Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ (59592 Views)

'Saraki Is A Killer': Protest Rocks Ilorin In Support Of IGP Idris (Photos) / Mike Ozekhome Reacts To IGP Idris' Transmission Video / Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Reelectbuhari: 8:26pm On May 17, 2018
5thElement:

I'm very sure you do not reside in the eastern part of Nigeria.

Don't worry, the Area youths will soon issue another ultimatum asking you to pack out of their land, then you and your elders will start running back and forth with high powered lobbying to be allowed to stay.

It's just a pity that this forum is anonymous.

secondly that we are living doesn't mean we are leaving our fortunes anywhere.....that ur reasoning is myopic.....

is there no igbos in USA and others parts of the world...

we will pay our taxes according to una system of govt and if the system becomes vindictive and punishing we sell it off and explore others nations around the world....that is business
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Mactee007: 8:26pm On May 17, 2018
Do you want to ride free with Uber?

*Download the Uber App

*Sign-up, go to payment and click promotions then apply the code 'tonyudoh'

*Enjoy your free ride

New users/accounts only
Thank me later
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by soropee: 8:26pm On May 17, 2018
After watching the clip of the IGP inability to read through his speech, it made me remember the movie called the Devil's Advocate when Keanu Reeves was to defend a rape case and the witness couldn't give a proper account of the incident because his tongue was tied via voodoo. Maybe IGP don offend his uncle in the village
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Firgemachar: 8:28pm On May 17, 2018
jaychubi:

Did u see d part he said he read speech flawlessly in d past. Saraki simply jazzed him forget matter or it was doctored

The bolded maybe. Doctored Fat lie!

1 Like

Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 17, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

unity beggars......chai.....chaii.....chaiii.....

my dear.....we want out.,...

can't u see thee big picture....

sw and north understands themselves well and as such can stay as one....let others leave....
pls be constructive in any reply.....

I can't co-habit with any transmitter transmission transmission apprehension......naaaaah......

we are better off this way....

sw/north- nigeria
the rest remains biafra( old eastern nigeria).

Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Reelectbuhari: 8:34pm On May 17, 2018
[quote author=5thElement post=67649198][/quote]
I don't beg for unity....
am tired and want out.... I hv not heard in all my life that it is a crime.
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 17, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

secondly that we are living doesn't mean we are leaving our fortunes anywhere.....that ur reasoning is myopic.....

is there no igbos in USA and others parts of the world...

we will pay our taxes according to una system of govt and if the system becomes vindictive and punishing we sell it off and explore others nations around the world....that is business

#yawns

Warever.

When are you leaving?
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by philoo(m): 8:37pm On May 17, 2018
ewigmee:
Disobedient and lies transmitted stress into his brain. grin
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 17, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

I don't beg for unity....

am tired and want out....
I hv not heard in all my life that it is a crime.

At bolded, have you tried counseling?
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Reelectbuhari: 8:43pm On May 17, 2018
5thElement:

#yawns

Warever.

When are you leaving?

when u chat with children....is always obvious.....

anywhere I found myself both in shithole and outside shithole....

I must de-market Nigeria.....in all aspect....is not worth a nation.

every sane person should be talking about division of nigeria.....
every sane igboman is not happy to found himself in this estate co-habiting with Afonja and transmission transmission....

I must tell my children that nigeria is never the country....their fathers fought for......
I must tell them that their fathers fought for a better country called BIAFRA.....
I must hand down the same message my father gave me...he said...“wherever u go and find yourself, don't forget who u are, what u are, what u stands for and what ur fathers fought for.....

Am Igbo and a biafran.

Nigeria must split.

1 Like

Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 17, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

[s]when u chat with children....is always obvious.....

anywhere I found myself both in shithole and outside shithole....

I must de-market Nigeria.....in all aspect....is not worth a nation.

every sane person should be talking about division of nigeria.....
every sane igboman is not happy to found himself in this estate co-habiting with Afonja and transmission transmission....

I must tell my children that nigeria is never the country....their fathers fought for......
I must tell them that their fathers fought for a better country called BIAFRA.....
I must hand down the same message my father gave me...he said...“wherever u go and find yourself, don't forget who u are, what u are, what u stands for and what ur fathers fought for.....

Am Igbo and a biafran.

