Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures (26503 Views)

Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative / Bayelsa West: APC Stakeholders Endorse Seriake Dickson / Amosun's Influence In Buhari's Government Worries South-West APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by CSTR1003: 10:26am On May 17, 2018
Firgemachar:

They didn't just visit. They came to beg for forgiveness for not voting him and then beg for appointments.

Shameful!
They came to beg for forgiveness.
An average igbo man with his sense of pride?

Even if for the sake of argument, that were the case : isn't that supposed to be a sign of mature politics?

Will Trump not do anything to get the democrats to beg him for "forgiveness " .?

Btw, does voting against someone according to constitutional rights require forgiveness?
Which village do you hail from with this kind of mentality? You still never answer me.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by benzion72(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:
Awon omoluabi

How I wish southeast is like this

see unity,see mentorship, see maturity

am sad

You will be suprised that PMB will not have 24% vote required in any South west state. But all the 5 South east state will give him 100%.

The south west states cannot stand non performing person like PMB, an ethnic biased president. A religious bigot. An ailing person who rule more from hospital bed than Aso rock.

Tinubu and Baba Akande are on their own. If Tinubu support PMB they will both loose together and don't forget Tinubu has axe to grind for his neglect by Buhari he may choose to loose this election while working with PMB. He has done it before. He lost Lagos to Jonathan in 2011 and heaven did not fall and he went ahead to defeat Jonathan in 2015 so PMB is dealing highly brainy Jagaban I av not seen a single person in Buhari team that can counter asiwaju political sagacity except for Oshiomole but remember Oshio baba is a protege of Tinubu he gave him AC ticket and fought to recover his mandate from PDP
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by CSTR1003: 10:34am On May 17, 2018
QuotaSystem:

What you deserve is the barest minimum as protected by the constitution (e.g ministerial posts, not withholding federal allocation etc).

The emboldened is the reality of partisan politics. Interests must be settled. OBJ withheld Lagos LG allocation for a long time despite being from the region just because it was controlled by an opposition party. Politics is not a tea party, even in the Vatican.

If you were not screaming marginalisation every second using the same bridge as a crying point, nobody would consider it the hallmark of eastern development.
The barest minimum according to whose definition?
Was buhari not elected to set Nigeria on the path of prosperity?

So if significant investment is needed in the south east states like aba and nnewi to activate Nigeria's indigenous manufacturing to improve national industrial base, he would not do it because he has to do just the barest minimum since they didn't vote for him. ?

Does that sound sane to you? Does that sound like a promising government that knows what he is doing?

It seems we have different definitions of a president and his functions as an elected leader.

I have no problem with him giving his lackeys political appointments if he needs to settle them.
But you do not play politics with major projects.

Nigeria is too underdeveloped for that nonsense.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Okoroawusa: 10:38am On May 17, 2018
benzion72:

You will be suprised that PMB will not have 24% vote required in any South west state. But all the 5 South east state will give him 100%.

The south west states cannot stand non performing person like PMB, an ethnic biased president. A religious bigot. An ailing person who rule more from hospital bed than Aso rock.

Tinubu and Baba Akande are on their own. If Tinubu support PMB they will both loose together and don't forget Tinubu has axe to grind for his neglect by Buhari he may choose to loose this election while working with PMB. He has done it before. He lost Lagos to Jonathan in 2011 and heaven did not fall and he went ahead to defeat Jonathan in 2015 so PMB is dealing highly brainy Jagaban I av not seen a single person in Buhari team that can counter asiwaju political sagacity except for Oshiomole but remember Oshio baba is a protege of Tinubu he gave him AC ticket and fought to recover his mandate from PDP
For your mind you don do analysis, abi?

Awon omo mummy po ni Nairaland sha!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by CSTR1003: 10:40am On May 17, 2018
SporaD8:

At the bolded, Read this This is what leads to the present state of PDP being reduced to a regional party.
As SW not having choice, No! They once had a choice with GEJ in 2011, which Bubu also contested remember?

