Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1609295 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) ... (4137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2021
opamoses1:

I agree with you on this. We can be better humans. We can always try to be better.

Thank you. The last time I said this some people call me names.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by opamoses1: 3:24pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Thank you. The last time I said this some people call me names.
You are welcome sir.
Lots of strange people here, So i understand you being called names.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:27pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Tell me why are Nigerians the most successful black ethnic group in America?

Not that I'm sure this is true, but a reason for it could be the harsh environment Nigerians come from that makes us work hard to develop the skills and talent to survive and succeed where the opportunities exist.

This might be validated by the fact that Nigeria as a country is not so successful as a country despite being full of Nigerians because we have not yet developed the ability to create the opportunities in Nigeria.

Basically, we work well on other peoples farms but can not farm our own land, yet.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:29pm On May 25, 2021
GalaticHorde:
Nigerians went to America on a clean slate, not with a father, cousin, brother, grandfather in jail, not with parents heavily indebted with mortgage loans, not with a sister in rehabilitation for drug use, not with the portrait of a grandfather's junior brother who was lynched, not with the portrait of an uncle who died in Vietnam at age 18, not with the knowledge of that bro still in the hood who went to college but is still jobless because his family doesn't have any old boy connections and his name is too niggerish white employers automatically know he's black and won't call him back despite multiple applications, not with the knowledge that growing up you know a childhood friend who was shot by the police or another who sold drugs to feed, not with the depression and hopelessness these life experiences burdens you with like the belief that your life isn't worth anything, that no matter how hard you struggle or how right you do you won't succeed unless you are a rapper or basketballer. Yes Nigerians have a relatively clean slate and can afford to be goal oriented with very little distractions.
And also we compare black with whites because they're opposite sides in terms of opportunities Asians have largely been ignored and allowed to thrive in the middle

Even white employers would give work opportunity to Nigerians because Nigerians are devoid of the historical narrative a native black might have and which white fears.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:32pm On May 25, 2021
opamoses1:

And who was lecturing you?
I was just calling out the hypocrisy of yourself and your other minion.
I thought you were better, but you are no different from those that call you umudikeans.
Grow up kid.

you dont understand. Who has the solution to Palestinians vs Israel. People sit here and. say a two state solution
For Israeli they OK with that.
Palestinians want no Joos from the sea to the river.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:35pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

When I go to Peckham in London to buy stuff that can make me feel like home, I am very surprise to see Arabs selling bolle, jellof rice and egusi soup but I don't see Nigerians working in the store. Maybe they are in the kitchen I don't know.

You are like one who sees a little bit of the picture and pressumes to have seen it all.

We are in school learning to be lawyers, engineers, doctors, etc, so you will not see us "selling bolle, jellof rice and egusi soup rice" in Peckham, though Mama Lola is still there "selling bolle, jellof rice and egusi soup rice" to pay for her children to go to school.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:36pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:
Listen to yourself.
Do you see how you just said you have to have interest to practise to build your skills and talent in engineering and NBA and NFL? Yet, you want to believe there is an inclination, as in a person's natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way; a disposition, that one is born with.

Now, lets say I deprive you of the opportunity to build up your skills in engineering, like if I tell you black people can not excel in engineering, and if I keep showing you blacks excelling in NBA or NFL and provide you with the means to.practice only NBA or NFL, can you see how I have inclined what you think is a natural tendency in you?

A natural tendency has been inclined in you to believe the above, that "Blacks as a race is biologically stronger than whites", despite the fact that if I tell you you can never have an IQ as high as an Asian or whites, you must insult me, and my mama and papa too! Or do you want to argue that one does not build up skills and talents by practising a lot to get strenght, or that Muhammed Ali can have just relied on being "biological stronger" to beat Henry Cooper?

Remind me. Was it not you who asked me to validate you were in UK? I forget.

You are not making any point

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

You are like one who sees a little bit of the picture and pressumes to have seen it all.

We are in school learning to be lawyers, engineers, doctors, etc, so you will not see us "selling bolle, jellof rice and egusi soup rice" in Peckham, though Mama Lola is still there "selling bolle, jellof rice and egusi soup rice" to pay for her children to go to school.

