Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) (1377 Views)

Escape To The Wild: My Camp Experience In Taraba State - A Sunday Funday Adventu / My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) by chubbyG(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2018
What you are about to read is entirely my experience and opinion and has nothing to do with NYSC officials.
In the early hours of Monday 16th April 2018, I received a "distress" call from my course mate.
Course mate: Baba u still dey sleep?
Me: Omo na your call wake me up o
Course mate: u Don check yours??
Me: Check wetin?
course mate: NYSC Don kill me, my village people Don get me, I no know who I offend for my village,..Dem post me go Nasarrawa..
Me: Nasarrawa.....chaiiiiii!!!...
Shortly after we dropped the call.
My phone was around 6%, but I was curious to know where I was posted to, thinking about when light will be restored and then like a hunch I asked myself
-Why do they make batteries ??
I replied myself
So they can die, I cannot come and kill myself.
Opened my Google chrome, checked and Ka boom!!! I was posted to Lagos. Although, I "influenced" my posting to Lagos I still felt relieved because they were others who tried to influence but did not succeed.
So finally, I am a Lagos Kopa. I had just 3 days to prepare, everything happened so fast and it was Thursday the 19th..
I left home 8:12 am like the camp is my father's house, reached Iyana Ipaja (Camp) past 12, the whole thing seemed normal ,
The checking of bags at the gate
The checking of Call up letters
The checking of contrabands
Allocation of rooms where I met the best room mates in camp., some staff called our room, "Powerful Room 40", a very troublesome Room.....
All was still normal until I head to the registration hall.
THE BEGINNING OF MY DRAMA
The hall was well arranged, schools were grouped according to their geo political zones.
Went to the North-central Desk (schooled in the North Central)
The conversation ensued.
Me: Good afternoon Ma
Aunty North Central: Bring your original certificate and your call up letter, handed it over to her
Mrs. North central: why is there an omission in one of your names?
Me: looking dumbfounded, can you not see my email, phone number and passport on my call up and certificate? (So i thought to myself)
I replied Ma, the remaining two names are mine...(thinking the omission is not much of a deal).
Aunty North Central: Go and meet that woman on the yellow vest, pointing towards the woman.
Well, ladies and gentle men, I nicknamed this woman Super woman, I duff my hat for her. She is the Head Of Registration.
There were so many people she was attending to (people like me who had one issue or the other), I was number 17 on the queue, so you can imagine how stressed she is already.
It got to my turn, looking at her she looked already stressed explaining over and over again to people how they should go about solving their issues.
Aunty super woman stood her grounds that all our issues must be corrected by our various schools before she allows us to Register, stressing the fact that NYSC organized seminars and all the schools sent representative, that these representatives were fed, lodged and taken care of. So, she does not expect them to make same mistakes they have been making.
She deserve Some accolades!!!

I thought my case was small, just an omission?, it can be done in a giffy. Well, brethren from giffy to 4 days without registering.
I wrote a mail to my school- No reply
Called my Dean-He did not pick.
Thursday is gone already. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) by abdulhadi101(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2018
Had the same issue too, during the registration of the Just conclude camp.... My case was the option on my course , on my call up letter it was Electronic and telecommunications, on my certificate it was just telecommunications, i explained tire that that is how my school writes it. To minimise space.... Call my other course mate from other camp, dey told me dey have done their registration already without isssue, but my was kano camp, different...to cut the story short, It took 5 hours before i was finally register.... How i got registered was a miracle sef, i went back to the registration man, and kept praying he doesn't send me back again... He starred for minutes before finally signing and acknowledge it..
Re: Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) by chubbyG(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2018
Very Early on Friday , I called my friend in school he should help me go to the Dean of student affairs to complain. At exactly 9:15 am he said he was at the office, shortly after I got a call from him, it was the NYSC official that wanted to speak with me.
After explaining everything to him, he told my friend to wait outside the office that he will do it .
Oga NYSC official kept my friend waiting for over 5 hours, I was already worried and tired in camp, how can this man treat me like this?.
Later that evening I got a call from the man saying "there was no light" so he could not work, I felt like dying .....Nigeria will not kee me.
We(my registration issues family and I grin ) were told we had grace till Saturday evening to do our registration. End of Friday Not still registered angry

