Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. (31573 Views)

5 Cr*zy � S*xual Traditions That Are Still Practiced In Africa � / What Indigenous Practice Do You Think It Should No Longer Be Practiced Nowadays? / How Yoruba Kings Practiced Sex Slavery In Pre Colonial Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Originalsly: 9:53pm On May 20, 2018
Born2Breed:

I don't think its cheap, cos the gallons of kings vegetable oil they use then could cook for a whole village.

Hmmm...are you sure they were cremating the dead?...or baking them?
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by ikemesit4477: 9:57pm On May 20, 2018
Capital No! I don't support cremation because I don't want my ATM to get burnt, am going with it, once I get there to heaven I withdraw all my money, I can't leave my money on earth for anyone to enjoy!
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by jaymichael(m): 9:57pm On May 20, 2018
I hope to be cremated when I die. I know that I am not my body. I am not that which you see. My body is just an envelope equiped to live on this planet. I don't feel cool with the idea of my spirit getting sentimentality attached to place where my body is buried.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Danelo(m): 9:59pm On May 20, 2018
tete7000:

The way your mind works, it seems like you don dey smoke cremated ash tete. cheesy cheesy
Bros! The thing go make brain sha ooo

Imagine say u mud now I come smoke u cheesy cheesy grin

Just think am

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by InvertedHammer: 10:01pm On May 20, 2018
Dboy55:
Cremation is a traditional process of converting the dead body into ashes across the globe. The modern process of cremation has been invented to execute the process into the more depending way. With the use of cremation machines, the dead body is placed into it using mechanical aligners or hydraulic lifters.

Once the door is closed, the flame has been introduced to burn the body. After a certain interval of time, the door is opened to recognize the burning operation so that ashes can be returned to the family members.

Ashes can be planted as trees also .

ADVANTAGES OF CREMATION OVER BEEN BURIED

1:its more cheaper than being buried
2:Due to the high population explosion we are experiencing there will come a time when there will be shortage of land to accommodate the growing population,so cremation helps conserve land that will be used in burying the dead .
3:it makes you forget about the dead eaisly .,

So what do you think nairalandlandes,should cremated be encourage in our dear country Nigeria.
/
Double trouble for sinners?

Burn after death and burn after judgment.

/
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 20, 2018
Danelo:
If we allow that in this part of the world,our youths will use it as a form of getting hi.

@Op imagine say after u r cremated some guys begin smoke u. grin

2pacs ashes was mixed with hemp and smoked by his deluded gangsters.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 20, 2018
mizzytan:
I would love to be cremated when i die. I've always fantasized about it but you know most cultures in Nigeria won't allow it.
fantasize about
cremation?! U re weird ? :- lipsrsealed
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by victorazyvictor(m): 10:04pm On May 20, 2018
dareyyyy:
something is wrong with your brain, so I should leave them to smell?...

you talking like a f00l bro!
someone is suggesting of cremation and yaning gibberish....
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dierich: 10:05pm On May 20, 2018
Meekdon:
2 Pac cremated and his ashes smoked up by OUTLAWZ smiley

you're right.
you must be Tupac fans
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Cyriloha(m): 10:08pm On May 20, 2018
dareyyyy:
Both Islam and Christain Religions do not support it...I can't imagining burning my Mum or Dad.

They are dead menh
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Meekdon: 10:15pm On May 20, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
What about Organ Donation? Why burn the body when you can donate it to someone in need of one body part?

http://www.mortalpoet.com/argument-for-organ-donation/
cool blog smiley
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Meekdon: 10:17pm On May 20, 2018
dierich:

you're right.
you must be Tupac fans
smileyA die hard one WESTSIDE TILL I DIE in 2pac's voice smiley
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2018
Dboy55:
its better than living them to slowly decomposed,be eating up by differrnt organisms we cant imagine .
Cremation is worse compared to the normal muslim burial whchahould be discoraged strongly.

Cremation is worst due to the following reasons:

1.Falling of trees.
Falling of trees or deforestation is being campaigned against by advocate of eco system preservation because falling trees mean more CFC in our planet which results in ozone layer depletion while burying the muslim way result in a eco friendly enviroment than falling of trees of trees for cremation.

2.Carbodioxied intake.
We all know that we inhale oxygen and exhale carbodioxide which is poisonous to our overall wellbeing ,but utilize by plants(trees)because we all know too much carbodioxide in the atmosphere by falling of trees for cremation means less intake of carbodioxide by trees which may lead to disruption in oxygen-carbodioxide cycle and may also cause acidosis caused by too much carbodioxide in the blood stream that may lead to heart maladies and other related health issues unlike burying which adds to the natural eco sytem through nutrient addition as a result of decomposition since the body contains most of the basic elements plants and trees need to grow.

Air pollution.
We all know about the complaints about lack of good air due to industrial activities which means cremation would add to this menace if we were to cremate people at different locations in a place.While burying saves us the burden of trying to make our air cleaner since there is zero pollution of the air.

Land availability.
Do you know the lands that are yet to be inhabited in a place like Nigeria triples the inhabited land including the ones used for burying.
The argument that we will have less lands according to you due to population explosion may or may not be factual due to several reasons which I think should be left for another time and moreover,the lands used for burying can also be re used after some years.

There are more reasons to keep on with burying than with cremation which is alien to us as Africans and moreso, muslims and christians.

These are my little input on this topic.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by felaismyhero(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2018
while i agree with ur no.2 that burial is a waste of land,but i think every church and muslim group having camp grounds or prayer grounds is a bigger waste of land.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by hadjipapiey(m): 10:29pm On May 20, 2018
Explorers:
Cremation, you can't forget about the dead easily because the ash can be used to make jewelries which one can hold on to for a lifetime.

