Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,210 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

A National Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A National Revolution (1084 Views)

Adoption Of ‘old’ National Anthem Marks Start Of Nigeria’s Revolution – Akpabio / Imam Who Sheltered People In Plateau Killings To Get A National Honor / Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A National Revolution by AmunaNo1: 3:25pm On May 16, 2018
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
-George Orwell.

Look I’m going to go straight to the point, recent events have proven to me that there is no time to waste, no time to analyze fruitless statistics or engage in useless banter. Our Country, culture and way of life is on the chopping block and if we don’t act now we have no future.

Certain forces have continued to influence our country since its inception. These forces are responsible for the bloody coups, the outrageous corruption in government, the failing economy, widespread poverty and the stagnation we have experienced since 1960.

Our Broken Society

“Government is merely a reflection of the collective will of the people”
-Anonymous

For as long as I can remember I have heard people moan, complain and lament about the sorry state of the country, they blame government, colonialists, sectarianism and every other conceivable thing on the earth, they blame everyone but themselves. Over the years, I have come to realize something, most so called “adults” are no more than children in larger bodies, they exhibit a key attribute unique to children, they don’t take responsibility for their actions. If we subject our unfortunate situation to scrutiny we observe that our leaders and politicians did not fall from the sky, they are not foreigners neither were they raised in a vacuum, like the rest of us they are a product of the society. Therein lies the problem and the inherent solution.

Our society is broken, it is damaged, it bleeding and crying out for help, we can all agree on these facts, but who makes up the society? It is you and I. The power to transform our lives, to redirect the energy of the nation, to change our fate rests in our own hands. Unfortunately, personality quirks like self-centeredness and nepotistic tendencies continue to plague our country. That is why public parks quickly become dumpsites, infrastructure projects remain incomplete, high IQ individuals go abroad for a better life, and small business prospects remain bleak. A drop of water by itself may seem insignificant but a multitude of drops may form an ocean. We must look within and make the changes we wish to see in ourselves, together we are invincible, without this step we have no right to complain or expect any significant change. The national revolution must first be preceded by an individual heart-based revolution, a revolution of consciousness so to speak. It is imperative we re-orient ourselves and the younger generation, we must educate them on a proper way of life, we must strive to uphold basic ideals like honesty, integrity and compassion as these principles form the basis for civilization, without them we are nothing more than animals.

The Scourge of Religion

“Religion is the opium of the people”
-Karl Marx

Religion is a tool for social control and regulation and religious fanatics and adherents are its victims. Millions of Nigerians continue to sacrifice intellect on the alter of conformity and groupthink. They give their power to a group of conmen who claim to be the bridge between God and man and as such they become weak and easily controlled. These men, because of their self-centered nature and greed weaponize thousand-year-old books for their own benefit.

Every new year, I come across the same posters with a little change, 2016 My year of everlasting glory, 2017 my year of breakthrough, 2018 my year of “inset blessings here” I wonder if these people will continue to do this to themselves or open their eyes to see truth, that there are immovable, indelible principles that govern life on earth. In science, there is something called cause and effect, certain actions will always lead to certain consequences regardless of religious orientation. If you want to grow a plant you plant the seed, likewise if you want to get rich you apply yourself, work at it and you will be. No need for endless prayers. Take responsibility, reclaim your destiny, do not give your power to conmen and sky daddies.

Conclusion

We are now at a precipice, a tipping point, the revolution is coming the nature of which is yet to be decided, it may be chaotic, it may be silent and peaceful the choice of course is yours to make. We are now at the cusp of the 2019 elections. Do not be deceived by liars and career criminals that disguise themselves as sheep, do not sell your destiny, your future for money worth less that the paper it’s printed on. Do not be swindled by the charade, there is no political solution to Nigeria’s problems. The answer as always lies with you. Before you drop that piece of trash by the roadside, think, how does this affect the collective, before you take that bribe, think about the future cost you incur on your children and may be just maybe together we can all MAKE NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN.

https://steemit.com/life/@manofmiracles/a-national-revolution
Re: A National Revolution by gidgiddy: 6:35pm On May 16, 2018
The answer as always lies with you. Before you drop that piece of trash by the roadside, think, how does this affect the collective, before you take that bribe, think about the future cost you incur on your children and may be just maybe together we can all MAKE NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN

People who talk like the above are dreamers who have refused to face reality. Make Nigeria great again? Why? Why would I want to make this great colonial mistake of 1914 great? An evil entity that cost over 3 million souls of my people and is still a resounding failure.