How is PDP a regional party?

Because APC is currently in power?
The same APC that have not yet done their national convention, which PDP has done successfully.

I hope you won't cry of disenfranchisement by the time the regional party regains power.

After -all, they are a regional party.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Okoroawusa: 10:40am On May 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

The barest minimum according to whose definition?
Was buhari not elected to set Nigeria on the path of prosperity?

So if significant investment is needed in the south east states like aba and nnewi to activate Nigeria's indigenous manufacturing to improve national industrial base, he would not do it because he has to do just the barest minimum since they didn't vote for him. ?

Does that sound sane to you? Does that sound like a promising government that knows what he is doing?

It seems we have different definitions of a president and his functions as an elected leader.

I have no problem with him giving his lackeys political appointments if he needs to settle them.
But you do not play politics with major projects.

Nigeria is too underdeveloped for that nonsense.
So is Buhari not doing major projects in south east?
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Bodmas94(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2018
syberplus:
All i see is Group of greedy people concerned and plotting for the betterment of them, themselves and their familes alone...

I can bet that nothing about the welfare of the Nigerian masses was mentioned, not to talk of discussed.

Brother, this is politics... Which is all about interests..... Personal interests at that. We shouldn't get emotional when we developments like this happen. I can bet that all those guys up there did not go that meeting to represent the yoruba people... But their own interests... The same thing applies to leaders of all other ethnic groups...

The MESSAGE is clear... Their interests first before those of the masses.

Disclaimer: This does not however apply to ALL POLITICIANS but QUITE A NUMBER OF THEM.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by CSTR1003: 10:43am On May 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

So is Buhari not doing major projects in south east?
Which major project is buhari doing in the south east apart from disturbing everybody about the second Niger bridge.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Okoroawusa: 10:54am On May 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

Which major project is buhari doing in the south east apart from disturbing everybody about the second Niger bridge.

We are waiting for him to come and campaign there.
Buhari will come to campaign and you will be no where near him

chest beater

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by AreaFada2: 11:04am On May 17, 2018
QuotaSystem:

I think you should take your own advice to think and reflect.

How many out of those 57 years were we ruled (not governed) by jackbooted military soldiers trained to dominate and destroy and not focused on national development?

How many out of the rest were we governed by a drunk kleptomaniac that failed to develop his own village? Despite all these were our biggest national projects (3rd mainland bridge, Kainji Dam, NNPC infrastructure, FCT, national theatre etc.) and monuments not built and developed within these years?

Take your own advice.

And the same jackbooted soldier came back and has ruled for 3 years. Can you show us one classroom he has built from planning to completion?
The "drunk" supervised economic boom, becoming biggest African economy, and your non-drinking kunu sipper who failed as military leader already, spends more time in hospital bed in UK than in 9ja, what has he achieved? grin cheesy

So because they were military leaders, they are no more from the North & SW? Chai! See excuses. grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by CSTR1003: 11:08am On May 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Buhari will come to campaign and you will be no where near him

chest beater
I don't intend to do him anything. I don't care about him that much to do anything foolish.

I only meant that his words will fall on deaf ears.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by 9jaArea: 11:14am On May 17, 2018
Lakeside79:

I .pure Yoruba and I can say PMB is a thief a.semi illiterate buffoon

Only.paid online.thuhs like yourself just around.shouting PMB till 2023

Don't you dare speak for all youruba!!! Not all.of us can sell out.our family for a bowl.of porridge

If you have no self respect don't dare.to allude the same.to the great Yoruba nation

Off point read again
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Firgemachar: 12:09pm On May 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

They came to beg for forgiveness.
An average igbo man with his sense of pride?

Even if for the sake of argument, that were the case : isn't that supposed to be a sign of mature politics?

Will Trump not do anything to get the democrats to beg him for "forgiveness " .?

