Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 (20029 Views)

NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos / Miyetti Allah: We Plan To Attend Amotekun Public Hearing On Monday / Reps Pass Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by deafeyez: 12:21pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na today?
Estimated billing is part of us.
We have accepted it for so long.
So why criminalize it?

Oloshos charge us for overnight action even when we don't use more than 15minutes of the airtime.

Someone dropping at Onitsha still gets to pay the same fee as someone dropping at Owerri in a bus from Lagos.

We pay the same rate monthly for DSTV irrespective of the number of Channels we watch or how long we watch it.

Sadly, Nigeria can never be metered.

That is why we need to change, not the one of APC o grin

So to criminalize these people including you if u are into such practice.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Camberlo(m): 12:23pm On May 20, 2018
Hon. Gbajabiamila is a good representative, because last I checked on some projects executed by him was a solar power into households in a constituency he represented.

Each household with 2batteries, PV panel, inverter and bulbs.

Unlike some members that commission a Single pole as a project.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Maket: 12:29pm On May 20, 2018
bloggerXp77:
keep on marketing this trash. This girl is innocent, you only transmitted and doctored the film.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 20, 2018
Sarkin:
THOSE OF YOU SPREADING AND MOCKING THE VIRAL VIDEO OF OUR BELOVED IGP SHOULD Be WARNED.

I WILL REPORT ANYONE I CATCH TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION.

IPOB DOCTORED THE VIDEO TO BRING A GOOD MAN DOWN.

The IGP Is a uneducated buffoon

12 A allson cresent Parkview ikoyi

1 Like

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:40pm On May 20, 2018
yeyerolling:
The discos are in a sorry state. The owners are using intercompany/sister companies to move funds cos of the impending doom in the sector. Disco dey owe CBN, banks and NBeT and they cant pay. Customers are owing discos and wont pay either. How do i know this- i worked for one of them cheesy. Mr femi step aside let anoda man con chop.

How do you mean
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by verygudbadguy(m): 12:42pm On May 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
This is a commendable one

I think our democracy is speedily evolving
Our distribution company's reluctance meterise all customers requires a resilient approach from Nigerians
True. They have milked us enough.
I wrote them one time and attached evidences, I was surprised that they deducted 57,000 from my bill. I thought they listened but they didn't. I started receiving crazy bills again. I have started with them again. They said they were gonna come check the appliances I use.

This month, they served me 14k for a 2-bedrm. I have gotten an average of 11k for the last 6 months. While other occupant who stay in 3bedrm with a shop as addition and whose meter is being read accurately get 5k and below. Isn't that craziness?
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Alejoc(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2018
Prison term awaits power holders!
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Ofunaofu: 12:50pm On May 20, 2018
In Nigeria Laws are not the problem.
In fact the only one remaining is the law that ask you to obey other laws

1 Like

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by awoofawoo: 12:51pm On May 20, 2018
Thou shall never see...

The light of the day.....

Till Darkness comes forth!

To claims the due.....

So said the three sisters of the wind.....

From where-hence the wind groan with birth pain.....

Tearing all mortals asunder.....

Leaving Orphans and Widows.....

With tearful eyes.....

Mothers tell your son, tell your daughter.....

-Culled from within
2018 grin

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by NeeKlaus: 12:51pm On May 20, 2018
benniali:
Anyone know more about
www.Donnieallen. and his betting tips and if they really are fail proof?
Mumu. We are talking about something important here and you are busy advertising your blog. Someone will just come and post a link to his blog, expecting people to click it. undecided
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Horus(m): 1:03pm On May 20, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOfEqjbzcE

Representatives move to criminalize estimated billing system
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by seguno2: 1:07pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na today?
So why criminalize it?

Oloshos charge us for overnight action even when we don't use more than 15minutes of the airtime.

Someone dropping at Onitsha still gets to pay the same fee as someone dropping at Owerri in a bus from Lagos.

We pay the same rate monthly for DSTV irrespective of the number of Channels we watch or how long we watch it.

We are charged monthly Card maintenance fees whether we use our cards or not.

Nigeria can never be metered.
Because Nigeria thrives on exploitation

Are you not one of the people who make up Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by banio: 1:07pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na today?
So why criminalize it?

We are charged monthly Card maintenance fees whether we use our cards or not.

Nigeria can never be metered.
Because Nigeria thrives on exploitation

Just wondering if Oloshi could be billed rightly. That means we would pay per press up. If Mr A did 60 press up, he would pay #600. If Mr B does 45 press up, it will be #45. That means one minute men would be very happy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by badesco(m): 1:08pm On May 20, 2018
Good one for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by owenseddies: 1:37pm On May 20, 2018
ikbnice:
The worst is no matter what, the illegal billing will. still continue. Nigeria is a lawless country.
The law should also contain provisions,steps to betaken by consumers when the discos disobey the law
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:38pm On May 20, 2018
if this bill sees the light of the day,it will solve so many bottle necks of corruption and illegal extortion by to the discos...
we need thie set of representatives with human feelings and pains...
but my fear is total implementations and execution of this bill ..most corrupt sector in Nigeria is the power sector..
God bless this man
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by naptu2: 1:42pm On May 20, 2018
Send in your memoranda.