Nigeria must split.[/s]
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by shitholenation: 8:47pm On May 17, 2018
It is only in a confused territory like Nigeria that you will see this kind of a thing,now ask yourself do we really want to develop as a nation?
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Reelectbuhari: 8:48pm On May 17, 2018
[quote author=5thElement post=67649556][/quote] lolzzz....
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 17, 2018
StarUp:
Am sure the IG must have been among those that laughed at that Civil Defence boss during "My Oga at the Top" period... Anything can happen to anyone anytime.

What would you now say about a first class English Language graduate who brought out Naijabet tickets instead of his credentials from his envelope during an interview?

When did this happen?
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Smarkie: 9:05pm On May 17, 2018
wind don blow, fowl nyash don open
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 17, 2018
Indian herm or codeine can also cause the brain to block.
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by goldman777: 9:28pm On May 17, 2018
Pmb brain block,igp brain block,minister sports brain block,custom controller general block in a square hole soon nigeria is going to turn to a block of ice with dis folks
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by SirToothBrush: 9:36pm On May 17, 2018
lilfreezy:
LMAOO abeg the guy Is not fit for the job. Watch his previous blunder below, my guy cannot even match properly grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdflNCCB_I
haa I just took my time to watch this. Its scary. Are you sure that's the IGP ??
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Reelectbuhari: 9:43pm On May 17, 2018
CodeTemplar:
These men aren't talking about Leah Sheribu.

why should we talk about her?
they can roast her in hell

oga this is politics....b4 2019 election proper dey go release her and used it 4 campaign
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by ofexpryz(m): 9:49pm On May 17, 2018
I beg can someone tell me where we got it wrong as a nation? Why president wey nor well appoint IG wey nor well? Make una kookoo check de rest appointees ooo
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by CodeTemplar: 9:53pm On May 17, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

why should we talk about her?
they can roast her in hell

oga this is politics....b4 2019 election proper dey go release her and used it 4 campaign
After molesting her abi. . .
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Reelectbuhari: 9:55pm On May 17, 2018
CodeTemplar:
After molesting her abi. . .
they can rape and over rape her through four regions
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by davillian(m): 10:10pm On May 17, 2018
He was hit with the transmission spirit.
Na jazz grin grin grin
Abeg who be the baba way do this job
I will need it in 2019
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by sweetgala(m): 10:23pm On May 17, 2018
immhotep:

In other words we have a dvllard in that office.

Cc lzaa onyeoga shallysgirl itsmeaboki Bamoski shalomc Madridguy pointzerom Buhariguy iceberg3

It's actually a real thing, I have a friend here who after watching the video told me he experienced same situation when he was asked to read a Bible passage at his mother's funeral and he cldnt make sense of what he was seeing. Emotional distress is a very serious thing, in Nigeria we don't pay attention to our mental health.

I suffered severe panic attacks weeks to my final year exam and thesis submission

1 Like

Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by HeavenShield: 10:23pm On May 17, 2018
dammy13:
​A neurologist with the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Dr. Nura Alkali, has opined that the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris’ struggle during his ‘infamous’ speech at an event in Kano could be as a result of ‘brain block’.

We recall that in the footage trending online, the IGP, who visited Kano on Monday to commission the Police Technical Intelligence unit in the state, struggled consistently to pronounce some of the words in his text.

The clip stirred up reactions online as some

Nigerians described the development as ’embarrassing and a shame to the Nigeria Police Force.

However, reacting Dr. Nura Alkali, in a Facebook post explained that contrary to opinions that the IG may be ‘dyslexic, the police boss might be suffering from Severe emotional stress, a non-motor seizure, or transient global amnesia.

He wrote, “Having watched the IGP Idris speech video, I can only conclude that he had a brain block. What caused it I cannot tell, since I lack his medical history. But I suspect one of three possibilities: Severe emotional stress, a non-motor seizure, or transient global amnesia.

“He is certainly not dyslexic, after all, he has read public speeches flawlessly in the past. And from available evidence, the video was not doctored. I advise the IGP to see an experienced neurologist or psychiatrist, who should also watch the video.”

“Some of us find it hard to believe that a medical condition can make a speech sound like a “broken record”. Well, one of such causes is transient global amnesia (TGA)

“The main sign of TGA is being temporarily unable to form new memories. This is called prominent anterograde amnesia. During the episode of TGA, the person will seem disoriented in time and often ask questions about the date or their environment over and over again. This may be described as the person sounding like a “broken record.”

