Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly (786 Views)

Flashing D4 Light In my Honda Baby Boy Car / How Much Does It Cost To Get A D4 Engine For A Toyota Nadia? / Maintenance Required Light Blinks For Some Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by Izychi: 7:01am On Apr 09, 2022
Good morning house.

My Honda (baby boy) always has it's D4 light blinking almost constantly. I've taken it to gearbox electrician. He's done all he knew to do to gearbox electricals, yet the problem wasn't solved.

It was suggested to me I change/check the brain box. I've done that, didn't solve the problem.

And it's not as if the gearbox's fibre has spoiled, because it was checked too.

So, pls anyone knowledgeable should help a brother. The thing is even making my car guzzle so much fuel (especially when the AC is on).

Thanks in anticipation for your advices/suggestions.

Note ; I changed the gearbox July 2021.
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by femarse: 8:00am On Apr 09, 2022
How is the changing of gear.... is it smooth or harsh?have you scan ?
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by buygala(m): 8:54am On Apr 09, 2022
Izychi:
Good morning house.

My Honda (baby boy) always has it's D4 light blinking almost constantly. I've taken it to gearbox electrician. He's done all he knew to do to gearbox electricals, yet the problem wasn't solved.

It was suggested to me I change/check the brain box. I've done that, didn't solve the problem.

So, pls anyone knowledgeable should help a brother. The thing is even making my car guzzle so much fuel (especially when the AC is on).

Scan

If your OBD port don spoil, sell vehicle to unsuspecting buyer before it ruins you
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by Conner44: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
Izychi:
Good morning house.

You’d better keep driving your car like that If the blinking D light is the only thing bothering you about the gearbox.
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by Izychi: 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
femarse:
How is the changing of gear.... is it smooth or harsh?have you scan ?

The gear selects smoothly o.
Yes, I've scanned, but the scan couldn't detect anything.
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by Izychi: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
Conner44:

You’d better keep driving your car like that If the blinking D light is the only thing bothering you about the gearbox.

But it's making the car to drag. And it's making my fuel consumption almost doubled...
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by Izychi: 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
buygala:

Scan

If your OBD port don spoil, sell vehicle to unsuspecting buyer before it ruins you

I had tried scanning, the guy couldn't get any result. I wondered why. Someone said its an old modeled car. 2000 model.
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by buygala(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
Izychi:

I had tried scanning, the guy couldn't get any result. I wondered why. Someone said its an old modeled car. 2000 model.

2000 model Accords have a functional OBD2 port... unless yours is faulty... In which case sell vehicle because trial and error repairs will run you down
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by nurey(m): 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
Izychi:
Good morning house.

When gearbox is faulty first thing to check is the fluid, is it gauged or dirty. If dirty drain and replace with OEM fluid.
Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by emy77: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
I used that car for almost 4years...solid, reliable, fuel efficient ride.

I don't think your gear is selecting. You would feel it is but Honda has a limp mode for the gear system, where it goes from 1 to 2, and helps you get home. But you hardly can go beyond 60km/hr. That explains the drag and bad fuel economy.

It may be your solenoids are bad, or you just replace the gear. It's cheap

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Izychi:
Good morning house.

What tranny fluid do you use? This is where you should start your 'journey'.

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly by femarse: 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
Izychi:

But it's making the car to drag. And it's making my fuel consumption almost doubled...

The D will blink when oil is low or bad , shift solenoid is bad , try using D3 and see ic that will also blink

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Car For Bolt In Lagos / Shuttle Bus Auto / 2013 Toyota Camry Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.