I want the freedom of my people, I'm not interested in making the burning house of Lord Lugard great.

1 Like

Re: A National Revolution by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 16, 2018
BREAK IT UP. Nigeria has caused enough misery.
Re: A National Revolution by dignity33: 6:44pm On May 16, 2018
The problem with Nigeria is tribalism if not why will Nigeria be agitating on which tribe the president come from , Awolowo who brought tribalism in Nigeria politics destroy one Nigeria, travel to somewhere like South Africa you will found out that many don't know the tribe of there president what every citizen want is who will lead them well and if you ask me I will said that igbos are the most detribalise Nigeria that is why the tribal politics play in this country affect them most an average Igbo person want good governance to all Nigeria or Biafra not on what tribe a president come from.
Re: A National Revolution by AmunaNo1: 8:29pm On May 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

People who talk like the above are dreamers who have refused to face reality. Make Nigeria great again? Why? Why would I want to make this great colonial mistake of 1914 great? An evil entity that cost over 3 million souls of my people and is still a resounding failure.

I want the freedom of my people, I'm not interested in making the burning house of Lord Lugard great.

It is we dreamers who will create(dream up) the new world, a paradise where realists like you can live in peace and happiness. Nigeria is certainly an artificial creation, it might be evil or even a mistake as you have called it but the truth is that we, each and every one of us are individual units that make up Nigeria, we can change it. if it is a mistake we can make it a blessing, if it is evil we can make it good. The 3 million lives lost cannot be for naught, their sacrifice has become a seed that is yet to bloom the most beautiful forest you have ever seen. We as a people can only remain competitive on the global stage within the framework of one Nigeria. Now i know how that sounds but you must realize there are several forms a "One Nigeria" can take.
Re: A National Revolution by AmunaNo1: 8:33pm On May 16, 2018
dignity33:
The problem with Nigeria is tribalism if not why will Nigeria be agitating on which tribe the president come from , Awolowo who brought tribalism in Nigeria politics destroy one Nigeria, travel to somewhere like South Africa you will found out that many don't know the tribe of there president what every citizen want is who will lead them well and if you ask me I will said that igbos are the most detribalise Nigeria that is why the tribal politics play in this country affect them most an average Igbo person want good governance to all Nigeria or Biafra not on what tribe a president come from.

A more efficient political system, one that accounts for the diversity of the populace combined with quality education will eventually solve this problem.
Re: A National Revolution by gidgiddy: 9:55pm On May 16, 2018
AmunaNo1:

It is we dreamers who will create(dream up) the new world, a paradise where realists like you can live in peace and happiness. Nigeria is certainly an artificial creation, it might be evil or even a mistake as you have called it but the truth is that we, each and every one of us are individual units that make up Nigeria, we can change it. if it is a mistake we can make it a blessing, if it is evil we can make it good. The 3 million lives lost cannot be for naught, their sacrifice has become a seed that is yet to bloom the most beautiful forest you have ever seen. We as a people can only remain competitive on the global stage within the framework of one Nigeria. Now i know how that sounds but you must realize there are several forms a "One Nigeria" can take.

How laughable. Let me tell you something you may not know. Before any union can work, there must be a unifying factor, there must be a common value system, there must be common sense of purpose. To bring people with different traditions, different outlook on life, different norms and traditions is an invitation to disaster. The people who should form a country are people who have a lot in common, those who are compatible, those who reason alike. The Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa-Fulani man have nothing in common and they don't see each other as brothers. All we have in common is that a British man called Lugard came in 1914 to say we are "Nigerians". What have we achieved since Lugard went back to Britain? We fought, killed each other in the millions, ran a country where nothing works.