Okay, my point still stands. I am talking about employers not employees. I am talking how the blacks can empower themselves.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:43pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Nigerians are blacks as well. The racism should affect them too. You are just making excuses at this point

No, benalvino. The racism would not affect them all equally. You, a Nigerian, can not be affected by the stories you never heard of grandma and grandpa in chains, raped and whipped by master, children sold off elsewhere, having to go to underfunded black only schools, having to get off your seat on a bus to sit at the back so white can sit, and having to bow your head as you walk past whites so as not to be accused of raping their woman with your eyes.

Whites would even rather employ you because you would put up with more due to your ignorance of the historical past than a native black who lived through that history.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

Even white employers would give work opportunity to Nigerians because Nigerians are devoid of the historical narrative a native black might have and which white fears.

This is nonsense. More excuses
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 3:46pm On May 25, 2021
opamoses1:

Lol. This guy always feel like he is the owner of Nairaland or something when all you talk about is left leftist and more left. Empty barrels make the loudest noises. grin

Were you not complaining about insults sometime back and this was your well thought out response to his lengthy post?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

No, benalvino. The racism would not affect them all equally. You, a Nigerian, can not be affected by the stories you never heard of grandma and grandpa in chains, raped and whipped by master, children sold off elsewhere, having to go to underfunded black only schools, having to get off your seat on a bus to sit at the back so white can sit, and having to bow your head as you walk past whites so as not to be accused of raping their woman with your eyes.

Whites would even rather employ you because you would put up with more due to your ignorance of the historical past than a native black who lived through that history.

Stories? So anyone that heard of a story will he affected by racism? So racism is based on the stories one was told?

You don't have to be American to know about slavery. You guys keep reinventing what racism is and who it affects.

Have you tried educational performance between Nigerians and African Americans in the US? Have you tried cultural differences or you just gonna keep making baseless excuses undecided

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:49pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Okay, my point still stands. I am talking about employers not employees. I am talking how the blacks can empower themselves.

You do not seem to understand the struggle you would need to go through to empower yourself when the system is designed to oppress you. That's why you fail to see BLM and Palestine as part of that struggle.

Its like you think blacks want to and only have an inclination to be NBA and NFL and Beyonce and Jazzy instead of Bill Gates and Tesla and Amazon, when in fact the system inclines it to be the way that it is.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by opamoses1: 3:50pm On May 25, 2021
raumdeuter:

Were you not complaining about insults sometime back and this was your well thought out response to his lengthy post?

Just showing him that he has no monopoly to subtle insults and online bullying.

Ps: I wasn't complaining. I was calling out the hypocrisy on posts here.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Dude move on. Joe Biden was voting against laws that abolish sagregation. They have abolished or their racist laws(amend) I did not say they amend racism.

But tell us which law in the US today that is racist against blacks. Educate us.

I don't know if you have answered but I asked you.
Why are blacks underrepresented in neurological field and why are they overrepresented in NBA and NFL.

ALSO TELL US WHAT RACISM IS. IT SEEMS YOUR DEFINITION MIGHT BE DIFFERENT

@ GalaticHorde I am still waiting for your answer on this
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:52pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Stories? So anyone that heard of a story will he affected by racism? So racism is based on the stories one was told?

Stories, is what they would be to you, a Nigerian. They are experiences when your grandma and grandpa tells them to you, especially when you now see George Floyd televised in front of your face, and that's apart from your own personal daily experience that confirm it.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

You do not seem to understand the struggle you would need to go through to empower yourself when the system is designed to oppress you. That's why you fail to see BLM and Palestine as part of that struggle.

Its like you think blacks want to and only have an inclination to be NBA and NFL and Beyonce and Jazzy instead of Bill Gates and Tesla and Amazon, when in fact the system inclines it to be the way that it is.

Same system do not affect other race right? Only blacks. Other race will come and start a business even selling our local food for us but we don't have any business to empower ourselves. You keep acting like only whites and blacks are in the UK. Chinese come and do their thing. Arabs come and do their thing. Every one of them employ their kind. Make I hear word.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 3:58pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

This is nonsense. More excuses

It will be nonsense to you, just as Palestine opposing the apartheid they are forced to live under is nonsense to you. If you were old enough when we were marching against white rule in South Africa I bet that would have been nonsense to you too.