The ash urn can also be kept.

Installation of modern enviromentfriendly Crematorium/furnace can cost as low as $30, 000(₦11million)

Cremation of a body can also cost as low as $1500(₦500k)

In ondo, you can bury with less than 100k including coffin, land, and digging.

Cremation is cool if introduced in Nigeria with modern furnace.

But i don't believe is cheap and saying you can forget your dead easily like op stated.

Most people opt for cremation for their ash to be kept, depending on the last wish of the dead.

SubhaanaLLAH cry
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Offpoint: 10:30pm On May 20, 2018
Danelo:
If we allow that in this part of the world,our youths will use it as a form of getting hi.

lol' like ...adamu wetin you dey smoke? guy na my grandpa. ..dey man dey high me no bi small grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:31pm On May 20, 2018
Have always been fascinated with fire. Cannot abide the thought of moldering underground for centuries waiting for creatures to dine on my corpse. Will be cremated on my death and my ashes kept in an elaborate urn for my descendants to revere.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by NosoChic: 10:34pm On May 20, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
this is the handiwork of too much Bollywood movies you always watch

Nah...I always wanted this from time! I'm more of a Mr Bean fan than any Bollywood ish oh...Don't even understand how people enjoy movies where the lips are not moving in sync with what you hear?

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by smileyoo: 10:35pm On May 20, 2018
Danelo:

lol. such an indept observation, i bet you op's line of thoughts didn't go there.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by dominique(f): 10:43pm On May 20, 2018
Printerscanner:

If you want to burn your parents corpses, you can go ahead. I won't burn my parents. Just know that your children will do same for you so that you can enter hell from earth.

Rofl grin grin grin

Cough ooo cry
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by solayemi(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2018
Danelo:

Were re o. See thought. Guy abeg no burst my tommy with laughter.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by hadjipapiey(m): 10:45pm On May 20, 2018
Wow.. This forum is the largest community you can find all sort of human.

Imagine these ones supporting cremation cry

GabrielYulaw:
Have always been fascinated with fire. Cannot abide the thought of moldering underground for centuries waiting for creatures to dine on my corpse. Will be cremated on my death and my ashes kept in an elaborate urn for my descendants to revere.

Omashe o

jaymichael:
I hope to be cremated when I die. I know that I am not my body. I am not that which you see. My body is just an envelope equiped to live on this planet. I don't feel cool with the idea of my spirit getting sentimentality attached to place where my body is buried.

See another one.. Nativity at it's peak
What does he know

Originalsly:
Hmmm....I'm here to learn......ashes can be planted as trees......ashes can be used to make jewelry . ..so much education here on NL...or is it miseducation?

Open your head and eyes..
You are about to derail

SOPIGO:
If Lazarus in d bible was incremented where would he has been resurrected from? If incremention was a better & Good idea d bible wouldn't have mentioned d dead in d MEMORIAL TOMB.

Mind you cremated or not, every soul shall be raised and called upon for accountability.
Reason wisely

1 Like

Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Afec1000givers: 10:51pm On May 20, 2018
which kin double wahala for deady body be that? hell fire on earth and heaven. imagine turning me suya in presence of wife and children. I no to cremation transmision
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Pharaoh001(f): 10:55pm On May 20, 2018
NosoChic:
I hope to be cremated and a part of my ashes spread on the sea.
I preach a lot about sustainable environments and ecopolis.

Do you know many houses/roads in Nigeria were once former grave yard sites. Your burial ground today may just become the new Shopping mall site tomorrow grin

Your spirit will still be questioned and you shall be in barzakh after death, weather you're a good person or evildoers,you'll get your reward there continuously....And before judgement time, Almighty God, shall call onto Earth and Sea to provide your body(every body in a complete form)....its so easy for him, the way its easy for him turning you from dead sperm to baby.... Allah knows the best..
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by meobizy(f): 10:55pm On May 20, 2018
I once read a thread here on this same topic but more detailed. Sadly that didn't make front page. Oh well, many ways to skin a cat.

I opt for this in place of a funeral. Funerals are expensive and wasteful. I want my ashes blown in the wind and my memory quickly forgotten. Let the living care about the living only.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mutvy: 11:01pm On May 20, 2018
Let cremation starts first with the family of Dboy55 and those who support him.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Suleiman5881: 11:04pm On May 20, 2018
So you want to send your family member to hell fire before judgment dayARE YOU MAAAAD...even after all the good he did on earth you want to burn him with fire...ARE YOU MAAAAD what if he fails to make heaven DAT day and you already send him to hell from here....ARE YOU MAAAAD upon getting there they still still send him to hell fire which will be 2-0.....ARE YOU MAAAAD
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by thatigboman: 11:06pm On May 20, 2018
NosoChic:
I hope to be cremated and a part of my ashes spread on the sea.
I preach a lot about sustainable environments and ecopolis.

Do you know many houses/roads in Nigeria were once former grave yard sites. Your burial ground today may just become the new Shopping mall site tomorrow grin
just like Cemetary market in Aba. It was a former burial ground. The government exhumed the corpses and built a large market there. Bubbling place at the moment.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by mizzytan(m): 11:14pm On May 20, 2018
Oluwanimoduroti:
fantasize about cremation?! U re weird ? :- lipsrsealed
nope.
Re: Why Cremation Should Be Practiced In Nigeria. by Emma4Jesu(m): 11:18pm On May 20, 2018
Best way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CNN Interviews Ooni Ogunwusi In London (Photos) / Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Relationship Between Yoruba Language And Igala Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.