Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid (3794 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / Why Do Muslims Smoke Nicotine And Substances That They Avoid In Alcoholic Drinks / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2018
spartan117:

Now we are getting somewhere!!
You see the Father is so loving and kind that he has told us to ask for anything, just like any responsible father he won't give you anything that would harm you.

AMP:For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it]. Mark 11:24

He also told us to completely rely on him:

AMP:Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 1:5
all this story cos you cannot explain why you dont follow the simple instruction of your jesus
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by killsmith(f): 1:33pm On May 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THESE PEOPLE DON'T REALLY PRACTICE WHAT THEY CLAIM TO BELIEVE.
the only commandment christians Obey is "thou shall not kill".
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2018
killsmith:
but they can involve themselves in indirect killings, like embezzlement of funds that can save lives

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by spartan117(m): 1:41pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
all this story cos you cannot explain why you dont follow the simple instruction of your jesus
I don't claim to be perfect, no man is perfect only God is. There are some instructions which he gave me which I still sometimes fail to follow just like sons sometimes disobey their father.

However if peradventure I find myself in this situation, he has already told me what to do!

KJV:For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
KJV:Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2018
spartan117:

I don't claim to be perfect, no man is perfect only God is. There are some instructions which he gave me which I still sometimes fail to follow just like sons sometimes disobey their father.

However if peradventure I find myself in this situation, he has already told me what to do!

KJV:For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
KJV:Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16
good. Thanks for admitting you are a disobedient follower
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by spartan117(m): 1:55pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
good. Thanks for admitting you are a disobedient follower
I'm honest to myself and to my father!
That is why I can still boldly walk into his presence to obtain mercy and find 'grace to help me become better'

The more I learn about the fathers love the more I keep his commands, the more perfect Christian I become by walking and basking in his love greatly.

A righteous man sometimes make mistakes, but he's able to get back up because of God's righteousness in him.

AMP:For a righteous man falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked are overthrown by calamity. Proverbs 24:16
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by spartan117(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2018
Gboyee4fun:

shocked what concerns you? Did my Jesus complain to you? Mr hypocrite
How will you be able to show them the truth and bring them to christ if you keep using language like this. Or what exactly is your aim here?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by sonofthunder: 3:09pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
be specific, your last birthday or whatever, did you invite the lame, poor and blind? Or ur friends and family? Let us start from there
I can't remember ever celebrating my birthday... I beg you, stop killing yourself with this your bigoted argument.

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by CAPSLOCKED: 3:36pm On May 21, 2018
killsmith:

EXPLAIN:
1. JUNGLE JUSTICE.
2. RITUAL AND CULT KILLINGS.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

I can't remember ever celebrating my birthday... I beg you, stop killing yourself with this your bigoted argument.
lol. I see you are out of gas.

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Image123(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
i guess you are wiser than jesus that asks you to do this right? Lol.

I see you still can't read properly.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Image123(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

EXPLAIN: 1. JUNGLE JUSTICE. 2. RITUAL AND CULT KILLINGS.
Christians don't engage in such practices, stop derailing.
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 4:44pm On May 21, 2018
Image123:

I see you still can't read properly.
Lol. So far have u answered my question?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Image123(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:

Lol. So far have u answered my question?

Yes, you sure must have read me say "we don't do our alms to be seen by confused people."
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2018
Image123:

Yes, you sure must have read me say "we don't do our alms to be seen by confused people."
and then jesus must be stvpid to ask you to invite poor people to your birthdays, weddings, launcheons etc instead of gathering friends right?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by sonofthunder: 5:23pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
lol. I see you are out of gas.
no sir, you are the one making baseless and futile assumptions eg. sonofthunder celebrates his birthday, Christians don't invite the less privileged (crippled, poor, orphaned) to parties. like I said, stop kill yourself. the fact that you was never a perfect Christian do not mean others are wallowing in imperfections.

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 5:46pm On May 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

no sir, you are the one making baseless and futile assumptions eg. sonofthunder celebrates his birthday, Christians don't invite the less privileged (crippled, poor, orphaned) to parties. like I said, stop kill yourself. the fact that you was never a perfect Christian do not mean others are wallowing in imperfections.
you have been unable to absolutely tell us the past events you have hosted in the past and those you invited. You are just being half smart with all these evasive tactics

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
na u sabi if you like call him your dog. Afterall you are the ones giving jesus comands today, not you following his commands. 'jesus kill my enemies' 'jesus give me money' 'jesus provide for me'

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by sonofthunder: 8:24pm On May 21, 2018
HardMirror:
you have been unable to absolutely tell us the past events you have hosted in the past and those you invited. You are just being half smart with all these evasive tactics
back at you.

Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Image123(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2018
HardMirror:
and then jesus must be stvpid to ask you to invite poor people to your birthdays, weddings, launcheons etc instead of gathering friends right?

What part of "we don't do our alms to be seen by confused people." don't you understand?
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by HardMirror(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2018
Image123:

What part of "we don't do our alms to be seen by confused people." don't you understand?
what part of "how many of your ceremonies and parties do u invite only the poor" dont you understand
Re: Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid by Image123(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2018
HardMirror:
what part of "how many of your ceremonies and parties do u invite only the poor" dont you understand

There you go again trying to mirror/mimic me without being original. i understand every part of your question and I have responded by stating that we don't(or for better simpler understanding), i don't do my alms to be seen by people like you.

Messiah Was Born In September Not December!! / What Are You Afraid Of As A Christian? / The Sinday Thread