Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Irony Of Christianity (must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irony Of Christianity (must Read) (253 Views)

The Traitors Of Christianity / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society / Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Irony Of Christianity (must Read) by moscobabs(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2018
IRONY OF CHRISTIANITY

Sometime ago, a close associate of mine, a lady wanted to do something for the Lord. She specifically bought a generator and was going to take it to the church we both attended at the time as it was a harvest Sunday.

I carefully pointed out to her that the gesture would be more appreciated if she gave it to a Christian sister who was struggling with a small scale laundry business without a reliable alternative power source. I even reminded her that the church had sufficient alternative power supply. But she wouldn't listen to me. To her, God can only receive her thanks if her gift was directed to the 'church' building and not a church member.

True to my word, the generator was auctioned in the bazaar that followed. Obviously the church didn't need it badly.

You see, same thing that made that my sister insist on directing her gift to the 'altar of God' is the reason why someone reading this post, after service today will drive his car home, empty and alone while waving 'bless you' to the trekking brethren of Jesus Christ, his bloods covenant brothers and sisters.

But if he sees the resident Pastor or regional Pastor going home on foot, that same brother will suspend his life and destiny temporarily just to drive home the man of God. He wouldn't mind emptying his car of his immediate family. His motivation is that at the end, the man of God will bless him or God will bless him more for driving the anointed. And this blessing, he cannot receive if he had driven home ordinary members of the body of Christ.

This is commercial Christianity, a false sense of making merchandise of the anointing.

Let me be more practical with a figure that is well respected as an example. If Pastor Adeboye today at Redemption camp announces that he needs a brand new Range Rover 2018, there would be over 1000 congregants who will line up to meet this man of God's demand immediately. The man behind does not care if the man in front will give same car, he must do it for the man of God. This is wonderful of course, no doubt. But same people who are willing enough to buy Range Rover for daddy GO cannot buy Tokunbo Gulf car for the jobless family man in the church to start a transport business and help his family. Mbanu, doing it for the man of God is more profitable to him.

I could recall this happening regularly in my local assembly while growing up. I saw rich men who could not help the poor around them, making public donations in church, buying cars for pastors and raising buildings for the church single handedly, just to be recognized with titles such as Knight. Yet, the idea that giving to the church or the preacher attracts more blessings than giving to the needy is both false and fraudulent. It is not biblical, product of commercial spirit.

This is the singular reason why you often find some very poor and wretched hungry brethren worshipping God inside expensive and lavishly furnished buildings.

Therefore beloved, let it be known to you that giving is not a native of the church buildings neither is 'God bless you' the exclusive preserve of the men of God. What happened to the words of Christ. 'whatsoever you do to the LEAST of my brothers, that you do onto me....'

If you can do for your Pastor what you cannot do for a brother(who is a member of Christ's family just as the Pastor), then there is something wrong about your motive.

It is imperative to know that God's blessing attached to doing good is same when we do it to our immediate neighbors. In Galatians 6, the Bible provided that the preacher as well as the brethren should benefit from our generosity, not just the preacher alone.

Some on their way to church today will ignore many opportunities to do good, reason simply because the money in their pocket is designated CHURCH OFFERING. Thus, they prefer giving to the God they don't see, while ignoring the God amongst men.

Except for the purpose of bringing it to the church so that it can be distributed amongst the needy, anything that tells you to ignore the immediate need of your bloods covenant brothers so that you can attend to the need of the 'church' or the anointed is not of the Lord. It is a commercial spirit, the same kind of Spirit that Paul cast out of the man who priced his anointing.

Should I talk of wives who honour their man of God more than their husbands or husbands who honour their woman of God more than their wives for same reason of the blessing attached......

Let the willingness and zeal with which we attend to our Papas be same with our neighbors. For we are blessed as much when we do it to the poor and needy around us.

God bless you .
Tosin Oluwatosin

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Song By Ghanaian Gospel Music Artiste[fast Download] / Need For Inner Change / Former Jehovah's Witness Taking On Watch Tower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.