Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes (31921 Views)

NPF-NCCC Busts Counterfeit Ring, Recovers $100k In Fake Notes (photos) / Nigerians Arrested In South Africa For Printing Fake Currency Notes (Video) / Osun Police Parade Fake Currency Syndicate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 18, 2018
Gombe State Command of the Nigerian Police Force has declared that it has discovered fake notes totalling the sum of N22 million during a 'stop and search' operation aimed at stemming criminality in the state.

While parading the suspects before newsmen in Gombe on Friday, the Commissioner of Police, Shina Tairu  Olukolu disclosed that the men of the  Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), intercepted the syndicates of the fake currency dealers during a stop and search operation around Billiri local government area of the state.

The Police Commissioner said that “As I have always said, crime does not pay. These suspects have been dealing in fake currency for so long but the long arms of the law have finally caught up with them today".

He added that “I want to reiterate the resolve and commitment of the entire officers and men of the Command that we will stop at nothing to eradicate crime and criminalities in the state”.

While reacting to the allegation against them, one of the suspects, Sani Ibrahim confessed to Journalists that he became a dealer of fake naira notes to meet his basic needs due to the economic condition of the country.

Sani Ibrahim who looked remorse while talking to Journalists said, “It is not my wish to produce fake Naira notes. It was one Alhaji (names withheld for investigation purposes by the Police) who brought me into this line of illegal business last year when the economy became tough for me and I approached him for assistance".

He further confessed that “We operate in Gombe and Nasarawa states because that is where we have people who trade in our fake currency”.

Commissioner of Police assured that full-scale investigation is going on to track down all those involved in the criminal acts pointing out that as soon as possible they will be arraigned.

Shina Olukolu also used the medium to warn politicians in the state to shun political violence as the Police will not tolerate any form of malpractices in the scheduled state congress of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) which is holding on Saturday in the state.

He advised anyone who does not have any business in the conduct of the exercise to steer clear of the venue warning that anyone caught causing a breach of the peace will not be spared by the Police.

Source: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/police-burst-fake-currency-syndicate-in-gombe-uncovers-fake-n22m-fake-notes/

2 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Jabioro: 5:47pm On May 18, 2018
We in mess country

1 Like

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by dominique(f): 6:43pm On May 18, 2018
No wonder there are so many fake N1000 Notes out there. A whopping N22m fake notes? shocked Why are people wicked like this?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by emeijeh(m): 6:45pm On May 18, 2018
Imagine.

They want to convert abokifx.com to abokifake.com

Jail them!

[img]https://media1./images/668c6b5e434731b1ffc939ebb5eaa27e/tenor.gif?itemid=4951048[/img]

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 18, 2018
Failed country
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On May 18, 2018
Money Kudi Owo......

1 Like

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 18, 2018
Na ipob yoots teach them market...
Abeg I dey fast nobody should quote me

12 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by lmm4real: 6:46pm On May 18, 2018
Chaiiiii grin
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by oyetunder(m): 6:46pm On May 18, 2018
Gombe... fake leaders, fake followers, fake system, fake laws...
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by jazinogold(m): 6:46pm On May 18, 2018
dis fake notes would v found its way into the economy through our politicians during campaigns and rallies. the gullible masses would v collected this fake notes in exchange for their votes. and the tellers in d banks will end up using their hard earned money to pay for this, because every fake notes collected by a teller unknowingly will be paid for by the teller!

what a country....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by DemonHunTER: 6:46pm On May 18, 2018
shocked

22M.. Lmao! I don’t why I'm laughing
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by narorose(f): 6:47pm On May 18, 2018
Naija!God pls help us
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by nabegibeg: 6:47pm On May 18, 2018
Neyoor:
Gombe State Command of the Nigerian Police Force has declared that it has discovered fake notes totalling the sum of N22 million during a 'stop and search' operation aimed at stemming criminality in the state.

While parading the suspects before newsmen in Gombe on Friday, the Commissioner of Police, Shina Tairu  Olukolu disclosed that the men of the  Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), intercepted the syndicates of the fake currency dealers during a stop and search operation around Billiri local government area of the state.

The Police Commissioner said that “As I have always said, crime does not pay. These suspects have been dealing in fake currency for so long but the long arms of the law have finally caught up with them today".

He added that “I want to reiterate the resolve and commitment of the entire officers and men of the Command that we will stop at nothing to eradicate crime and criminalities in the state”.

While reacting to the allegation against them, one of the suspects, Sani Ibrahim confessed to Journalists that he became a dealer of fake naira notes to meet his basic needs due to the economic condition of the country.