Sorry benalvino, I do not intend to be rude, but you only see it from your own myopic perspective and can not imagine what it is to walk in the shoes of those you deride, though I bet if I go through your posts I'd find similar instances closer to yourself that you would not say "nonsense" about.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2021
budaatum:

Stories, is what they would be to you, a Nigerian. They are experiences when your grandma and grandpa tells them to you, especially when you now see George Floyd televised in front of your face, and that's apart from your own personal daily experience that confirm it.

No grandma and grandpa alive today in United States that was a slave.
You have to move on. You want to blame racism affecting African Americans more because they heard a story that's BS and you know it.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:04pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Same system do not affect other race right? Only blacks. Other race will come and start a business even selling our local food for us but we don't have any business to empower ourselves. You keep acting like only whites and blacks are in the UK. Chinese come and do their thing. Arabs come and do their thing. Every one of them employ their kind. Make I hear word.

You must have left UK a long time ago. Nigerian restaurants and food sales is booming, and its not true its inundated by Asians as you falsely claim.

In the past there was not the patronage to make our restaurants the success it now is as our parents who worked as nurses and postmen and the likes would never go and spend £10 for amala and ẹfọ riro which they can cook for less at home, but now, their children are working as lawyers and doctors and can afford to pay 30-£50 at 805, so 805 is profitably in business.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:05pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

You have to move on. You want to blame racism affecting African Americans more because they heard a story that's BS and you know it.

We can only inform you. We must however know when to leave you to keep seeing what you wish to see and believe.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:08pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

You are not making any point

I am absolutely certain that it is you who is not yet inclined to have develop the skills and talents to understand what you read.

You have the ability however, if you just tried harder.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by opamoses1: 4:18pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

It's not easy to tell people to move on.

The Jews still scream anti-Semitism till date due to the effect of the holocaust. Alot of those screaming anti-Semitism where not around during the 2nd world war.

The Igbos have not forgotten the family members e.t.c they lost to the Biafran war despite Gowon saying no victor no vanquished (telling them to move on). The most active biafrans today are youths that weren't around during the Biafran war.

e.t.c.

It's not just easy to move on. May God heal all those still going through the effect of one discrimination or the other.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2021
opamoses1:

It's not easy to tell people to move on.
The Jews still scream anti-Semitism till date due to the effect of the holocaust.

The Igbos have not forgotten the family members e.t.c they lost to the Biafra war despite Gowon saying no victor no vanquished (telling them to move on)

e.t.c.

It's not just easy to move on. May God heal all those still going through the effect of one discrimination or the other.

Anti-semitism is not for the jews alone. Arabs are semites as well. Jews remember the holocaust but they don't blame it or cry about Germany every day. They have Moved on.

It is in the history, something we learn but jews don't act like Hitler is still sending them to concentration camps today.

It is easy to move on. Nobody alive today experienced slavery in the US. And if they don't move on they will continue with the divide and hatred.

Let me ask you. Why anger for slavery ends at the white man? What about the ancestors who captured to black men and women, make them slaves before selling them to white men?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by opamoses1: 4:27pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Anti-semitism is not for the jews alone. Arabs are semites as well. Jews remember the holocaust but they don't blame it or cry about Germany every day. They have Moved on.

It is in the history, something we learn but jews don't act like Hitler is still sending them to concentration camps today.

It is easy to move on. Nobody alive today experienced slavery in the US. And if they don't move on they will continue with the divide and hatred.

Let me ask you. Why anger for slavery ends at the white man? What about the ancestors who captured to black men and women, make them slaves before selling them to white men?

Okay, if you say the Jews have moved on.

What about the Biafrans? It is only fair that they shut the hell up and move on. Do you agree?

It's not just the white men that anger are directed towards. Carribeans too have bottled up anger towards Africans because they know Africans collaborated with the white men enslavers.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:33pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

The article states that black people have been given a lot of opportunities to advance themselves for example getting entrance to Ivy Leagues among others.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2021
opamoses1:

Okay, if you say the Jews have moved on.

What about the Biafrans? It is only fair that they shut the hell up and move on. Do you agree?

It's not just the white men that anger are directed towards. Carribeans too have bottled up anger towards Africans because they know Africans collaborated with the white men enslavers.

It is not the same thing. I don't think you can draw parallels to Biafra base on what we are talking about.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2021
DissTroy:

All I gave are issues you could easily verify.

