Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? (1651 Views)

Hilarious - When The Child Is As Poor As His/her Parents / Students Not Grounded In Their Course Of Study, Who's Fault Is It? / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by disney(f): 1:55am On Jan 01, 2006
Who's Fault Is It If A Child End Up A Shoemaker?

hi everyone,
When it comes to career, who's fault is it if the child had no money to go to school and ended up a shoemaker. is it the parent's fault or is it the child's fault or is it Nigeria's fault? Lets be realistic, please give your full opinion. Do you think the child should go and steal or prostitue in order to go to school as in a must to have an education or do you think the child should just go and start selling on the road or jeje become a shoemaker? What do you think?
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by owo2390(m): 2:01am On Jan 01, 2006
It's Nigeria's fault, there is no free education at the primary and secondary level. At the tertiary level it's also Nigeria's fault there is good aid program for Students. If a Child ends up a shoemaker, it's the country's fault.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by smartsoft(m): 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2006
I agree with that.. and A shoemarker job.. if he/seh really wants to be a shoemarker.. he/she will create a standard.. not shoemakers that roams about the street.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Seun(m): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2006
There's nothing necessarily bad about being a shoemaker. A shoemaker can grow to employ others and become a millionaire.

The question I think you're trying to ask is who is to blame if parents cannot educate their children properly.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by lauryn(f): 4:51pm On May 29, 2006
Its the child's fault
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by owo2390(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2006
How is it the Child's fault??
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by lauryn(f): 5:01pm On May 29, 2006
Cos it is. I'm replying to the title of the post. But if its a financial issue, then its nobody's.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Seun(m): 6:02pm On May 29, 2006
Once the child is independent, he/she can go ahead and get educated.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Nosu(m): 10:51am On Jun 04, 2006
l think the parents, the country and the child are to blame for the child's state.A good parent should make provision for the child before birth while a good country should be responsible for the well being of every citizen. the major fault anyway go to the child, recently l started reading biography of great men that had lived and those still living, l then stumble on the biography of Roman Abramovich (great chelsea).his dad dead when he was eighteen months old and his mom dead when he was 4 years old, but today he is the 11th richest man in the world. what do u hv to say to that? he had an escuse of saying l failure in life because l lost my parent at a tender age, but he refused to be a failure.
Let me come down home, l read a magazine, when a man was given his testimony, he said when he finished his secondary school education he couldn't further because there was nobody to sponsor him, so he started a call center at adeola odeku vI and right now he has 3 call centers at different location and he has a brown new car of his own and he has enroll for a part time course at Unilag.

So, it is only a failure that has escuses for not making it in life, when u get to heaven and u tell God that it was because of ur unfortunate state that made u fail , God will show u a success who was in a worse condition.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by mamaput(f): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2006
so poor people are not allowed to have children?
The smallest a country can do for its children is free education and free healt care they owe it to them
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Nosu(m): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2006
does that mean that if the govenment is not responsible, u won't be responsible for ur life. let me give another example l guy from liberia had to flew to Nigeria for safety during the war, while in Nigeria he started all over again, enrolled into university in nigeria and he is now a graduate. he had all the reasons to either be a beggar or a failure. what do u have to say to that?
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by mamaput(f): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2006
Are we not talking of children . Dose Education not start with primary 1?
This boy you are talking about also went to secondary school.
Tell me were dose a child start looking for money.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Nosu(m): 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2006
primary and secondary education are very affordable some don't even pay anything except the PTA level, so what are u talking about?
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by mamaput(f): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2006
If everyone can afford it , why are there somany slaves in Nigeria?
Child slaves i mean. Kids as househelp s,elling on th e road you name it.
I do not buy that story from you that everyone can afford it. Some people are even looking for money to eat
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Nosu(m): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2006
it is just lack of infomation, pta level is less that 500 naira
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by mamaput(f): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2006
The books and the uniform ?
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by kazey(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2006
There are people in Nigeria as mamaput asked, that cant afford to send their kids to school.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Nosu(m): 12:21am On Jul 02, 2006
they lack information.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by alj(m): 1:52am On Jul 04, 2006
It is the fault of this very unfair system, schooling is completely free and compulsory in all European countries and America until we have that we are not doing our best for our children.

Nosu:

it is just lack of infomation, pta level is less that 500 naira

it should be totally free, uniforms are provided for the poorest children in the UK and the basic books are provided free of charge for all. Sure some rich folk will send their kids to private school but it is less than 10% in the UK.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by alj(m): 1:58am On Jul 04, 2006
Nosu:

they lack information.

perhaps they lack information because their mum and dad could not afford to educate them and the do not know how to access the information, to have a successful economy the government will have to put its money where its mouth is.
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by omoge(f): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2006
quite interesting,

I have this friend whose child is not doing well in school. this friend is abroad, the child's mama threw him away when he was born so the grandmother end up taking him and they always ask for ''school fees from the boy's father which he end up sending. he is now 16years going on 17, and has not been doing well at all. however, they managed to promote him. last year he was asked what he want to do, he said a hand work. his father asked him to go to school, right now heard he failed his JSS 1. who is to be blamed in this situation?

Me thinks the environment, some say cuz the father or mother is not there, i think there is nothing wrong to do or learn a vocation since not everyone is cut to go to school.
this child can't read or write, right now i heard another relative took him away to another part of the town saying he will teach him to read and write while he starts JSS 1 all over, am just short of advice to give them, anyone with good idea?
Re: Who's Fault Is It If A Child Is Not Properly Educated? by Beautygyal(f): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2006
Well i think
First of all its the parents fault even if theres no free school in Nigeria the parents should try their bset so that their children will not grow up to be shoemakers

then i think its the childs fault if u don't want to be a shoemaker then work hard in school so u can be a betta person in the future

Last is the environment they should provide free schools 4 children and parents who can't afford the schools fees or even more betta make it cheaper. When its cheaper a lot of people will want to come and that will make more money. BUt when u think of it u can't really blame anyone because theres noone to blame. thas my opinion undecided

(1) (Reply)

Student Injured As Nadesstu Students Protested 4 Their Bursary Allowance In / Assu Is The Problem Of Nigeria Education / I Need A School Agent To Secure An International Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.