Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure (20921 Views)

Amazing health benefits of abere seed in managing blood sugar levels. / This Drink Is For Increase Of Libido, Premature Ejaculating, Low Sperm Count / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by oladeleabbey(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2018
Pls,can someone teach us the materials needed to make natural zobo and how to make it
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by prityego: 2:44pm On May 21, 2018
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by shilz(f): 5:48pm On May 21, 2018
zobo leaves, ginger, cloves, pineapple skin(opt).... wash them add to a pot of water, grate the ginger. boil,when cool blend pineapple add to it,it acts as sweetner,seive then serve, this is for the natural taste. for artificial sweetner ask for it when buying the zobo leaves,with that theres no need for the pineapple.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 9:59pm On May 21, 2018
oladeleabbey:
Pls,can someone teach us the materials needed to make natural zobo and how to make it
To make Zobo, you need Zobo leaves, Ginger, Cloves (optional), Garlic (optional/not recommended), Pineapple juice (for flavour & sweetness).

For sweetening it, if you are going to keep it for long, don't use pineapple in it at all. Pineapple ferments quickly and will make your Zobo which also ferments if not properly stored to have a bad taste.

Wash Zobo leaves.
Blend or grate other ingredients minus the pineapple and set aside.
Put water in a pot, add zobo leaves and the blended ingredients. (if using pineapple, slice and add into the pot).
Bring to boil. Don't boil at over 100 degrees so you don't lose your nutrients.
Allow to cool.
Sweeten as desired.

N.B we will make a step by step guide of 2 different ways of preparing Zobo in our next post and the reasons why. Stay updated.

For more questions, our contact is in our signature. Feel free to contact us!
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:02pm On May 21, 2018
eyinjuege:
Zobo is good, however if you still have that risk factor contributing to the hypertension in the first place, OYO is your case.
Better still, why not lose that weight first and foremost. Yes, regular exercise and a healthy diet with intentional weight loss can do magic. Cut down on your carbohydrate intake.
How about stop smoking? , How about reducing salt in your diet, and reducing your alcohol intake? If you can stop the alcohol, the better for you.
It is recommended that you consult your physician always. It is good to lead a health conscious life but still, always speak with your physician.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:04pm On May 21, 2018
laraemi:
Yes very effective, i drink it without sugar
That is good. But do you know that there are natural sweeteners that you can use? We will create a topic soon that will address this. Stay tuned.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:05pm On May 21, 2018
selfmadeboss:

Scum don't forget to tell them that zobo is not too good for women. It alters their period
We will create a topic to discuss this. Don't miss it!
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:06pm On May 21, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x41LDygQ2sM
How to prepare Zobo drink (Hibiscus tea)
Thank you for sharing!
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:07pm On May 21, 2018
quentin06:
my zobolicious favorite recipe:

zobo, pineapple bark, ginger infused with a little spirit like johnny walker and ice.

i prefer shaking the mixture by hand , charges you for the day.
Wow!
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:08pm On May 21, 2018
abescom:
how do you deal with the sour taste? I am keen on trying this rather than the stupid meds they give me which has tendency of dropping my bp a level where I will start feeling sicker than when it is high.
You can add dates to sweeten it.

1 Like

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:09pm On May 21, 2018
goldcoinhub:
I have been drinking Zobo consistently for 5 months now....It is today I realised I hav not been tensive like I used to be....Could be this the cause...Wow...am grateful
Please, don't also forget to go for regular checkups, it is important.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by eyinjuege: 10:10pm On May 21, 2018
JodiEnterprises:
It is recommended that you consult your physician always. It is good to lead a health conscious life but still, always speak with your physician.

The first thing any physician will tell you when it comes to hypertension is lifestyle modifications I have mentioned above.
Majority of high blood pressure, diabetes is linked to obesity. Even certain cancers are linked to it. Almost all cancers are linked to smoking.
I never mentioned speaking or not speaking to your Dr in my post btw.
Hypertension shouldn't be managed by a patient on his own, but as a patient you should be part and parcel of your own management as you have the power to control the disease.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:11pm On May 21, 2018
lookingfly:
this is how these doctors would be making noise based on superstitious believe instead of referring someone to their journal where the work has been publish. They will drumming into the ears of diabetics to eat wheat but some research have shown that the sugar content in wheat is even higher.
Research does not lie, however, make sure you go for regular checkups. This is not superstition, nature has blessed us well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:11pm On May 21, 2018
CioAngels:
Can the fresh hibiscus be used?
Yes.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by lookingfly: 10:22pm On May 21, 2018
JodiEnterprises:
Research does not lie, however, make sure you go for regular checkups. This is not superstition, nature has blessed us well.
am not a diabetic OK, only used that as an example. True that nature has blessed us, but how will they proof that this stuff works, is it by hear say or by publishing their work in a scientific journal and let the science world scrutinize and ascertain their claims?
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:23pm On May 21, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
Nigerians refuse to take advantage of this drink to make international recognition in the production of Zobo, despite all its benefits instead they killed the production thereby making it scarce in availability.