Btw, does voting against someone according to constitutional rights require forgiveness?
Which village do you hail from with this kind of mentality? You still never answer me.

Igbos decided to vote for GEJ en masse thereby going down with him.

Any reasonable, loyal, selfless, ideological, disciplined and above all respectable person or tribe of persons will first hold their breath, take stock and plan the next line of action.

Everywhere in the world, it's the winner who always extends the hand of friendship and not vice versa.

The Igbos action in 2015 was very pathetic to say the least. Only them displayed that show of shame of all the tribes in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

Not gonna happen, sorry.

Just the same way you voted against Jonathan because he supposedly didn't do anything for you is the same way the east will vote against buhari.

It is not rocket science. It is just basic politics.

The west vote for Jonathan at first then later voted against him. What of the east? They never voted for Buhari at first, voting against him for the second term is nothing new. Their vote are inconsequential.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by CSTR1003: 12:22pm On May 17, 2018
MrHowto:

The west vote for Jonathan at first then later voted against him. What of the east? They never voted for Buhari at first, voting against him for the second term is nothing new. Their vote are inconsequential.
Their votes are inconsequential only if buhari retains every vote he got in 2015.

In case you have forgotten, the difference between Jonathan and buhari was 2 million even with all the child voting in the core north.

If buhari loses the middle belt, he has lost the presidency.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

Their votes are inconsequential only if buhari retains every vote he got in 2015.

In case you have forgotten, the difference between Jonathan and buhari was 2 million even with all the child voting in the core north.

If buhari loses the middle belt, he has lost the presidency.

You should also remember rigging in the south won't take place anymore. Like rivers state giving PDP about 1.4 million is no more. Despite Jonathan presidential power Buhari defeat him, today such power to rig him (Buhari) out is nowhere to be found.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 17, 2018
Mynd44:
Everyone should pray for a friend like Bisi Akande.
shut up
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by opribo(m): 1:10pm On May 17, 2018
You see..

They called it leaders of South West APC not Yoruba leaders. So where is bro Joe Igbokwe who has been singing APC everywhere in those picture. Afterall, as publicity secretary he qualifies as one of the leaders.

Anyway on a lighter note Bubu will lick the butt of Jagabam now just to get him to ensure he comes back in 2019, but I know they will give him the sucker punch.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Jaideyone(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2018
dadavivo:

Jonathan started the project. When the igbos call you people backstabbers it now shows they're right. Google is your friend who started those projects, besides all these we're working is a Fulani gimmick to win second term for their murderer.

Reasonable Yorubas who are not blinded by what their tribe will get over blood spilled all over middle belt. It's been signed already, Buhari will be humiliated come 2019.

E go shock you.

If he like drink N10 Milo and borrow money again to buy form, Nigerians can't be fooled twice.
grow the phuck up!!! right from the time of the subsidy protest the southwest has been at the fore front of the opposition to Jonathan's government. some of you just shout backstabbers all over nairaland like illiterates.

it was obvious the yorubas were against Jonathan sincE 2012 so how did we betray him? voting who I want is now backstabbing abi? you illiterates are angry we voted a northerner but you slaves are getting ready to vote atiku in 2019. atiku is a southern Christian abi?

when the same north stopped Jonathan from being sworn in as president in 2009 yorubas like wole shoyinka and Tunde bakare were the ones that led the protest for him to be sworn in as president!!! Jonathan even won all the states in the southwest in 2011 except pain state. yet we were marginalised. the highest ranking yoruba public official in Jonathan's government was akinwunmi adesina a minister of agriculture!!! the south south and south east that didn't protest to make him president when he was VP got the juicy portfolios. Jonathan himself went on to say ibos are the backbone of his government but he forgot about the effort of the likes of Tunde bakare and wolesoyinka when he was struggling under turaya yaradua's grip!!!

we voted Jonathan in 2011 but see how your ss/se people treated us just a few months later

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

see the kind of hate your people expressed against us. yet you were expecting our votes in 2015 again even after we made it known Jonathan will fail?

