Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

How To Start Your Campus Business - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Start Your Campus Business (266 Views)

Opportunity: Apply To Become Campus Ambassador Of Iobe On Your Campus / Www.mycampusmart.ml Sell And Buy Stuffs From Your Campus / Bostwana Student Wears Towel To Campus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Your Campus Business by chikachuks1(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2018
In this article, I want to teach you how to startup your own business while on campus. To start with, campus businesses are indeed great endeavors that has help thousands of students across many campuses to gain financial freedom as an undergraduate. The campus environment provides a good and conducive environment to run virtually any kind of business you want to. Therefore, as I give you the guideline on how to start up your own business while on campus, make up your mind to give it a trial. Although I will only end up deceiving you by saying that my recommendations are the best. Or by saying that you must make it if you follow my recommendations. Truth is that different strokes for different folks.

Permit me to tell you that countless opportunities abound in the campus environment which a hardworking student can take advantage of. For more information on this, read my article titled “ 12 Campus Businesses You Can Do" https://infoducation.com.ng/2018/04/07/campus-business/”. If you are not satisfied and need more feel free to chat me up on whatsapp via 07064635053

Reasons why campus business works well

1) The campus environment is a compact environment
In the campus, depending on the institution, you have about 15,000 students or more in a given location. With this, your target market might not be hard to locate.

2) Your product will be needed
Once again, read my article titled “12 Businesses to do in Campus”. You will find out that as much as infoducation wants you to succeed in your campus business, yet there are businesses that are more profitable than the others. If you take a thorough survey and start up a business relevant to the campus, your product or service will be needed. Hence the market will look for you instead of you looking for the market.

3) Low competition
In the campus, you stand to enjoy low competition which is almost monopoly. The reason is because most students are CGPA conscious and as such will have no time for business. Hence you will have a large market at your disposal.

4) Fellow students will support you
You will enjoy the support and patronage of your fellow students. They will gladly patronize you if they know you are a student like them.

How to start your campus business

Let us head straight to the subject before us today. What are those things to be considered before venturing into a campus business? Seeing that there are lots of opportunities in the campus market, you will end up been an unwise business man if you do not take some things into consideration. Below are few recommendations on what to consider and do before delving into the business.

Check your capital

How much do you have to startup the business? The fortunate thing is that you do not need all the money in the world to start up your own campus business. Truth be spoken, a little less than your school fee can go a long way in starting something, no matter how small it might be. Suppose you do not have any money to do this, I recommend that you borrow from friends, family, relations, etc. Although, you will need a thorough work on convincing them about the success of your business. Also, you will need as well to convince them that you will not remove your attention from your studies.

But let me recommend this to you. I know it is a very hard and risky advice to take. If you are sure your business will work out very well on the long run, stake your school fees for it. Risky? Yes really risky.Entrepreneurship in a whole is all about your ability to take risk. We have seen many students who blindly stake their school fee into bettings and Ponzi schemes. Most times, they end up wasting their money foolishly. This indeed is a blind investment. But if you are confident about your business, then go ahead and stake your school fee. If it works out fine, you will not regret that you did.

Check your ability

I hereby come to the second point in a bid to help you start up your campus business. What are your abilities, strength and weaknesses? Now that you want to start up your own campus business, what exactly do you want to do? Have you read the article I recommended for you on some campus business? If yes, probably you feel you can venture into any of them. Or better still, you have what you want to do which was not listed in the article. You must check within yourself so as to know if you can do it.

As much as I earlier stated that entrepreneurship is all about taking risks, yet some risks are not worth it. You must check to be sure that it is something you can do in order not to waste your resources. Look within yourself, you know what you can do and what you cannot do. Then, from there, check out if your chances of succeeding in that business outweighs you chances for failure.

Study your environment

Another thing to be considered so importantly is your environment. There are certain businesses that cannot thrive in some environments. Therefore study your environment very well. Know your environment thoroughly. Then you will be able to know what kind of business can thrive and bring in much proceeds for you. Since businesses are always profit oriented, you need constant and quick turn over. This can only be possible if you give us what we want. There is no way you sell a product that I don’t need and still expect me to buy it. For example, in the campus environment, it will be easier for you to run an education or scholarship blog than to run a fashion blog.

Build your idea

As much as I have earlier stated that you must check your abilities, yet you must not just stop there. Build up that your little idea. Develop it. Be innovative. If you can build up your little idea, you will find out that that stuff which started as little can end up putting food on your table for the rest of your life. For example, Google started as a final year project. But there is no way it would have started as a final year project and just jump to where it is now. It underwent series of building efforts, innovation and improvement. Therefore, build upon that your idea. Maybe the business has already started, yet you must keep building up the idea for profitable expansion.

Proper Networking

Another point for consideration before us tonight is the subject of thorough networking. Your campus business needs a high level of customer base for it to turn in much and expected cash. Thorough networking will help your customers locate you easily. Since you are a student and your target market comprises of students, then you cannot just fold your hands and expect things to fall into place automatically. Make friends with those students and let them know what you do. If you run a business center that does printing and photocopy, then you must make friends with as many course representatives as possible. They will indeed bring the jobs for you.

As we have taken time to outline some of these points, may I remind you that infoducation will never quit in her effort to enable you live a very comfortable life in the campus. We will keep thinking and bringing out important articles and news for you. We will never stop until you get to the top. Therefore, apply these recommendations as outlined above and watch your financial life change for the better.

If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to share with friend via every available link. This article might be what your neighbor or course mate is waiting for to succeed in their own business. Therefore waste no time. But make sure that you provide a link back to this site which is the original source for the article

https://infoducation.com.ng/2018/05/15/your-campus-business/

(1) (Reply)

Need A Helper / Affordable Universities In The Philippines For Any Program Of Your Choice / International Degree Foundation Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.