Sani Ibrahim who looked remorse while talking to Journalists said, “It is not my wish to produce fake Naira notes. It was one Alhaji (names withheld for investigation purposes by the Police) who brought me into this line of illegal business last year when the economy became tough for me and I approached him for assistance".

He further confessed that “We operate in Gombe and Nasarawa states because that is where we have people who trade in our fake currency”.

Commissioner of Police assured that full-scale investigation is going on to track down all those involved in the criminal acts pointing out that as soon as possible they will be arraigned.

Shina Olukolu also used the medium to warn politicians in the state to shun political violence as the Police will not tolerate any form of malpractices in the scheduled state congress of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) which is holding on Saturday in the state.

He advised anyone who does not have any business in the conduct of the exercise to steer clear of the venue warning that anyone caught causing a breach of the peace will not be spared by the Police.

Source: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/police-burst-fake-currency-syndicate-in-gombe-uncovers-fake-n22m-fake-notes/

and cannot burst fulani herdsmen terrorist, abi

5 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Hemcy1(m): 6:47pm On May 18, 2018
A
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by devigblegble: 6:48pm On May 18, 2018
Sometimes i just want to question all these Abokis into currency exchange where they get their money from ? Just a honest thinking mind

3 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by sonnie10: 6:50pm On May 18, 2018
Igbos love money. Others hate money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by nnokwa042(m): 6:51pm On May 18, 2018
Abokki said economy is bad grin cheesy :Do i laugh in Puerto Rico ,abokki una never see anything shebi una say we southerners can't drink water and drop cup in peace abi? angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Authoreety: 6:53pm On May 18, 2018
Who buys fake money wt real money?...

Pls I jst wan2 kno hw d deal is cut cos im not inderstanding

3 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by kaykaymcb(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2018
Contact me for your premium logo for your business...For proof of my work, click the link in my signature.
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by tsmat(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2018
criminals plenty for naija

1 Like

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by fullstreets: 6:57pm On May 18, 2018
Why is the currency looking white?

3 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by sureheaven(m): 6:57pm On May 18, 2018
Useless aboki, they can’t even perfect and package the fake money wella......

A baby in the womb will know this one na real fake notes....

Abokis no get innovation at all...
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 18, 2018
emeijeh:
Imagine.

They want to convert abokifx.com to abokifake.com

Jail them!

[img]https://media1./images/668c6b5e434731b1ffc939ebb5eaa27e/tenor.gif?itemid=4951048[/img]
what are you trying to say?
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by WavyJohn: 6:58pm On May 18, 2018
dominique:
No wonder there are so many fake N1000 Notes out there. A whopping 22m fake notes? shocked Why are people wicked like this?
Them gimme one yesterday I pass am along. Life goes on. Stay sharp people.

5 Likes

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by emeijeh(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2018
9PBLIVE:
what are you trying to say?

Use your head
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 18, 2018
Funlord how far lol
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by BlackHatNaija: 7:00pm On May 18, 2018
There are more hideouts to dig. The fake notes are everywhere.
Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:00pm On May 18, 2018
Neyoor:

[b]The Commissioner of Police, Shina Tairu  Olukolu disclosed that the men of the  Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), intercepted the syndicates of the fake currency dealers during a stop and search operation around Billiri local government area of the state.

[/b]
In summary:
1. It better when a non-indigene heads the police most times
If it were a notherner, I doubt he would have seen them.

2. Did anyone noticed how the police sympathisers with Northern criminals
"Sani Ibrahim who looked remorse " can you imagine Even the presidency reprimanded the IGP who disobeyed his orders undecided

Besides do we gave different laws How come you can mention Dino Melaye's name, mention Saraki's name but cannot mention an incriminated Alhaji's name

3. Finally, Nigerian Police is working for Buhari and APC. Imagine the efontery undecided

These are the same people that could not strategize to protect lives and properties in Benue undecided

We need to get it right! 2019, Nigerians decides...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by dfrost: 7:01pm On May 18, 2018
FSARS transmission transmitting action to fake naira transmission notes. cheesy grin

IGP don vex. Anybody caught in any crime go hear am cheesy grin. The person will be transmitted sharply to the land beyond.

1 Like

Re: Police Burst Fake Currency Syndicate In Gombe, Uncovers N22m Fake Notes by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 18, 2018
emeijeh:

Use your head
no I mean it's not by force to comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residents Catch Gang Leader Caught Stealing, Put Him Inside Tyre (photos) / Police Arrest Woman For Killing Her Husband In Abia / Student Of Michael Okpara University Umudike Shot Dead By Rival Cult Group(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.