fight back". I never knew it would be to this extent. The situation in which Nigeria is right now is like casting out a legion of demons from a possessed person. The demons will struggle, fight, boast do all sorts. If we miss the exorcism now it might be our last chance.
By the way, you know if you know.
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by lexy2014: 11:50am On May 16, 2018
silastemplar:
i dont think you understood my comment. read it again
I understood it that's y I gave u d response I did
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by lexy2014: 11:51am On May 16, 2018
riches4me:
When they said "corruption will fight back". I never knew it would be to this extent. The situation in which Nigeria is right now is like casting out a legion of demons from a possessed person. The demons will struggle, fight, boast do all sorts. If we miss the exorcism now it might be our last chance.
By the way, you know if you know.
which corruption is fighting back?
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Nobody: 11:51am On May 16, 2018
lexy2014:
what is the significance of tape cutting when structures are launched, or a governor taking a glass of water when a water project is commissioned, or the significance of GEJ dancing shoki at a PDP rally. Its all ceremonial. No big deal
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by lexy2014: 11:54am On May 16, 2018
silastemplar:
what is the significance of tape cutting when structures are launched, or a governor taking a glass of water when a water project is commissioned, or the significance of GEJ dancing shoki at a PDP rally. Its all ceremonial. No big deal
so its recovered money buhari went 2 commission?
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 16, 2018
lexy2014:
so its recovered money buhari went 2 commission?
are u intentionally being daft or what? is it the tape or glass of water that people go to commission?
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by sexdoll: 12:24pm On May 16, 2018
wehdone sir!!!

let them know that stealing is corruption!!!
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Aroyehunkayode: 12:43pm On May 16, 2018
Good work from the efcc, more money is coming,am sure those looters are running around now looking to refund their stolen portion

1 Like

Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by lexy2014: 4:54pm On May 16, 2018
silastemplar:
are u intentionally being daft or what? is it the tape or glass of water that people go to commission?
u are already spilling ur emotions without let over a simple matter that won't add ur bottom line. There are a million and one ways 2 express urself without being insultive. When someone starts talking d way u do one thing is 4 sure, u have run out of things 2 say.

Back 2d matter, have u ever seen them counting money at d commissioning of any bank in Nigeria or around d world? So what's d significance of counting money at d commissioning of efcc HQ ?
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Turantula(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2018
Buhari is a corrupt terrorist
Re: EFCC Has Recovered N500bn, Secured 486 Convictions Under Me – Magu by Franking: 5:57pm On May 16, 2018
Governors and ministers are the biggest looters, how many of them have been convicted? When u harrass our hard working yahoo boys that actually collect from overseas and bring back home u beat ur chest. Wrong priority. Face politicians, public servants, the police, etc and then come and drag.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Yet To Reconvene FEC 44 Days After Inaugural Meeting / Anxiety As Tinubu, Atiku, Obi Resume Battle At Supreme Court / How Boko Haram Started – Gov Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.