Meanwhile
fellow nairalanders
Pls I need any material regarding this topic

An examination of the effect of abandoned property on residential neighborhoods

No dear, Zobo is not as scarce as you think. Also, a lot of work is being done to bring it to global recognition but a major problem is effectively preserving it.
That is one milestone we have been able to achieve at Jodi Integrated Enterprises and we are working at it.

If you are based in Lagos, we do deliveries of our pioneer product, zobICE refreshing hibiscus drink (Zobo) within Lagos. You can place your orders.

Also, we have an eBook on Zobo production, packaging and Preservation for five thousand naira only. The material is very detailed and rich in information. It contains many information including how to scale through government registrations and where to also get production and packaging materials at suppliers prices.

If you are interested, our contact is in our signature.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:25pm On May 21, 2018
justi4jesu:
I like a Chilled Zobo drink with Meat Pie grin
You can order Zobo from us if you are within Lagos. Check our signature for our contact.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:26pm On May 21, 2018
SoapQueen:
Zobo, Kunu and the rest are my top picks.
You can order Zobo from us if you are within Lagos. Check our signature for our contact.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 10:28pm On May 21, 2018
olatade:
i prefer sobo to soft drinks anytime anyday
Zobo is healthy.You can order Zobo from us if you are within Lagos. Check our signature for our contact.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by Rhea(f): 4:21am On May 22, 2018
JodiEnterprises:
Consumption of `zobo’ drink is very effective in the management of hypertension due to its anti-hypertensive properties, says Dr Ochuko Erukainure, a nutritional biochemist.

Erukainure, a senior research officer with the Federal Institute of Industrial Research (FIIRO), Oshodi, Lagos State, disclosed this to newsmen in Lagos.

According to him, `zobo’ drink also known as hibiscus drink also helps in reducing cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes and constipation in the human system.

He said, `Zobo’ drink contains between 15 per cent and 30 per cent organic acids such as: citric acid, maleic acid, and tartaric acid. It also contains acidic polysaccharides and flavonoid glycosides, such as cyanide and delphine.

Furthermore, he revealed that `Zobo’ drink helps to lower blood pressure.

Erukainure also said that drinking a cup of `zobo’ drink after every meal would help to reduce the absorption of dietary carbohydrates and assist in weight loss as zobo contains an enzyme inhibitor which blocks the production of amylase.
According to him, amylase is an enzyme that breaks down complex sugars and starches.

“It is rich in Vitamin `C’ and makes a wonderful herbal remedy to fight off colds and infections as well as help to retain fluid in the body system,’’ Erukainure said.

The senior researcher advised consumers not to add sugar to their `Zobo’ drink so that its natural essence could be well-preserved and not contaminated by other non-natural essences.

Erukainure , however, advised pregnant women against consuming `Zobo ‘drink saying some studies had shown that such could lead to miscarriage.
“Its safety during breast feeding is unknown and, therefore, it is best to avoid `zobo’ drink then also.’’

Erukainure said that patients diagnosed with low blood-pressure should not drink it and if they should, they should consult their doctors before doing so.

#Culled and edited from Vanguard News. Brought to you by Jodi Integrated Enterprises.

What is the proof. Did he conduct a randomized control study to support this hypothesis, or is he just pulling conclusions out of his anu.s?
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by mimiwems(f): 4:28am On May 22, 2018
I love zobo. Even while pregnant I take zobo. My 21month son loves zobo. It is healthy.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by justi4jesu(f): 5:22am On May 22, 2018
JodiEnterprises:

My mum does a very sweet powerful Zobo for us at home, so we don't need to order from outside cheesy
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 9:20pm On May 23, 2018
mimiwems:
I love zobo. Even while pregnant I take zobo. My 21month son loves zobo. It is healthy.
Yes dear, it is.
Re: Zobo Drink Is Effective In Managing Hypertension - Dr Ochuko Erukainure by JodiEnterprises: 9:20pm On May 23, 2018
justi4jesu:

My mum does a very sweet powerful Zobo for us at home, so we don't need to order from outside cheesy
All right dear grin
justi4jesu:

All right dear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Ebola In Ghana - Health Minister / Postpone Your Deaths Till Our Strike Is Over-mortuary Staff Union Tells Ghanains / 49-Year-Old Woman Allegedly Hangs Self In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.