Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

A Thread For Business Analyst - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Business Analyst (1254 Views)

A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / Building Technology/ Engineering Forum : A Thread For Builders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Business Analyst by cyndie27(f): 11:03am On May 18, 2018
I need a mentor for business analysis. Someone help please. I am particular about business performance analysis.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2018
cyndie27:
I need a mentor for business analysis. Someone help please. I am particular about business performance analysis.
Which industry are you into?

An analyst in the manufacturing industry has quite different functionalities with one in the IT industry. Though the terminologies and roles are the same at high level, one realizes that their specific roles are different. I am an analyst and project/product manager in the midst of many back-end and one front-end developers.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 4:04pm On May 18, 2018
cyndie27:

The business performance analysis is one of the product management process of a business developer. Once a project has been completed, it becomes a product and the managers of those products are called product managers. Their work include amongst other things like bringing changes that will meet expectation of all stakeholders involved.

For instance, on nairaland, they are many features being added to the forum, these features in an organized clime are part of the product management. The gap analysis, which is the gap between the current project status and the future project status yields the performance analysis.

You can apply this to other business environments shaa. grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by cyndie27(f): 4:26pm On May 18, 2018
Thanks Mr Physics. Mine is more like monitoring sales and costs etc and impact on the business but from studies online i'm kinda confused cause it seems more IT related. Dont really know the steps to take to improve. I studied economics.
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2018
cyndie27:
Thanks Mr Physics. Mine is more like monitoring sales and costs etc and impact on the business but from studies online i'm kinda confused cause it seems more IT related. Dont really know the steps to take to improve. I studied economics.
Most business analysis jobs online are IT related. In the IT industry, you will have an analyst attached to developers. I kind of understand your role shaa but basically, I deal more on the IT industry.
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 7:26pm On May 18, 2018
cyndie27:
Secondly, I have a business analysis textbook, it might help you improve yourself. In Nigeria, business analyst are mostly found in the IT industry
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by cyndie27(f): 1:26pm On May 23, 2018
mrphysics:

Secondly, I have a business analysis textbook, it might help you improve yourself. In Nigeria, business analyst are mostly found in the IT industry

Please I'll appreciate if you forward to me misscyndie27@gmail.com . thanks a lot for your assistance, I'm grateful.
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 3:13pm On May 23, 2018
cyndie27:

Please I'll appreciate if you forward to me misscyndie27@gmail.com . thanks a lot for your assistance, I'm grateful.

Sent
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by fem88(m): 4:29am On Aug 12, 2019
Nice trend here...Pls,Mrphysics,
I will appreciate,if you could forward the book to my email too.
Femiejnr@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by folash: 11:13am On Jan 23, 2023
mrphysics:

I know this is an old thread, but please can you forward the book to me too
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 11:58am On Jan 23, 2023
folash:

I know this is an old thread, but please can you forward the book to me too
Drop your email
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by folash: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
mrphysics:

Drop your email
I've sent you a pm
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
folash:

I've sent you a pm
My PM doesn't work. Lost access to the email a year ago.
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by folash: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2023
mrphysics:

My PM doesn't work. Lost access to the email a year ago.
Ok ..
Kindly please don't quote, as I would remove the email later
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
folash:

Ok ..
Kindly please don't quote, as I would remove the email later
Sent!

Please check your email and you can remove it on nairaland also.
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by folash: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2023
Mrphysics thanks so much.
File has been received. Can you please modify the post in which my email was quoted, and remove please?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
folash:
Mrphysics thanks so much.
File has been received. Can you please modify the post in which my email was quoted, and remove please?
You are welcome. I wish you the best in your career and in Business Analysis
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mayysen(f): 5:48pm On Jan 23, 2023
@Mrphysics, please can you forward the book to me too. I 'm in the process of career change to data/business analysis.
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mrphysics(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
mayysen:
@Mrphysics, please can you forward the book to me too. I 'm in the process of career change to data/business analysis. Email is iyiolaolumayowa07@gmail.com

Sent. Check your email

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by mayysen(f): 5:54am On Jan 25, 2023
mrphysics:

Sent. Check your email

Seen. Thanks, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by Louis8796: 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
I can train u for $300.
cyndie27:
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by ayinbu: 5:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Mr physics kindly send me the book also My email is : benjamin.ayinbuomwan@gmail.com Thanks
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by Kelvindate(m): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
mrphysics:

Sent. Check your email

Mrphysics please forward the book on business analyst to me too me too. I am an accounting graduate.
kelvinokoroafor70@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by Joyful365: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
mrphysics:

Sent. Check your email

Hello sir please send me the book
alwaysjoyful52@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Business Analyst by IyaTola: 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
Is this not supposed to be a thread for us to discuss?

(1) (Reply)

Quick Loans For Federal Government Workers / Top 10 Highest Paid Employees In The World! / TGI 2024 Commercial Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.