Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State (18261 Views)

Teenage Girls Drugged At Birthday Party, Wake Up While Being Trafficked To Libya / 17-Year-Old Girl From Delta, Trafficked To Mali For Prostitution Is Stranded / Northern Girls Trafficked To Enugu, Raped, Impregnated, Babies Sold - Al-Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by Landforce1: 7:20am On May 21, 2018
No fewer than 100 students of Idogbo Secondary School, Benin, have been trafficked to Libya in the last four months.

This was disclosed in Benin on Sunday during an advocacy programme by the Senior Special Assistant to Gov Godwin Obaseki on Human trafficking and illegal migration, Mr Solomon Okoduwa.

Okoduwa said this fact was disclosed to him by some teachers in the school, concerned about how the institution has become the harvesting ground for traffickers.

Okoduwa said government will not allow the evil to continue to thrive in the state.

Government will step up its campaign against trafficking, he said, and the state Task Force Against Human Trafficking will be on the trail of the human traffickers.

He warned the students to be wary of the antics of the traffickers who are bent on deceiving them into embarking on the dangerous journey.

“Henceforth, report anyone who tells you to travel to Europe. They are simply taking you through Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea and you may eventually end up in Libya.

“The number of students that have been trafficked from your school in this short period is overwhelming.

“The truth is that many of them might have been imprisoned there or facing one challenge or the other.

“Taking the route of Sahara Desert and other illegal routes is hellish.

“Many died of hunger, many were drowned in the Mediterranean Sea in search of greener pastures.

“Worst still, the families of those people that died on their journey were made to pay for the travel expenses, when unknown to them their loved ones have gone to the great beyond.

“If anyone tells you to travel abroad through Libya, tell him or her capital ‘NO’. If you must travel for any reason, travel the right way.”

NAN reports that the state government had received no fewer than 3,400 Libya returnees within the last six months. (NAN)

Source: https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/05/20/100-secondary-students-trafficked-to-libya-from-edo-state/

2 Shares

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by pyyxxaro: 7:56am On May 21, 2018
This man face shaa , e be like who De smoke Milo

When Devil go see this guy face for Hell fire

Devil go run go hide embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by EzendiEgo1: 8:20am On May 21, 2018
Edo Again

Well am not here to cause people to quote me unnecessary.

Below is an advise a friend on Nl gave to me.

[b]
is high time I push women out of my mind Almost all men passed through such crises at one point or another. I used to have a very pretty ex that told me I meant the world to her. If she offends me and I got angry she will even go on her knees to beg me. Then I was financially okay and was living in Lagos, she would visit from me from the East and we would paint town red from Ikeja mall to the cinema et al. I relocated to the East and she even moved in with me as a live in lover, I really loved the girl and was planning on marrying her. However, things turned bad for me financially and was struggling to even eat decently and buying nice clothes became a luxury I couldn't afford. Gradually, this once loving girl turned into a monster and made life miserable for me. Then we broke up and my life literally came crashing. Barely a year after my life hit rock bottom with a very uncommon determination to make it big in life, God opened doors for me again and fortune smiled on me. I can now afford things I can only dream about then. Now she is full of regrets, she left me for my friend who was even married with kids. In trying to validate myself then when she left me, I tried to hook up with some other ladies but they all avoided me like I had Ebola Yet this girl was busy rubbing her series of lovers in my face! Today, all the girls that gave me a cold shudder are now falling over themselves to be with me but I'm no longer interested in them, I only sleep with the desperate ones and drop them like it's hot while I continue to look for my wife.So, op, just hustle like the devil is after you and when you make it, just sit back and watch how they will start flocking around you. Love is dead in Nigeria, it's all about your pocket!
[/b]

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by gaby(m): 10:09am On May 21, 2018
My new book 'Finding Europe Through Africa's Deserts and Seas-The Perils,Triumphs and Karma' , will go a long way at curbing all of these craze for migration through the deserts and seas , and also the present craze for quick money in the guise of fraud or rituals.