Meanwhile, the force is yet to issue a statement regarding the controversial video.

When the Press contacted the Force Public Relations Officer, Moshood Jimoh, on the ‘authenticity of the video, he simply said, “Yes we have seen it , but you can call back later.”

http://kikiotolu.com/neurologist-reveals-why-ig-of-police-idris-struggled-to-read-own-speech/

ABIKE DABIRI..DID YOU READ WHAT DR. NURA SAID? BEFORE YOU ADD MORE DISGRACE TO YOUR REPUTATION..

"He is certainly not dyslexic, after all, he has read public speeches flawlessly in the past. And from available evidence, the video was not doctored..."

I REST MY CASE..
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by sweetgala(m): 10:38pm On May 17, 2018
ShyCypher:
In saner climes public officers with a history or sufferin' from mental illnesses usually resign or are fired without delay.

This includes Supreme Court Judges.
Their previous judgements are usually called into question too.

If the IGP has a mental condition, it means we cannot rely on his decision-makin' process.
The extra-judicial killings under his watch stand as evidence that he is not fit for that position.

Also, the selection process used to appoint him has to be brought into question.
Why is it that his interviewers never spotted this glarin' issue?

Imagine placin' the security of a nation in the hands of an unpredictable, mentally disabled person.

Heads should roll for this but alas, this is Nigeria.

People with an history of mental illness are not fired stop making such false claims. A public officer with an history of mental illness such as we have here is more likely to be offered time off and given assistance.

Mental illness is seen as a serious issue that afflicts most citizens at certain periods of their lives. I work for a company which is one of the 10 biggest companies in the world and we have a confidential mental health service. I have colleagues who have taken 1-3 months off because of stress and sleep deprivation.
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by HillsBlaze(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2018
Lakeside79:
Smart advertisement
This one is smart to take opportunity to treat the IGP
But the doctor forgot that is symptom is also similar to
Mental buffoonaria illiteratiasis
Same one our president suffered from
Why are you like this na?

Let me go lay down and laff properly.

1 Like

Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by leonn(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2018
That one manipulation in process better still village people at work...
StarUp:
Am sure the IG must have been among those that laughed at that Civil Defence boss during "My Oga at the Top" period... Anything can happen to anyone anytime.

What would you now say about a first class English Language graduate who brought out Naijabet tickets instead of his credentials from his envelope during an interview?
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Realist2: 10:43pm On May 17, 2018
The effect of kakitocracy aka quarter system.
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 17, 2018
sweetgala:

People with an history of mental illness are not fired stop making such false claims. A public officer with an history of mental illness such as we have here is more likely to be offered time off and given assistance.

Mental illness is seen as a serious issue that afflicts most citizens at certain periods of their lives. I work for a company which is one of the 10 biggest companies in the world and we have a confidential mental health service. I have colleagues who have taken 1-3 months off because of stress and sleep deprivation.

You're clearly ignorant.

Firstly, stress & sleep deprivation do not qualify as mental illnesses.

Secondly, mental illnesses like dementia & alzheimer's are a no-no for any public office holder.

Educate yourself or risk annihilation from this fast-paced world.

Stupid people are becomin' extinct.
Re: Neurologist: IGP Idris Struggled To Read Speech Due To ‘Brain Block’ by sweetgala(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2018
ShyCypher:

You're clearly ignorant.

Firstly, stress & sleep deprivation do not qualify as mental illnesses.

Secondly, mental illnesses like dementia & alzheimer's are a no-no for any public office holder.
A
Educate yourself or risk annihilation from this fast-paced world.

Stupid people are becomin' extinct.

No.one would ever be sacked for dementia and Alzheimer's stop lying. What do you know about working for a large multinational top 10 company.

I've lived in EU since I was 15 and I'm now on the other side of 30 something and I can tell you without mincing nky words acute stress and extreme sleep deprivation is considered mental health issue, sleep apnea is often considered a consequence of stress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha: Profile Of The Secretary To Government Of The Federation (SGF) / Buhari Leading Atiku In 10 Kano LGAs / Obadiah Mailafiya: A Northern Governor Is The Commander Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.