So why are we together? Chasing a Nigerian dream that has never materialised in over 100 years? Nigeria was just the colonial experiment of the white man and it is time to admit that it has long failed so that those that have unity of purpose can go and form their own country and develop themselves how best they know.
Re: A National Revolution by AmunaNo1: 10:10pm On May 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

How laughable. Let me tell you something you may not know. Before any union can work, there must be a unifying factor, there must be a common value system, there must be common sense of purpose. To bring people with different traditions, different outlook on life, different norms and traditions is an invitation to disaster. The people who should form a country are people who have a lot in common, those who are compatible, those who reason alike. The Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa-Fulani man have nothing in common and they don't see each other as brothers. All we have in common is that a British man called Lugard came in 1914 to say we are "Nigerians". What have we achieved since Lugard went back to Britain? We fought, killed each other in the millions, ran a country where nothing works.

So why are we together? Chasing a Nigerian dream that has never materialised in over 100 years? Nigeria was just the colonial experiment of the white man and it is time to admit that it has long failed so that those that have unity of purpose can go and form their own country and develop themselves how best they know.

You are right the current system has failed. It is time to create a new one, one that accounts for the diversity of the Nigerian people. It is time to think outside the box. We can make this work trust me. Throw of your cynicism and do some intellectual work. it is definitely easier to take the path of least resistance and throw in the towel but no good thing comes easy. With regards to you comment about a common purpose. We do have one, We all have a common desire to survive and that is enough to foster cooperation. if we do not do this we have no future, We are being left behind as a nation and as a continent, if we do not put aside our differences and work together now, we will surely regret it.
Re: A National Revolution by gidgiddy: 10:50pm On May 16, 2018
AmunaNo1:

You are right the current system has failed. It is time to create a new one, one that accounts for the diversity of the Nigerian people. It is time to think outside the box. We can make this work trust me. Throw of your cynicism and do some intellectual work. it is definitely easier to take the path of least resistance and throw in the towel but no good thing comes easy. With regards to you comment about a common purpose. We do have one, We all have a common desire to survive and that is enough to foster cooperation. if we do not do this we have no future, We are being left behind as a nation and as a continent, if we do not put aside our differences and work together now, we will surely regret it.

We were all surviving for hundreds of years before the creation of Nigeria, we shall continue surviving if there is no Nigeria. Changing the system in Nigeria is not possible, the current system benefits the core North and they have vowed by their blood that it it will never be changed unless by war. They also have enough legislative power to prevent Nigeria being restructured.

Even if the Nigerian system is changed and Nigeria becomes a great country that works, it still changes little.

Britain is the 5th richest country in the world. But despite this, Scotland still wanted to go leave and they had an independence referendum in 2014. They arwme currently planning another referendum. Scotland is in a working system and has been part of Britain for over 300 years, yet they still want to go.

So wether Nigeria works or not is not even the issue.

The real issue is if everyone wants to be part of Nigeria.
Re: A National Revolution by AmunaNo1: 11:00pm On May 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

We were all surviving for hundreds of years before the creation of Nigeria, we shall continue surviving if there is no Nigeria. Changing the system in Nigeria is not possible, the current system benefits the core North and they have vowed by their blood that it it will never be changed unless by war. They also have enough legislative power to prevent Nigeria being restructured.

Even if the Nigerian system is changed and Nigeria becomes a great country that works, it still changes little.

Britain is the 5th richest country in the world. But despite this, Scotland still wanted to go leave and they had an independence referendum in 2014. They arwme currently planning another referendum. Scotland is in a working system and has been part of Britain for over 300 years, yet they still want to go.

So wether Nigeria works or not is not even the issue.

The real issue is if everyone wants to be part of Nigeria.

Nothing is impossible. We will get it done. Their system is equally flawed. It favors the English at the expense of the others.

(1) (Reply)

#lokojakotodecides: APC Sharing Salt,onions & Maggi In A Customized Bags (photo) / The Igbo’s In Nigeria And Their Untold Stories Starting From Kano 1945. / 2.5 Billion. See What Nigerians Are Saying About The First Lady On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.