My story is a first hand one as experienced by me some 20 years ago. I am presently trying to find the right people to discuss it with and see a way to inculcate this book into our basic educational curricular, if for nothing but to re orientate our youths and down line generations on the dangers of this scourge.

Check out my signature for details on my book

8 Likes

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by HeyCorleone(m): 12:42pm On May 21, 2018
How?

Is the school a boarding school?

Then the school management should be arrested.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by carpmam: 12:42pm On May 21, 2018
Libya again?i thought their Oba did cleansing last year and laid courses on the perpetrators of this act, does it mean that there is no power in his course, and y always edo?

2 Likes

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by Skepticus: 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
cool

O fe tan mi lo Libya, Sakamanje grin
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by lekkan(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
EDO!!!!!!
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by videomerchant: 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
That's sad

Follow my signature to learn how to make 2D explainer videos and sell on fiverr
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by kennieG(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
All Nigeria students should visit this site unimitx. com... Trending on the moment
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by 1stola: 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
This people can never change

Yeye people

Shame!
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
embarassed
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by policy12: 12:43pm On May 21, 2018
The A.C flow where I’m sitting in the Office is too much but I won’t move an inch, maybe God’s testing me to see if I can cope with abroad weather......we die here grin grin grin

I sha kno this Naija is not my home, I am just passing by��

6 Likes

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by Mzyouzee: 12:44pm On May 21, 2018
they were aware... they just spoke after the evil has been done.
welcome to nigeria
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by InteriorDecors: 12:44pm On May 21, 2018
policy12:

The A.C flow where I’m sitting in the Office is too much but I won’t move an inch, maybe God’s testing me to see if I can cope with abroad weather......we die here grin grin grin

I sha kno this Naija is not my home, I am just passing by��
grin grin

Contact us for your home and office furniture
We deliver nationwide

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by HtwoOw: 12:45pm On May 21, 2018
Why am i not alarmed ??

That's their own Boko haram / Dapchi
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by freeborn76(m): 12:45pm On May 21, 2018
ok
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by Oreofepeters: 12:45pm On May 21, 2018
Edo Edo !!!!!! when you people go change, abi when pig Fly?..
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by kpaofame: 12:46pm On May 21, 2018
shocked shocked

These kids need a Pen not a Pen!s

Say No to Human Trafficking
Say No to forced Labour

1 Like

Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by HtwoOw: 12:47pm On May 21, 2018
Their elders will now come and ask Buhari to bail them out , sotay they refuse 100k settlement fees, When they say it's trafficking , i say it's fallacy , those trafficked agreed and their parents provided funds

it's not rocket science
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by KrystosCJ(m): 12:47pm On May 21, 2018
Cut off the head of the serpent!

Look for the person who is sponsoring it who is most likely in government, works for the government or is shielded by someone in government.
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by okomile(f): 12:47pm On May 21, 2018
More will still fall for the gimmicks of good and lucrative jobs in Italy
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by boolet: 12:48pm On May 21, 2018
Thank you Mr. President for bringing Facebook to Nigeria grin
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by Assassin101: 12:48pm On May 21, 2018
"Edo Airways"...., flying innocent Nigerians to Lybia since 1800
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by fluffylarose: 12:49pm On May 21, 2018
May God help the illiterate parents that give away their children to undue slavery and sufferings all in the bit to get survival
Re: 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 21, 2018
Tribe Is Now Fully Launched Today
It's a free platform so you don't have to pay all you have to do on tribe is

*You Ask For It's We Did Its*

*You can Earn 10,000 Monthly*

������������
• *FIRST NEW USERS REGISTRATION GETS N200 Free Airtime*

• You comment you earn
• you share post you earn
• you login daily you earn
• you post you earn
• you invite users you earn

*Only registered users can participate in online games and competition*