The LeBron James issue calling for the lynching of a police officer is available easily - it's online.
The MSM not reprimanding him can be verified online.
The MSM ignoring and refusing to cancel Chrissy Teigen is open secret.

Your emotions do not count in the face of verifiable facts.

Just like most GQPs, you deal in outrage and are a sücker for Trumps playbook of stirring emotions that have nothing to do with where you should cast your vote.

LeBron and Tiegen are private citizens. Go on their Twitter page and complain if your knickers are in a twist.

In the immature deluded mind of GQPs, LeBron is on the ballot ticket. Media owes you no campaign against LeBron. Shut your mouth. LeBron is a private citizen and his view is inconsequential in the political discourse.

This is the immature politics that Trump introduced - find something that irritates people and try to turn that into a voting decision.

In your deluded mind now, a vote for LeBron is a vote for Biden.

This is not the first time America has had racial issues. Go read and watch President Bush Seniors response to the Rodney King riots to know how Presidents react to such situations, unlike the orange pig who pours flames on the fire to rile up you immature nincompoops.

One day you will grow up and stop hyperventilating about every outrage put in your akamu brain by Faux News. Politics has been going on with decorum for decades before Trump found you easily aggravated fools to play with. Eediots who can't distinguish politics from outrage. Luckily most Americans are calm people and got rid of that foul mouthed buffoon posing as a President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_3NOIEk-0

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by opamoses1: 4:35pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

It is not the same thing. I don't think you can draw parallels to Biafra base on what we are talking about.
Hahaha. It is. The pogroms and anti-igbo sentiments resulted to the civil war. It still boils down to oppressed people fighting back, and against discrimination

50 years on, they have refused to move on despite the fact that most were not even around when all the events happened.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino2(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2021
basilico:

The article states that black people have been given a lot of opportunities to advance themselves for example getting entrance to Ivy Leagues among others.

Bro, everything is racist when the topic is about blacks. Advising blacks to work hard is racist too.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by DissTroy(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2021
Ibime:

Just like most GQPs, you deal in outrage and are a sücker for Trumps playbook of stirring emotions that have nothing to do with where you should cast your vote.

LeBron and Tiegen are private citizens. Go on their Twitter page and complain if your knickers are in a twist.

In the immature deluded mind of GQPs, LeBron is on the ballot ticket. Media owes you no campaign against LeBron. Shut your mouth. LeBron is a private citizen and his view is inconsequential in the political discourse.

This is the immature politics that Trump introduced - find something that irritates people and try to turn that into a voting decision.

In your deluded mind now, a vote for LeBron is a vote for Biden.

This is not the first time America has had racial issues. Go read and watch President Bush Seniors response to the Rodney King riots to know how Presidents react to such situations, unlike the orange pig who pours flames on the fire to rile up you immature nincompoops.

One day you will grow up and stop hyperventilating about every outrage put in your akamu brain by Faux News. Politics has been going on with decorum for decades before Trump found you easily aggravated fools to play with. Eediots who can't distinguish politics from outrage. Luckily most Americans are calm people and got rid of that foul mouthed buffoon posing as a President.

You're a halfwit if you couldn't juxtapose the issue in question I was responding to i.e "Liberals holding themselves to the same standards they hold others to". If your analyses of socio-politics get clouded by party allegiance even in the face of glaring bias then you might as well start a terror cell where you reside and start stockpiling arms because you are a fanatic.

The point was about the varying treatment of public figures (which LeBron and Chrissy Teigen are) by the media which leans Left based on party allegiances. All too predictably, you change the goalposts in the middle of the game to fit you but not on my watch.

It's a good thing you inadvertently acknowledged the wrongdoings of both personalities while admitting brazenly that they get a free pass (obviously because their political ideology aligns with yours). That invalidates every other thing you've posited. Doofus!
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by opamoses1: 4:52pm On May 25, 2021
benalvino2:

Bro, everything is racist when the topic is about blacks. Advising blacks to work hard is racist too.
Igbos also need to stop crying about being marginalized or shouting biafra. That energy could instead be directed towards the development and advancement of Nigeria. This is also not too much to ask for. Just saying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2281) (2282) (2283) (2284) (2285) (2286) (2287) ... (4137) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.