Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt (30245 Views)

Femi Adesina: Some Governors Attack Buhari To Escape Paying Salaries, Pensions / Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) / Samuel Ortom: I Have Been Paying Salaries Since I Left APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Sarkin: 3:36pm On May 20, 2018
Exponental:

Who are the people made up of APC?

Not everyone is a saint. That's the answer you need.
But Buhari is trying.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by davidplum(m): 3:37pm On May 20, 2018
kestolove95:
Hrtless gov....not suppressing sha, I egbira people, na dia way, very wicked people that don't HV history...igala or okun should pls take ova DAT state
you need to learn to separate politics from ethnicity. Yahaya Bella will go but the Ebira tribe will remain. Preach love and not hate
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 20, 2018
Monday60655:
After all bra bra here trying to cover up your failures, you end up telling us that past administration borrowed #200m from CBN. But you claim that you pay #400m to #500m every month. How? Enough of these excuses pls. 2019 quiet approaching.
what happened to that part where he mentioned the billions past administration borrowed to fund Kogi hotel or so and the other project too
You skipped it and selected only what you want . Lwkmd
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by yommygift15: 3:41pm On May 20, 2018
were ni man yi sha! so the commissioners and SA's are not part of the payroll, ao come he paid their salary in full? thunder that will scatter him is busy doing press up.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by StarUp: 3:44pm On May 20, 2018
Kogi is in tears because of one man...

#May the sweat and blood of the innocent speak against him.

#May the tears of the widows and fatherless speak against him.

# May his seat reject him.

Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by kamilat03: 3:45pm On May 20, 2018
Let the DG transmit the percentage of the allocation used in paying salaries. And also tell the world what percentages are paid to workers. The truth be told the govt is not in tune with the people. Rented wailers tend to disappoint at the end. I wonder if any of appointees has an afffected relative, would they be bold to say salaries have been up till date?
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by antiv: 3:49pm On May 20, 2018
But you receive salary at the end of every month? Selfish & wicked people. Karma will visit you all.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Sarkin: 3:49pm On May 20, 2018
[quote author=Oritsewhandey post=67722829][/quote]

Ebira ko...
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by YesBoss1(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2018
How about the $12m loan taken by Yahaya Bello's government to purchase cars for his appointees and 100 cars just purchased for Buhari's election next year? This government is by far the most wasteful and wicked since the creation of Kogi State. No wahala, we are waiting for you at polls.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by allanphash7(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2018
You are so rude

Even though if you were raised badly you shouldn't be displaying such bad attitude in the public
ohiku4every1:

As shame as your irresponsible parents

E-diot
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by koxi: 3:50pm On May 20, 2018
These people have no element of shame...
You open your mouth wide to say you can't afford to pay the people who have worked, sweated to make a living.
Some govt officials have no brains, if only they can put themselves in the shoes of these hardworking people then I'm sure they'll realise the pains one goes thru for not being paid.

A nation on reverse gear.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by HarunaWest(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2018
kestolove95:
Hrtless gov....not suppressing sha, I egbira people, na dia way, very wicked people that don't HV history...igala or okun should pls take ova DAT state
Whats your beef with a whole tribe?? Or is your Ex from there?.. Get off your high horse and keep your mouth shut lady... If you cant criticize the topic constructively and you head straight for the tribes jugular, that means you have a fundamental problem woman.

1 Like

Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by bendike: 3:59pm On May 20, 2018
Sarkin:
E-rats don't disturb me. IT IS WHAT IT IS. LET'S PRAY FOR A BETTER NATION.

PDP HAS DONE ENOUGH ROT IN NIGERIA

NO PDP MEMBER MUST EVER ATTAIN EVEN A LOCAL GOVERNORSHIP POSITION.

PDP RUINED NIGERIA AND ALL THE STATES.

BUHARI IS TRYING TO FIX IT, BUT EVIL SETS LIKE IPOB KEEP FRUSTRATING HIM.

THE PEOPLE SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT NIGERIA AND BLASTING BUHARI ARE PEOPLE THAT BENEFITED FROM PDP'S ROT.

HOW CAN BUHARI KEEP WORKING HARD ONLY FOR SOME IGNORANT E-RATS TO SAY CRAP.

#SAI
SAI BABA!
SAI APC!

If I were BUHARI, JONATHAN FOR DEY JAIL NOW.
Otondo
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by ehinja: 4:00pm On May 20, 2018
“When you do a comparative analysis of wages in the North Central geo political zone, Kogi pays the highest and despite that, we have been very faithful,’’ Fanwo said.
Imagine who does he want to do the comparative analysis? You are the one trying to convince us show us the so called figures you have that justifies the statement.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by kestolove95(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2018
ohiku4every1:

May the hottest thunder from the pit of hell strike you to death for mentioning Ebira in general,

Who are U and from where?