Saturdays are not working days but for me to register I had to pull strings as Oga NYSC official told nw he is out of town and he can not do much as Saturday are free days....see me see wahala o undecided ...on top your own job.
I called a friend that I know knows so many people people and gbam. I got an angel number. This angel (my friend friends mother) works in the senate.
I explained everything to aunty angel and told her Oga NYSC official said he can't do anything today.
Aunty angel called Oga NYSC official and plead on my behalf that he should go to school and do what he should.
Ohhhhhhh...I did not tell you people
WE couldn't participate in camp activities , other people where on their whites and we are still putting on mofties. It was a taunting experience mehn... angry
We felt like out casts.
We couldn't collect food (no meal tickets)
No platoon for Us
Some of us left for their various houses that Saturday, the frustration was too much. Saturday came and went -Not Registered yet.
The grace for registration was shifted to Monday.

Sunday came, for the first time I slept well, no 4:30 disturbance by Man O'war.
My registration issue brother and room mate was all dressed and in the mood of worship , I looked at him from my bed all exhausted and told him "pray for me too" - I continued my sleep.
Some hours later my registration brother came looking all mushy mushy and happy that he has prayed and I should not be worried that we will register the next day. Sunday gone not still registered.
On Monday I arranged my bags ready to be sent some, I Don try nothing is working. The name omitted in my dashboard is yet to appear ....the whole stress was tiresome.
Later that Monday Oga NYSC official sent me pictures that he has done all the corrections from my dashboard and that why it is yet to reflect on NYSC portal he doesn't know. He also sent me the letter he sent to the NYSC mail.
I felt a little relieved and happy that at least I have some good news.
Monday was really busy for us that had registration Issues
Some left during the weekends for their various schools to do the correction themselves and returned that Monday
Some left the camp feeling nothing could be done as the NYSC official in their school is either unresponsive or school is on break.
Some sent people to NYSC HQ to hasten up the rectification of their issues.
Meanwhile my registration issue brother already sent someone to NYSC HQ to help me with his and....around 4 pm his names were reflecting on his dashboard.
Ahhhhh, brother you should've sent my details to this person so mine could have been done together with yours..I said
He replied saying he never knew it would be done successfully...
Well I guess Las Las it is every Mallam to his Kettle.
The crowd has reduced...
We were very few that our names has not reflected on our dashboard.....
Then shortly after we were informed portal for registration has closed.. embarassed embarassed
We pleaded that our school has done what is required that we do not know what to do again......
Then madam HOR aka aunty super woman just like a mother had a soft heart for us, she placed a call to her boss in Abuja (time: past 900pm), pleading on our behalf that the portal should be reopened for us to register.
And like a dream within 45 mins , (what took me almost 4 days and i could not still do it) the corrections reflected on our dashboards, we printed and registered. Time: lights out.
So that was it .....I reported in camp on Thursday afternoon, registered Monday night.
It was not a nice experience, but it was that kind of experience one needs to learn how important simple details can be.

Cc: Ogbeche 77
Crazy man
Seun

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) by chubbyG(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2018
abdulhadi101:
Had the same issue too, during the registration of the Just conclude camp.... My case was the option on my course , on my call up letter it was Electronic and telecommunications, on my certificate it was just telecommunications, i explained tire that that is how my school writes it. To minimise space.... Call my other course mate from other camp, dey told me dey have done their registration already without isssue, but my was kano camp, different...to cut the story short, It took 5 hours before i was finally register.... How i got registered was a miracle sef, i went back to the registration man, and kept praying he doesn't send me back again... He starred for minutes before finally signing and acknowledge it..

He he just 5 hours
Mine was 4 days
Lagos camp!!!
Re: Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) by Tapout(m): 12:13pm On May 20, 2018
chubbyG:

hahaha.. As soon as I saw lagos camp, I knew op must be someone I know. Decided to check dp and ofcos its a familiar face. Bro how far?? Send me ur number asap. grin cheesy cool
Re: Nysc Registration Issues (my Camp Experience) by chubbyG(m): 12:25pm On May 20, 2018
[quote author=Tapout post=67718304]
hahaha.. As soon as I saw lagos camp, I knew op must be someone I know. Decided to check dp and ofcos its a familiar face. Bro how far?? Send me ur number asap. grin cheesy cool[/quote
guy its not an experience I wish for anyone.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Batch A 2015 Cancelled? / An Open Letter To The NYSC Director-general / Hilarious Picture Of What NYSC Head Count Caused!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.