ibos are very myopic.

what did the same Jonathan do to deserve your vote in 2015? mention one road he constructed in the south east. what happened to your Niger bridge? how about port Harcourt-owerri road? what of ikot ekpene-umuhaia road? how about calabar itu road? these are roads I used between 2012 and 2016 on several occasions. Jonathan didn't touch them!!!

what about us in the south west? did 6yrs and the progress on Lagos Ibadan expressway was less than 10%. how about lagos-abeokuta road? what did Jonathan do for us to deserve our vote?

you better be ready to kill yourself in 2019 cos we will vote buhari again.

at least lagos-ibadan is 60% completed on 3yrs of buhari. Lagos Ibadan fast rail has started. critical fg buildings that were decaying were handed over to LASG and they will boost state IGR on the long run. sukuk bond was also utilised to fix pat if oyo-ogbomoso expressway. the FG under buhari has given dangote an enabling environment to build a refinery and seaport that will create over 100,000 jobs in ibejulekki.

we will vote buhari in 2019. be ready to jump off the Niger bridge!!!

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Jaideyone(m): 1:44pm On May 17, 2018
CSTR1003:

No, development are not mere presidential dividends to be handed at the pleasure of the president.
Because Nigeria is not a group of autonomous regions.

In Nigeria currently, Development in a region is linked to other national developments, unless you agree that your buhari is not here to develop Nigeria but to reward his friends and leave.

Then I can agree with you on that ,while we wait for a real president.

The oil in the oil states certainly belong to their land owners. Ancestral ownership that predates Nigeria.

They reap the environmental consequences of the oil exploration and not Muhammad buhari that is holed up in Abuja.
The oil belongs to them in real terms. The FG is holding it in trust for them.

But the main point is that your buhari is able to use oil revenues from those regions because past presidents spent billions to invest in those region.
Oil did not just start flowing from there. It took massive diplomatic and financial investment from past federal administrations in those regions to create the stable oil revenue streams that your buhari is currently enjoying. Which he now feels he can use to settle those that voted for him.

Continue. History will not be kind to him.
I am certain of that.
really? see your people's opinion here

first go through that thread very well. then come back and argue

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by benzion72(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

For your mind you don do analysis, abi?

Awon omo mummy po ni Nairaland sha!

Why not adduce credible reason, and fault my analysis rather than name calling.
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Dareal90s(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2018
dadavivo:

Jonathan started the project. When the igbos call you people backstabbers it now shows they're right. Google is your friend who started those projects, besides all these we're working is a Fulani gimmick to win second term for their murderer.

Reasonable Yorubas who are not blinded by what their tribe will get over blood spilled all over middle belt. It's been signed already, Buhari will be humiliated come 2019.

E go shock you.

If he like drink N10 Milo and borrow money again to buy form, Nigerians can't be fooled twice.
But why can't Jonathan finish those projects for over 5years he used in office?
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Cross91(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2018
I see Slaves everywhere!!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Jaideyone(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2018
kotv:

the southwest made GEJ president? I see you people are back to your usual chest beating. Carry-on with your delusion
where was the rest of the country when the north was hiding behind the dead yaradua that was brought into the airport in the dark to rule the country? we're was the south south and south east when the likes of wole soyinka, Tunde bakare and the save Nigeria group were protesting to rescue Jonathan from under turaya's skirt and get him sworn in as the president? grin you think the north was ready to hand over power to a southern minority if not because of pressure from the southwest? so who made Jonathan president?
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by benzion72(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2018
Jaideyone:
grow the phuck up!!! right from the time of the subsidy protest the southwest has been at the fore front of the opposition to Jonathan's government. some of you just shout backstabbers all over nairaland like illiterates.

it was obvious the yorubas were against Jonathan sincE 2012 so how did we betray him? voting who I want is now backstabbing abi? you illiterates are angry we voted a northerner but you slaves are getting ready to vote atiku in 2019. atiku is a southern Christian abi?

