Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback (3211 Views)

Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / Nff Confirms N2,500 As Gate Fee In Forth-coming Match Nig Vs Argentina / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by migareigns(m): 11:29am On May 24, 2010
Eagles gaffer, Lars Lagerback, said moments after their send forth party that he was tired of the many questions and apprehensions about Argentina, one of their group opponents they play on June 12.

“Why is everybody talking about Argentina or Messi?”, he asked in an unfriendly tone. “They (Argentina) should be afraid of the Eagles. They should be afraid that I am coming with the Eagles to play against them. They are under pressure and jittery,  not us”, the Swede said.

He informed that he beat Argentina during Korea/Japan 1-0 and also beat Eagles 2-1 in the World Cup.

“I am in a better position to know the teams and their players. They should worry about me and Eagles. There is no doubt that they have very quality players just like the Eagles. You have good players but it appears you don’t believe in them. Not to worry. I have a team and I am not bothered about Argentina or any team. They should be the ones to worry about the Eagles”, Lagerback emphasised

Nigeria is in the same group with the South American powerhouse, including Korea and Greece.

[url]http://www.gistboard.com/content/argentina-should-worry-about-us-%E2%80%93-lagerback[/url]
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Johnnny(m): 12:06pm On May 24, 2010
I like that positive approach to the game, Coach.

its going to be 11 against 11. I support you jare, do your best for the Super Eagles.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by montelik(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2010
I wanted diss Lagerback for raising expectations with such talk, but seriously this is what he should be saying in public. The truth is that if Argentina play anywhere near their best, we have no chance. But the coach has to exude confidence and try to take the pressure of players, so that if Argentina should falter we are confident enough to capitalize.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Iyineda(m): 12:24pm On May 24, 2010
migareigns:

He informed that he beat Argentina during Korea/Japan 1-0 and also beat Eagles 2-1 in the World Cup.

Well if he really said this then it means he is having an issue of selective amnesia. The match between Sweden and Argentina ended 1-1; Svensson scored on a free-kick then Crespo equalized after the rebound of Ortega's missed penalty kick.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by candylips(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2010
this guy get mouth o
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by segzytemi(m): 12:57pm On May 24, 2010
Motivation and selfless playing are all we need to excel in SA, The player should believe in themselves and we will suprise arg boys.nothing do us
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Olaolufred(m): 1:45pm On May 24, 2010
If i were Largerback, I will be positive.
No one should expect this man to talk negative. He is not boasting, but saying the posibilty.
The Three posibilities are: Nigeria wins, or Argies win, or play a draw.
To be sooo -ve to the level of not seeing more than one option is bad.
People who sees only an Argies win may be shocked with the other two posibilities.
Largerback, I am in support of your courage.
If you listen to the acutely -ve folks on NL, you will not even attempt raising a Team.
Negativism is next to Failure"ism".
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by azeeza(f): 3:46pm On May 24, 2010
@ Olaolufred

you've said it all,why don't we judge him with the warm up matches b4 WC,at least we will see his capabilities and weaknesses.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by deb(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2010
Its good that the coach exudes confidence so that it can also impact on players' confidence.
Its all part of psychologically preparing your players for the task ahead not allowing negative comments
from the public affect them. thumbs up Largs.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 24, 2010
If we do not give Argentina a run for their money it will simply be because our players did not turn up. Yes Argentina has big names but the Argentine team is simply unbalanced.

I don't know how Argentina Vs Nigeria will turn out but if Maradona does well in this world cup without the effective Estaban Cambiasso and Juan Riquelme; he would have performed the next wonder of the world.

Argentina will simply come short in this world cup. Those are my views.

Meanwhile our current Bulk of Players have played against Messi twice in crucial world events, on those two occassions even though Messi played a role in winning the match he was largely kept silent in most of the match.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by cold(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2010
It's true we may be scared of the Argentines but they are equally scared of us,it's a Balance of Terror
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by femmy2010(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2010
Football is played on and off the field.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by BizBooks(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2010
Let's hope that Maradona continues in his mis-steps and field an incoherent team. He has shown that he has the capacity to do that by dropping Zanetti and Cambiasso and selecting Sebastian Veron.

