Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:44 AM

Is This An Act Of Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This An Act Of Corruption (567 Views)

Bauchi Varsity Flood Tragedy, An Act Of God - Gov / Buhari’s Rejection Of Electoral Bill, An Act Of Desperation – CUPP / Begging R-APC, Not An Act Of Cowardice — Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This An Act Of Corruption by AltarBoy1: 8:47pm On May 17, 2018
Greetings.
Let me just go straight to the point.
My place of work send me on an errand in another state. I spent a week there, so I was given money for hotel, feeding and internal transport. On the day of my arrival, as I was searching for a comfortable hotel to lodge, I met an old friend who reside in the state, so he volunteered to host me for that period. So, all through, I stayed in his placed, he also feed me and normally drop me off at my place of assignment. On the day I was leaving, I gave him some money in appreciation and kept the rest to my self.

My question is, did I defraud my place of work by this action.

lalasticlala.
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by dafeyankee: 8:47pm On May 17, 2018
No.
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by AltarBoy1: 8:50pm On May 17, 2018
Additional information

It is a norm in our organization to provide fund to anyone going outside the state for an assignment. The the amount given to the person depends on the state he is going to and the number of day he will spend over there.
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by psucc(m): 9:41pm On May 17, 2018
No.

But if it is the norm that you will retire the "spended" (Dalung), then you will need to provide official receipt to that effect.
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by mikoloson: 9:53pm On May 17, 2018
u must bring receipt, if u don't that is corruption. use ur head young man, wisdom is profitable to direct. some corruptions are righteously judged, read d parable of the unjust steward in the book of luke
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by AltarBoy1: 7:15am On May 18, 2018
psucc:
No.

But if it is the norm that you will retire the "spended" (Dalung), then you will need to provide official receipt to that effect.
Most of the time, we don't retire, cos your hotel fee and feeding is been calculated based on your grade in the company. But sometimes, our head can decide to ask for receipt. That way, I might have to provide one.
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by AltarBoy1: 7:16am On May 18, 2018
mikoloson:
u must bring receipt, if u don't that is corruption. use ur head young man, wisdom is profitable to direct. some corruptions are righteously judged, read d parable of the unjust steward in the book of luke
If am to bring receipts, I will have to doctore one. Since I don't have any official one.
Re: Is This An Act Of Corruption by Anijay1212(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2018
angry
My brother you know the answer, if i am sent on an errand and transport fair is provided and a friend offers me a lift on my way, there is no way i am going to return such money back and dose that make me corrupt? NO....

(1) (Reply)

Meet 35 Year Old Nigeria's Presidential Aspirant, Kay Bello / “I Am In The Village, When I Come Back" - Orubebe Vows To Reply Buhari / Eyes Of The World On Ekiti, Says US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.