when the same north stopped Jonathan from being sworn in as president in 2009 yorubas like wole shoyinka and Tunde bakare were the ones that led the protest for him to be sworn in as president!!! Jonathan even won all the states in the southwest in 2011 except pain state. yet we were marginalised. the highest ranking yoruba public official in Jonathan's government was akinwunmi adesina a minister of agriculture!!! the south south and south east that didn't protest to make him president when he was VP got the juicy portfolios. Jonathan himself went on to say ibos are the backbone of his government but he forgot about the effort of the likes of Tunde bakare and wolesoyinka when he was struggling under turaya yaradua's grip!!!

we voted Jonathan in 2011 but see how your ss/se people treated us just a few months later

see the kind of hate your people expressed against us. yet you were expecting our votes in 2015 again even after we made it known Jonathan will fail?

ibos are very myopic.

what did the same Jonathan do to deserve your vote in 2015? mention one road he constructed in the south east. what happened to your Niger bridge? how about port Harcourt-owerri road? what of ikot ekpene-umuhaia road? how about calabar itu road? these are roads I used between 2012 and 2016 on several occasions. Jonathan didn't touch them!!!

what about us in the south west? did 6yrs and the progress on Lagos Ibadan expressway was less than 10%. how about lagos-abeokuta road? what did Jonathan do for us to deserve our vote?

you better be ready to kill yourself in 2019 cos we will vote buhari again.

at least lagos-ibadan is 60% completed on 3yrs of buhari. Lagos Ibadan fast rail has started. critical fg buildings that were decaying were handed over to LASG and they will boost state IGR on the long run. sukuk bond was also utilised to fix pat if oyo-ogbomoso expressway. the FG under buhari has given dangote an enabling environment to build a refinery and seaport that will create over 100,000 jobs in ibejulekki.

we will vote buhari in 2019. be ready to jump off the Niger bridge!!!

We will not all vote him come 2019 until

1. Saribu is free from the captive of Boko Haram
2. Killing of innocent farmers in Benue, Taraba, Adamawa
3. lopsided appointment especially all security headed by the North
4. Slow poked action
5. Inability to own up, always looking for who to blame for his government failure
6. Selective prosecution of war against corruption, people like Koro, Sylvia are not been prosecuted because they are APC memeber
7. Technical support for his kinsmen Fulani Marauders, IPOB that never kill a fly was tagged terrorist group while fulani killers are given sublime support and cover
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Jaideyone(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2018
AreaFada2:

And the same jackbooted soldier came back and has ruled for 3 years. Can you show us one classroom he has built from planning to completion?
The "drunk" supervised economic boom, becoming biggest African economy, and your non-drinking kunu sipper who failed as military leader already, spends more time in hospital bed in UK than in 9ja, what has he achieved? grin cheesy

So because they were military leaders, they are no more from the North & SW? Chai! See excuses. grin cheesy cheesy
lol economic boom that took out foreign reserve from over 40b dollars to 21b? grin or the economic boom that depleted the excess crude account at a time the crude was selling for $110 per barrel and Saudi Arabia had 500billion dollars in foreign reserve? grin more like national heist and free for all stealing!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by romme2u: 2:24pm On May 17, 2018
AreaFada2:

cool

of all zoneBs, the one you quoted is the daftest of it all......to them it is all about power, money and dominance. No tangible development or transparency in their dealings.

To them might is right..........

....i wonder how i came to share national space with such cretins

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Kingspin(m): 9:03pm On May 17, 2018
Re: President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures by Kingspin(m): 9:03pm On May 17, 2018
I hope we don"t find ourselves wasting any 4 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Borno: Soldiers Repel Multiple Boko Haram Attacks, Kill Many, Arrest Bomb Maker / Gbenga Daniel Joins APC / Senate Confirms Olukoyede As EFCC Chair, Shehu As NSIP CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.