Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike (1014 Views)

Messi's Set Of Game-worn 2022 FIFA World Cup Jerseys Draws $5.2M Opening Bid / New Nigeria Football Kit From Nike - How Would You Rate This? (Photos) / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by nex(m): 6:13am On May 19, 2018
Nike disclosed on Thursday, that it had received over 3 million orders of the Super Eagles new World Cup jerseys for Russia 2018.

At a meeting with chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation at its Europe headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands, the sportswear behemoth also used the opportunity to announce that the much-anticipated release of the Super Eagles new World Cup jerseys into the global market would happen on Tuesday, 29th May, at unit cost of $85.

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick attended the meeting in company with NFF 2nd Vice President/LMC Chairman, Mallam Shehu Dikko, who is also Chairman of the NFF Marketing, Sponsorship and TV Rights Committee. Nike’s Vice President/General Manager for Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Matthus Visch was in company with Sales Director, Mr. Wouter van Olm.

Both organizations used the opportunity to appraise their running partnership agreement, signed in London three years ago, and while both expressed satisfaction with the contract performance, the imperative of penning a new, improved contract was high on the agenda.

“The meeting was at the instance of Nike. The company’s representatives at the meeting expressed delight with the performances of the various National Teams since they came on board and we both agreed that it was time for a much bigger contract. That would be actualized very soon.

“The new Super Eagles’ jerseys will be released into the global market, including several Nike shops across Nigeria, on 29th May 2018, just before the Eagles fly out to London for the friendly match against England. The cost would be $85 for one,” Dikko told thenff.com.

In the three years of Nike’s initial sponsorship agreement with the NFF, the U17 National Team (Golden Eaglets) have won a fifth FIFA U17 World Cup; the U23 National Team (Olympic Eagles) have won bronze at the Men’s Olympic Football Tournament; the Senior Women National Team (Super Falcons) have won an eighth Women Africa Cup of Nations; the Super Eagles B have achieved a record runner-up position at the African Nations Championship and; the Super Eagles have qualified for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup (Nigeria’s sixth appearance) from a so-called ‘Group of Death’ in the African series.

“In our discussions, we explored a lot of possibilities going forward. We talked about the forthcoming FIFA World Cup finals in Russia and the preparation of the U20 girls (Falconets) for this year’s FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup in France, among other issues,” Dikko added.

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/nike-super-eagles-new-world-cup-jerseys www.thenff.com
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by Oladipo1166(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2018
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by Alejoc(m): 8:12am On May 19, 2018
Owing the original version will be a proper status symbol for them yahoo boys who needs every opportunity to shows us they are bigger boys.

Living and breaking your back to earn measly naira will and can lock you down from seeing the world as it is. I wanna be a citizen of the world.....we are held against our wish in Nigeria..... Lemme escape and decide to come back or live here on my own terms...

In the words of Marc Anthony........

I wanna be free
And live without warning
I wanna finally see
What it's like on the other side
I wanna be free
'Cause a new day is dawning
I wanna be me
I wanna show the world I'm alive
I wanna be free
And live without warning
I wanna finally see
What it's like on the other side
I wanna be free
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by nex(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2018
Alejoc:
Owing the original version will be a proper status symbol for them yahoo boys who needs every opportunity to shows us they are bigger boys.

A lot of people have already bought the fake. Virtually all the big boys strolling around in the new Nigeria Super Eagles jersey today are wearing fakes, and the fakes are so well made, I believe it will be hard to tell apart from the original.
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by CSTR1003: 1:13pm On May 19, 2018
Not bad

The NFF is becoming commercially viable .
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by Triniti(m): 1:47pm On May 19, 2018
nex:

A lot of people have already bought the fake. Virtually all the big boys strolling around in the new Nigeria Super Eagles jersey today are wearing fakes, and the fakes are so well made, I believe it will be hard to tell apart from the original.
you are spot on! I equally got the fake too and it was made in Thailand, the quality is so good that it will be hard to detect the real and the fake. I think nff and Nike wasted so much time in lunching this jersey.

1 Like

Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by nex(m): 10:33am On May 20, 2018
CSTR1003:
Not bad

The NFF is becoming commercially viable .

The shirts are not yet available for sale though. People are selling millions of fake jerseys all over the place, including online. I've even seen an AD on Nairaland.
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by nex(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2018
Triniti:
you are spot on! I equally got the fake too and it was made in Thailand, the quality is so good that it will be hard to detect the real and the fake. I think nff and Nike wasted so much time in lunching this jersey.

I'm also contemplating getting the knockoff version. I can't wait till 29th just to wait again for delivery of something that's about the same.
Re: 3 Million Super Eagles New World Cup Jerseys Ordered From Nike by engrsyer(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2018
How can I get the home jersey from Nike direct?

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Letter A Wife Sent To Her Husband Before The World Cup / Both Teams To Score This Sunday 23odds / Is It An Insult To Call A Black Man By His Skin Color

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.