If you don't want to be cheated or taken for a fool, you become wicked to some manner less people

I am a complete Ebira guy from Okene Local govt Area of Kogi state, if they born U well, disclose your state and local govt of origin

Idiot
I should mention so u will come and kill mi abi..the only book haram tribe we HV in north central.. Killers
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by ohiku4every1(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2018
allanphash7:
You are so rude

Even though if you were raised badly you shouldn't be displaying such bad attitude in the public

If am badly brought up for defending where I came from, so be it

I am not a bastards, only a bastard will be pointed left hand finger to his or her father's house

I was born and brought up as an Ebira man

I am wholeheartedly proud to be an Ebira person, no regret
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by ohiku4every1(m): 4:04pm On May 20, 2018
Sermwell:

mumu! how is the governor receiving his salary since the state cannot pay salary?
Kai
This one weak me!
Walahi

He should not receive his salary right?, simply coz he cnt pay workers?

Kai, who be ur father sef, I need to report to him,
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by jrusky(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2018
Can't this boy sshhrraapp for God sake? You are given reason why you could not pay salary and you slowpoke God forsaken governor can blew 5billion naira just to recall Melaye but you are given reason not paying salary.

Nothing to say yet all I'm waiting for is the day apc will loose power in Aso Rock oh oh from that day live will be so miserable for these bastards I swear.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by kestolove95(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2018
HarunaWest:

Whats your beef with a whole tribe?? Or is your Ex from there?.. Get off your high horse and keep your mouth shut lady... If you cant criticize the topic constructively and you head straight for the tribes jugular, that means you have a fundamental problem woman.
God4bid, if DAT tin called ebira as a language all men in the world are, i will never marry in ma life..tribes DAT kill without conscience, even d governor HV a killer squad, the only book haram tribe in the north central, same tribe always rob travellers going to lag..ebiras at animals dats y dia ladies are everywhere looking for husband, who won marry wetin go kill am? Or something wet done bleach finish..
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Teenaira: 4:10pm On May 20, 2018
Just a short response, "OLE" , "THIEF"
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by HarunaWest(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2018
kestolove95:
God4bid, if DAT tin called ebira as a language all men in the world are, i will never marry in ma life..tribes DAT kill without conscience, even d governor HV a killer squad, the only book haram tribe in the north central, same tribe always rob travellers going to lag..ebiras at animals dats y dia ladies are everywhere looking for husband, who won marry wetin go kill am? Or something wet done bleach finish..
So your myopic thinking is that ebiras rob passengers on the highway and not fulanis that the governor has clamped down on. The problem with Nigerian youth is the fact that the believe every folktale they are told hook and sinker. For your information, My Dad is Ebira , my mum is fulani, i grew up in lagos state(i speak yoruba fluently,), i served and worked in Umuahia.., (my best friends are ibos and majorly Christians) and we live harmoniously and happy amongst one another. I dont criticize tribes but individuals, you should learn to do same.. its healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by kestolove95(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2018
HarunaWest:

So your myopic thinking is that ebiras rob passengers on the highway and not fulanis that the governor has clamped down on. The problem with Nigerian youth is the fact that the believe every folktale they are told hook and sinker. For your information, My Dad is Ebira , my mum is fulani, i grew up in lagos state(i speak yoruba fluently,), i served and worked in Umuahia.., (my best friends are ibos and majorly Christians) and we live harmoniously and happy amongst one another. I dont criticize tribes but individuals, you should learn to do same.. its healthy.
am a victim Mr man, and I heard dem speaking DAT disgusting language of dias..
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by sulakishop(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2018
Another blaming buhari
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by HarunaWest(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2018
kestolove95:
am a victim Mr man, and I heard dem speaking DAT disgusting language of dias..
How do you know its ebira they spoke?? therr are over 20 tribes in kogi state alone... in kogi central, over 11 different tribes... some even have s semblance to ebira, but they are different... Its rare to see Ebiras become highway robbers.... moreover so that means you hate edo people as well cos the rob along ore road or you hate ibos as well cos they rob along enugh_PH road... stop deceiving yourself young woman evil abounds in tbe the map of Nigeria. just pray for you own safety and that of your people.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by NairaMaster1(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Yahaya Bello is why I believe youths should not be given any opportunity in Nigerian politics.

Donald Duke did it

Fashola Did it

El Rufai Transformed Abuja

Akpabio was less than 50

Y. Bello is no standard. Just tell us you prefer ancients of days to format your destiny.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Obansy112(m): 4:44pm On May 20, 2018
what about bail out fund, parish Refund totalling over 30B Naira...
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by zoedew: 4:44pm On May 20, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Kogi State Government says huge loan servicing is responsible for its inability to pay the salaries of its workers regularly.

Mr Kingsley Fanwo, the state Director-General, Media and Publicity made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lokoja.

Fanwo said that the loans were taken by the two previous administrations for projects that did not add value to the state.

“Sometimes, we repay between N400 million and N500 million monthly as loans that add no value to the state.

