Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti (1016 Views)

EFCC Arrests Eno Ubi-Otu, NDDC Director Of Finance & Accounts Over N25Bn Fraud / Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight / APC Suspends Kayode Fayemi Over Anti-Party Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by engineerboat(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2018
The Elections Transparency Group (ETG) has carpeted President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Ekiti State, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi, over the N25 budget reportedly submitted to fund the July 14 governorship election in Ekiti State.

The ETG, said in a statement in Abuja on Friday and signed by its National Coordinator, Alhaji Kazeem Adekunle, which was made available to newsmen online that such financial huge budget for a governorship election coming from a party that claimed to be fighting corruption is worrisome.

The group said that it opted to react to the report of Dr. Fayemi submission of N25 billion budget for the election haven waited for 48 hours and the report was not debunked, noting that it was worried that the Ekiti State election will be monetized.

It also chided President Buhari for insinuating that the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State was rigged, admonishing the President to always behave like a statesman by acting beyond party consideration.

The ETG said President Buhari and his party must have to explain to Nigerians what special interest they have in Ekiti that will require spending of N25 billion on mere governorship election.

It wondered what the annual income of Ekiti State (both federal allocation and IGR) is to warrant the investment of N25 billion in the funding of election into the office of the State governor.

ETG asked; “If President Buhari can afford N25 billion to fund election in Ekiti State, why not spend just half of the money on infrastructural development of the State?”

The group called on voters in Ekiti State not to sell their votes, advising that whoever that is funding an election with as much as N25 billion was already saying that he was seeking power to loot.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/266487/elections-transparency-group-carpets-buhari-fayemi-over-n2.html

1 Like

Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by MikeBetty(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2018
Pls Electorates, If Any Individual, Group, Or Political Party Give You Money, Collect And Chop Am, Na My Money, Your Money And Our Money. Then Vote Anyone You Know Will Bring About Development And Good Governance. Dont Sell Your Vote. Don't Vote Because Of The Money You Collected, Because It Is Our Stolen Commonwealth. This Is Time To Correct Past Mistakes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by psucc(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2018
Well, know advice is as potent as the resolve of the Ekiti people. Government earmarks N25b for guber election in a state with less than N5b monthly allocation. This is so curious.

I hope it is not done with an ulterior motive, like adding Ekiti to the list of Kogi and Benue?

1 Like

Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by kurt09(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2018
No comment. Brb
Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by Nobody: 1:24am On May 19, 2018
Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by Jirate(m): 4:40am On May 19, 2018
The ETG said President Buhari and his party must have to explain to Nigerians what special interest they have in Ekiti that will require spending of N25 billion on mere governorship election.

Let Just Say APC Has Gone Crazy Since 2015, They are Simply Irredeemable. cool

1 Like

Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by yarimo(m): 4:44am On May 19, 2018
But I thought ETG is a responsible group , reacting on rumours and imaginations. Mtcheeew
Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by Front0line: 4:57am On May 19, 2018
I know fit laugh abeg.

I wan see wetin Ipob Fayose n PDP go do once rigged out of the election. I do not even want APC to win. I want the election rigged as obvious or even more than what Fayose did. I need to see the worse of Ipob PDP n Fayose put together.

If APC can have Ondo with the ease it did this one na walkover.
Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by deltaisgreat: 5:34am On May 19, 2018
I believe that money #25b is to settle the INEC officials, security agents and some other rigging champions in the state not the voters because they don't have hope in the voter since APC and Their candidate fayemi are popular in Ekiti state. Later fayemi will pay back from looting Ekiti dry and then as loyalty demands, give cattle colony to the FOOLANINI people and also Emirates in the state at large. I believe they have a grand plan for investing such money in Ekiti state . So is all left for EKITI people to accept money today and in tomorrow face FOOLANINI guns, knifes and dagger like BENUE , KOGI and TARABA people are regretting voting for APC in their states in 2015. Ekiti be WISE and learn from the mistake of BENUE, KOGI TARABA and others. Believe me, that the FAYOSE you know is better than the fayemi who's new evil APC plan you don't know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elections Transparency Group Carpets Buhari, Fayemi Over N25bn Budget For Ekiti by wengerjay(m): 6:21am On May 19, 2018
Hmmmm
I think Fayose used to brag that he will go to sleep once Fayemi is made the Ekiti State APC gubernatorial flagbearer.
It was obvious fayose had been working and scheming tirelessly to ensure Fayemi didn't emerge the APC flagbearer because he knows Fayemi is the only candidate among the APC flagbearerss that has the financial wherewithal to compete with him and the fear that Fayemi would want to unleash the federal might as used by fayose himself in 2014 gubernatorial election.
Fayose set up a Judicial Panel of Enquiry which indicted fayemi of financial misappropriation and banned fayemi from holding any political appointment in the state for the next 10 years all in a bid to stop fayemi from contesting for governor.
The events of the last one week have shown that Fayose has been restless and having sleepless nights since fayemi has been announced the flagbearer of the APC for the coming gubernatorial election with allegations that the APC has concluded plans to rig the election.And the PDP in the state has resorted to propangada to blackmail the APC.
I thank APC for nominating their weakest candidate for the election, if not the Governor would have gone into shock.
For the two Parties, the battle has just begun.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Babatunde Fashola And Kemi Adeosun / NASS: Common Enemy Of Democracy / Hilarious!! See What Happened After Vice President Osinbajo Met With Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.