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 20, 2018
Wow! This would be cool, I just heard I got a bill of 15 k meanwhile my neighbor who uses meter is still on 5 k since 3 months and he has more appliances than me.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by ak22(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2018
Nice move .Imaging my meter has been disengaged since last 3 months but my bill keep on increasing for these months that have not been using it ,but funny things is that my present bill for this month which is out of the months is #15,000 for electricity that I didn't use ooooo . Egbami ooooo
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by ikbnice(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2018
owenseddies:

The law should also contain provisions,steps to betaken by consumers when the discos disobey the law
We all know that the irrational activities of the discos is favoring some heavy weights in the country. It is not that they are not aware of all that is going on, they just chose to make it continue. How sure are we that those mad dogs will allow the law to take its course.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Ezi39: 2:23pm On May 20, 2018
cryGod bless Femi Gbajabiamila for lobbying his colleagues to end this regime of "crazy bills.". It is a wickedness at the highest order! Those behind the "crazy bills " will not go unpunished.
How can you be sociopathic that you cannot feel empathy to poor Nigerians that are receiving a paltry from their various works and expect to go scot-free.
I look forward to seeing the legislators share the same commitment with Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila. It is one of the best bills I have ever seen.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2018
verygudbadguy:

True. They have milked us enough.
I wrote them one time and attached evidences, I was surprised that they deducted 57,000 from my bill. I thought they listened but they didn't. I started receiving crazy bills again. I have started with them again. They said they were gonna come check the appliances I use.

This month, they served me 14k for a 2-bedrm. I have gotten an average of 11k for the last 6 months. While other occupant who stay in 3bedrm with a shop as addition and whose meter is being read accurately get 5k and below. Isn't that craziness?
This is unbelievable
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by buhariguy(m): 3:07pm On May 20, 2018
mysteriousman:
I pray this sees the light, in thr past estimated bills are issued month end but this days you discover estimated bills get to you by beginning of the month how is that possible, how will a company know what it is going to supply within this period knowing fully well the generation in this country is uncertain plus the challenges of distribution, how will they know if a customer is going to use that much of his schedule for last month is not same thing with this month? This is just theft they are stealing from people
you are wrong.

I also get estimated billing,

The bill you received from the beginning of the month was actually the previous month billing.

2 Likes

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by buhariguy(m): 3:10pm On May 20, 2018
deafeyez:

That is why we need to change, not the one of APC o grin

So to criminalize these people including you if u are into such practice.
this is real change,

With time,
We will be out from PDP evil ways of defrauding us.
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by yommen: 3:13pm On May 20, 2018
mysteriousman:
I pray this sees the light, in thr past estimated bills are issued month end but this days you discover estimated bills get to you by beginning of the month how is that possible, how will a company know what it is going to supply within this period knowing fully well the generation in this country is uncertain plus the challenges of distribution, how will they know if a customer is going to use that much of his schedule for last month is not same thing with this month? This is just theft they are stealing from people

You only get a bill for previous months now!!! Chaii!!!
Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by yommen: 3:16pm On May 20, 2018
mejai:
They should make it a firing squad or Stone to death offense. Ndi ara nepa

I guess meter bypassers and energy thieves should land in hellfire straight!

1 Like

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by StarryV(f): 3:20pm On May 20, 2018
mejai:
They should make it a firing squad or Stone to death offense. Ndi ara nepa
I wish you can be opportuned to work in one of the discos, know the way things are being done, then you will understand what we go tru as Nepa staff and i promise you you will withdraw your statement asap. Ndi Nepa aburo ndi ara. Our customers simply needs sensitization.

2 Likes

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by StarryV(f): 3:24pm On May 20, 2018
mysteriousman:
That's not true my dear. The bill you receive ay the beginning of the month is for the energy consumed the previous month. You see why i said our customers needs sensitization. There are alota things you people to be cleared on.

2 Likes

Re: Public Hearing On Bill To Criminalise Estimated Billing Holds On 5/6/2018 by Sleezwizz: 3:25pm On May 20, 2018
Alejoc:
Prison term awaits power holders!

Lolzz. Na u wan jail them?

Funny enough, all this useless politicians bringing up this laws are major SHAREHOLDERS in the DISCOS..

Politicians are the ones milking the masses...

Who owns the DISCOS?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Election: INEC Cancels 149,576 Votes / '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ / Shehu Sani: We May Die Before Buhari Completes His Reforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.