“These loans were taken by the last two administrations and some of them were invested on projects that were never completed.

“When you go out, you will see Kogi Hotels, billions of naira was collected for that project and it was not completed, and it is not adding any value to the state.

“Also, the Kogi House in Abuja has gulped billions of naira, yet, it is not completed, not adding any value to the state,’’ he said.

The DG said the previous administrations collected N200 million from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) development, which was not used for the purpose intended.

According to him, rather than using the money for SMEs development, some people just shared the money.

“There is no record of anybody given loan and now we are repaying. So all of these have taken its toll on the resources and finances of the state’’

He said despite the poor resources accruing to the state, the government still strive to pay workers’ salaries.
“We cannot shy away from the fact that the resources that is coming to the state now has dwindled due to the loans we are repaying.

“It is increasingly difficult to muster enough resources to pay salaries regularly.

“As I speak with you, we are still owing March and April salaries,’’ Fanwo said.

He said despite the dwindling resources of the state, the government will remain committed in the payment of salaries even if not as when due.

“When you do a comparative analysis of wages in the North Central geo political zone, Kogi pays the highest and despite that, we have been very faithful,’’ Fanwo said.

The DG denied allegations that workers were being owed 24 months salary.

He said those peddling the falsehood were the people that benefited from the rot in the state in the past.

On bailout funds received from the Federal Government, Fanwo said that they were used to pay workers’ salaries.

He, however noted that the bail out funds were not free gifts.

“The bailout funds were not gifts from the Federal Government, it was more or less a loan, so you have to prioritise what you use your bailout funds for.

“So, we used it basically for salaries and we were the only state in the federation that published how we used that bailout funds.

“Transparency and accountability are the hallmarks of this administration,’’ he said. (NAN)

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-we-are-not-paying-salaries-regularly-kogi-govt/

Will you please be quiet and prosecute those who obtained and misappropriated the loans while not forgetting to recover the stated sums from them. We know how difficult that can be because polibrigands are involved.
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Ayodele1987(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2018
hmmm Oh my God.......fanwo or what did u call ur self u are a liar
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by kolmart: 4:49pm On May 20, 2018
can you hear an irresponsible governor because of loan which was used for their own personal interest was the cause why they can't pay salary regularly? that is stupid
Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by Dandavido: 4:50pm On May 20, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Kogi State Government says huge loan servicing is responsible for its inability to pay the salaries of its workers regularly.

Mr Kingsley Fanwo, the state Director-General, Media and Publicity made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lokoja.

Fanwo said that the loans were taken by the two previous administrations for projects that did not add value to the state.

“Sometimes, we repay between N400 million and N500 million monthly as loans that add no value to the state.

“These loans were taken by the last two administrations and some of them were invested on projects that were never completed.

“When you go out, you will see Kogi Hotels, billions of naira was collected for that project and it was not completed, and it is not adding any value to the state.

“Also, the Kogi House in Abuja has gulped billions of naira, yet, it is not completed, not adding any value to the state,’’ he said.

The DG said the previous administrations collected N200 million from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) development, which was not used for the purpose intended.

According to him, rather than using the money for SMEs development, some people just shared the money.

“There is no record of anybody given loan and now we are repaying. So all of these have taken its toll on the resources and finances of the state’’

He said despite the poor resources accruing to the state, the government still strive to pay workers’ salaries.
“We cannot shy away from the fact that the resources that is coming to the state now has dwindled due to the loans we are repaying.

“It is increasingly difficult to muster enough resources to pay salaries regularly.

“As I speak with you, we are still owing March and April salaries,’’ Fanwo said.

He said despite the dwindling resources of the state, the government will remain committed in the payment of salaries even if not as when due.

The DG denied allegations that workers were being owed 24 months salary.

He said those peddling the falsehood were the people that benefited from the rot in the state in the past.

On bailout funds received from the Federal Government, Fanwo said that they were used to pay workers’ salaries.

He, however noted that the bail out funds were not free gifts.

“The bailout funds were not gifts from the Federal Government, it was more or less a loan, so you have to prioritise what you use your bailout funds for.

“So, we used it basically for salaries and we were the only state in the federation that published how we used that bailout funds.

“Transparency and accountability are the hallmarks of this administration,’’ he said. (NAN)

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-we-are-not-paying-salaries-regularly-kogi-govt/

Re: Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt by allanphash7(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2018
Afi Ebira na
ohiku4every1:

If am badly brought up for defending where I came from, so be it

I am not a bastards, only a bastard will be pointed left hand finger to his or her father's house

I was born and brought up as an Ebira man

I am wholeheartedly proud to be an Ebira person, no regret

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Poster Of Saraki In Port Harcourt, Hours To Convention / Channels TV Accused Of Editing Video Of Interview With Femi Adesina / Nasara James Dabo With IQ In Top 1% Globally: Hailed By Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.