It would have been wonderful if he had carried out his plan of dropping Milito for a local Boca striker. As it turned out, he changed his mind at the last minute or was forced to do so.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by NET1(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2010
The fear of MESSI, MILLITO, ARGEURO etc ,  grin grin
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by femmy2010(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2010
Our un-heralded Osaze,ik uche,Obasi,adeleya and Martins*if fit(would surprise the world.
Watch out
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by petres007(m): 7:50pm On May 24, 2010
the man with the large back seems to also have a large mouth o! grin

Anyway, I wish eagles/naija all the best sha
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by hbrednic: 8:37pm On May 24, 2010
talk is cheap tongue
i am yet to see the quality players in the eagles camp,
abeg where is my goggles cool maybe something is wrong with my eyes grin
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by hbrednic: 8:48pm On May 24, 2010
BizBooks:

Let's hope that Maradona continues in his mis-steps and field an incoherent team. He has shown that he has the capacity to do that by dropping Zanetti and Cambiasso and selecting Sebastian Veron.

It would have been wonderful if he had carried out his plan of dropping Milito for a local Boca striker. As it turned out, he changed his mind at the last minute or was forced to do so.

Palermo was never choosen to play agaisnt the eagles,Huguain has always been they prefered one for the job, because he strikes with both legs.
so Biz there is nothing like changing his mind.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by oyebanji(m): 9:00pm On May 24, 2010
In as much as I respect Argentina, I think they are going to have problems technically because their coach is not technically superior.

World cup is more than individual skills, it will boil down to technical;ities and I think Lagerback is not bad.

I like his attitude.

We might eventually have a good outing.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by abdulram: 11:02pm On May 24, 2010
Men, eagles are in trouble. milito against yobo. na 4-0 argentina go boo us. lol
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by mrofficial(m): 11:21pm On May 24, 2010
We will beat Argentina.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by ndgfx(m): 12:46am On May 25, 2010
All i know is that after 90 minutes, there'll be 11 corpses on the pitch, legs and arms scatterd everywhere, the ref will be knee dip in blood and gore, oh the Horror,

I mean, We are going against an assassination squad,
All i see is despair, not a match i want to watch
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Krayola(m): 1:14am On May 25, 2010
Up lagerback.Up eagles. Up Naija.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by PurestBoy(m): 5:05am On May 25, 2010
I already lost hope in this yeye eagles. I just pray Argentine should make the scoreline respectable.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by 190: 6:21am On May 25, 2010
9ja shud beat egypt 1st b4 tinkin of beatin argentina
u saw what they did 2 canada yesterday rite~
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by favouredjb(f): 7:35am On May 25, 2010
Am with the super eagles all teh way,i love lager's confidence
and its going to take us places

up naija
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Olaolufred(m): 8:00am On May 25, 2010
talk is cheap
i am yet to see the quality players in the eagles camp,
abeg where is my goggles maybe something is wrong with my eyes

@hbrednic

I think something is really wrong with it.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by Olaolufred(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2010
9ja shud beat egypt 1st b4 tinkin of beatin argentina
u saw what they did 2 canada yesterday rite~

@ 190.

We don't need playing Egypt. Cos we are not preparing for CAF cup.

Mind you, same Egypt did not qualify because Algeria beat them 1-0 in Cairo.

The same Algeria lost the 3rd place match to Nigeria in CAF nation's cup.

We play North Korea for south korea, Colombia for Argentina.

If we play Canada, we will also perform.

Don't proof what is not.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by otokx(m): 8:19am On May 25, 2010
Though football is not a game of mathematics; there are some undeniable proofs. Argentina on paper are one of the strongest teams in the world and not just the world cup. Nigeria on the other hand are one of the most mysterious and quite unserious so Laz should start work fast. He should make his words sweet because he is going to eat every one of them.
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2010
guys don't get me jittery and expectant, the World Cup is only weeks away. let us wait and see the Miracle of Ages that the Super Eagles will manifest for the day of reckoning is at hand.

As typical of our valiant SE, we have once again decided to play "weak" friendly matches that do not bring us close to the reality we will be meeting on the field of play. http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=174083

He may be reacting wildly so he is not nervous but the cards are well stacked against Nigeria.

We shall see on that day grin
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by BABAYD: 8:35am On May 25, 2010
Nija boys are never work overs if they put their mind to it.however the fear of argentina is the beginnig of failure
Re: Argentina Should Worry About Us – Lagerback by rapstar: 9:07am On May 25, 2010
i believe that the eagles will surprise the unbelivers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roman Abramivich With Young Tammy Abraham And Luftus Cheek Photo / 19 Years Old Super Eagles Goal Keeper Celebrates His Son 17 Year Old Birthday / Spain Honour Iniesta With Naked Statue For 2010 World Cup Winning Goal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.