Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) (2827 Views)

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Children Riding A Ferris Wheel Stuck After NEPA Struck In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2018
The world's largest spokeless Ferris Wheel officially opened to the public today.

The £17.4 million futuristic structure in eastern China comes with 36 carts, each of which is able to carry eight to 10 passengers and equipped with Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and a TV set.

Standing 145 metres (475 feet) tall with a completely hollow centre, the incredible attraction is 10 metres (32 feet) taller than the iconic, cantilevered 'London Eye' in the British capital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5735205/Worlds-largest-spokeless-Ferris-Wheel-opens-China.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:08pm On May 16, 2018
Some 4,600 tonnes of steel were used in the construction of the wheel, which cost 150 million yuan (£17.4 million) to build.

Each of its 36 carts can carry up to 10 people and offers an unparalleled view of the Bailang River.

A typical ride on the extraordinary attraction takes about 30 minutes. All tourists will be offered an unparalleled view of the Bailang River in Weifang, Shandong Province.

Some 4,600 tonnes of steel were used in the building of the Ferris wheel, which will take half an hour to complete one rotation plenty of time for tourists to snap up some amazing photos.

Its rim is connected to the hub by 112 cable.

The extraordinary Ferris Wheel has 36 carts and each of them is equipped with Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and a TV set.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Drniyi4u(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2018
Always China wink

1 Like

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by madridguy(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2018
Wow
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by BruncleZuma: 9:11pm On May 16, 2018
Nice...
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by qreem231(m): 9:12pm On May 16, 2018
cool
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by EzendiEgo1: 9:18pm On May 16, 2018
God bless their Government

But
Why can't Nigeria Government invest in such thing for tourist attraction?

That #10B they approved for rebuilding of affected communities in Benue state would've gone a way in constructing of Ferri wheel In Nigeria.

I doubt if this people knows how much this Ferri wheel will generate under a year if invested on.

3 Likes

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by kachi19: 9:19pm On May 16, 2018
You expect an African man to enter that? grin

8 Likes

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by kenevision(m): 9:30pm On May 16, 2018
China, a clear example of a nation determined to set the standards...

That could have been Nigeria, but . . .

3 Likes

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 16, 2018
impressive cool
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by ddooskie(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2018
kenevision:
China, a clear example of a nation determined to set the standards...

That could have been Nigeria, but . . .
our leaders are myopic and self-centered.

2 Likes

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Reediano(m): 12:05am On May 17, 2018
kachi19:
You expect an African man to enter that? grin
. hahahaha cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by OneTeslim(m): 12:06am On May 17, 2018
shocked shocked

Even the one with spoke, how many do we have? grin undecided

5 Likes

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by ayatt(m): 4:56am On May 17, 2018
its explorers

One of the few people that make me love nairaland.

1 Like

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by vincentjk(m): 5:35am On May 17, 2018
This damn large

1 Like

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by vincentjk(m): 5:35am On May 17, 2018
This is damn large
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Bantino(m): 5:58am On May 17, 2018
Wonderful
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by tk4rd: 6:52am On May 17, 2018
IT'S STILL CHINKOH..
MADE IN CHINA
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by chukxie(m): 7:42am On May 17, 2018
Way to go, China - a country that knows how to invest its money wisely. China has a huge population with lots of disposable income to throw around. Shandong being a coastal and beautiful Province; with a teeming population is poised to rake in millions of Yuan from tourists. Nigeria, where art thou?
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Davidcruze(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2018
see country
naija which way
It Exporer again cheesy
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Omooba224: 9:27pm On May 17, 2018
shocked
How I wished� I could exchange my citizenship with any developed country. People's Republic of China boasts of 100000+km railway lines compared to my dear country still battling with 3000+. I normally wonder when I see some ignoramus individuals shouting "Made in China". At least the country has something worthy of showing and selling internationally. Meanwhile, this is a country where her citizens enjoy social security and welfare etc. We too we can be great if we re orientate ourselves about the need to move Nigeria forward.
God bless Nigeria and her citizens. .
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 9:47am On May 23, 2018
Wow
Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by Dottore: 1:53pm On May 23, 2018
I'm not surprised. When u go to Chinese trade fair and see prototypes of technology they display you'd cry all the way down to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: ₦8.5B World's Largest Spokeless Ferris Wheel Opened To The Public In China(Pics) by tck2000(m): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
D

(1) (Reply)

Travelling From Nigeria To Liberia. / Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada / I Need Austria Visa But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.