Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ (4286 Views)

IQ Test: How Many Triangles Can You Find? / Test Your IQ With These Questions / Enigma: Proof Of Don Jazzy's Illuminati Membership! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by Orikinla(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2010
Your writing is enough to prove your IQ, whether high or low.

People can cheat and manipulate to pass exams like majority of Nigerian students who dub the projects of others and doctor the documents to claim them as their original works. But corner them when they are alone and tell them to write a short fiction or non-fiction of 500 words. The result will prove how brilliant and intelligent they are.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by nanaboi(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
True to a certain arguable extent. Only issue being that not everybody is blessed with the gift of writing. Not even the best professors can make a writer out of born non-writer.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by Caringpro(f): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
Writing is an act that can NEVER be imitated even though one may improve his or her writing skill with time. Proud to be a prolific writer, what about you?
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by semid4lyfe(m): 10:48am On Jun 08, 2010
Orikinla:

Your writing is enough to prove your IQ, whether high or low.

People can cheat and manipulate to pass exams like majority of Nigerian students who dub the projects of others and doctor the documents to claim them as their original works. But corner them when they are alone and tell them to write a short fiction or non-fiction of 500 words. The result will prove how brilliant and intelligent they are.
So someone who can't write a short fiction or non-fiction story is unintelligent and possesses a low IQ? undecided

Pure Garbage!
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by slap1(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2010
^^^ I wonder o.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by MyneWhite1(f): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Surely not IQ, maybe English language skills or writing talent surely?
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by iice(f): 4:33am On Jun 17, 2010
lol. . .fiction or non fiction writing. . .its all about imagination and ability to translate thoughts into writing coherently as well as cohesively undecided Not really IQ
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by Bluestream(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hello all, I think a pertinent consideration at this point is the question of what IQ entails and how it is measured.

If I presume to understand Orinkinla's statement; I believe the unstated point is that intelligence is central to ones abiity to conceive and convey an idea in clear , understandable terms, using the medium of spoken/written language (not necessarily in English). The level of abstraction and sophistication in those articulations would invariably provide insight to the level of intelligence; or lack thereof, at play.

But then, what do I know,

@ Myne WHitman, reading excerpt of your book online, interesting stuff,

, wish I could muster the discipline to dance to the tunes my heart plays, but my head seems to be too stuffed with work, aaargh!

, back to typing Credit approval memorandum in the bank, mcheew! angry angry sad sad
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by dominique(f): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2010
to write a book be it fiction or non-fiction, you need a very active imagination and you have to be able to convert them to words. you also need to have a large reservoir of vocabulary in your brains. it doesn't make you a dullard if you don't.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by Agiliti(m): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by Richiy(f): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2012
I agree with the o.p. There r many clues in a writeup. U musnt rili posess d innate ability. Watch 4 d punctuations, sentence structure, formation etc. You immediately know whr to place dat persn. It works, av tried it.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by EfemenaXY: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
Orikinla: Your writing is enough to prove your IQ, whether high or low.

Well said cheesy
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by sholay2011(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
Writing is nt rily a measure of IQ but rather, maybe artistic brilliance. But I always feel personally that creativity is another level of intelligence because putting words together to create a realistic plot and very real characters is no beanz! But stil, IQ is not the same as talent.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by sholay2011(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
But in movie making for example, there are areas of the art that still kind of test your IQ like writing and directing compared to acting where you rely purely on your talent, just doing what the director asks you to do.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by Agiliti(m): 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by maclatunji: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2012
OP, I understand what you are talking about. Every literate person is supposed to be a writer in one form or the other. After all, you "wrote" exams all through school. If you are worth whatever qualification you hold, your writing should prove it. It was very easy for me to take-up being a professional writer because I knew I had written my exams for over 20 years from my head. Hence, I had nothing to fear.

Even if I don't know about or understand a concept, I can always write about my ignorance of the subject matter.

This should be common amongst graduates. Shockingly, it is rare in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by EfemenaXY: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2012
maclatunji: OP, I understand what you are talking about. Every literate person is supposed to be a writer in one form or the other. After all, you "wrote" exams all through school. If you are worth whatever qualification you hold, your writing should prove it. It was very easy for me to take-up being a professional writer because I knew I had written my exams for over 20 years from my head. Hence, I had nothing to fear.

Even if I don't know about or understand a concept, I can always write about my ignorance of the subject matter.

This should be common amongst graduates. Shockingly, it is rare in Nigeria.

Well said. But why is that the case?

After all, I schooled there too... not that I'm claiming to be the best of writers - but I know I hold my own ground when it comes to writing...
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by maclatunji: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Well said. But why is that the case?

After all, I school there too... not that I'm claiming to be the best of writers - but I know I hold my own ground when it comes to writing...

It is very simple, cheating is now the norm and people think having their names written on a degree is enough even if they cannot spell the word "degree". Imagine a graduate of Economics that cannot define Economics.

People do not value knowledge but want prestigious positions and the benefits they can derive from such.
Re: Your Writing Is Enough Proof Of Your IQ by EfemenaXY: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2012
^^ Now that is sad. sad

(1) (Reply)

Godrej Nigeria Graduate Trainee 2020 / Ibkaye Happy Birthday Hun :-* / WATCH VIDEO: Nigerian Woman Harassed And Beaten For Wearing Short Dress!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.