Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,132 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Shame! Nigeria's Agf Advises U. S. On How To Extradite Nigerian Citizen - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shame! Nigeria's Agf Advises U. S. On How To Extradite Nigerian Citizen (858 Views)

JUST IN: How Nigerian Govt Tried To Extradite Sunday Igboho - Prof. Akintoye / We Are Now Ready To Extradite Diezani - EFCC / A Lebanese Lady Versus Nigerian Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shame! Nigeria's Agf Advises U. S. On How To Extradite Nigerian Citizen by jeocraig: 10:02am On May 21, 2018
ADVOCACY FOR RULE OF LAW, EQUITY & JUSTICE
SHAME! NIGERIA'S AGF ADVISES U. S. ON HOW TO EXTRADITE NIGERIAN CITIZEN SENATOR KASHAMU
It is true that most human rights activists and organisations have been bogged down by existential challenges, especially as most of the key actors in the human rights community have either become players in our present day democratic space or faced with the harsh condition of daily living.
But, for those of us who see human rights activism and the fight for equity and justice as a calling, we cannot abandon our first love. Even at the risk of losing my life, I cannot condone injustice being done to a fellow human being.
I do not know the man they call Senator Burunji Kashamu. But, when I had the opportunity to read an article about his philanthropic activities, politics and how his opponents have been using his past challenges to taunt and haunt him, I was first moved to tears. Then, I felt a sense of guilt. I felt a sense of guilt because I had stumbled on some documents that could have helped his case but I was nonchalant. The document, which formed the basis of the report that The Punch newspaper published recently, has been in my possession since 2016. I do not have access to the senator and do not wish to. However, I owe it a public duty and a duty to my conscience to release these documents to the public so they could share in my astonishment. If anybody sees it on the internet and decides to draw his attention to it, so be it. The documents show how our own Attorney-General of Federation (AGF) is inviting and practically begging a foreign government to request for the extradition of a Nigerian citizen! And wait for it, a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria! If this could happen to a senator, what hope does the common man have? This was the basis of the report that the Federal Government has requested the U.S. to send a fresh request for the senator’s extradition since the one that was filed earlier had been dismissed by the court. Stripped of all legalese, how right is it for the Attorney-General of a sovereign state like Nigeria to advise, seek or suggest how to take away her own citizen? This is the question begging for answer…See the documents below (They include a letter authorized by the AGF and addressed to the U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria and an internal memo in which the AGF directed his officers to write a letter to the U.S Embassy). Nigeria, we hail thee…Our own dear native land…Help us to build a nation where no man is oppressed…
C.N. OKOLIGWE
National Coordinator

Re: Shame! Nigeria's Agf Advises U. S. On How To Extradite Nigerian Citizen by Kavuki: 7:38pm On May 21, 2018
This is not done anywhere, what kind of people are we in this country? I don't know this man personally but i have been following this case for long. This is a case he won in two different British Courts. How come the law of the land( Attorney General) is now the one begging America to come for him? It is evident that this move has a political undertone.

Halliburton scandal is still fresh in our minds, how many Americans were sent to Nigeria by the then President of the USA? It is high time we stopped being slaves to these world powers. The same America intrude on the sovereignty of Libya and kill Ghadafi because he refused to dance to their tune. The people of Libya are suffering at the moment.

This lawmaker won this case in a foreign land twice and not in Nigeria. How come we are the one begging America Government to come and take away our own man? The masses that stood behind him in 2015 when the NDLEA wanted to abduct him illegally will stand for their man once again. Those that are being used as destructive agents today should know that Kamal is imminent. They shall be rewarded according to their deeds. No wonder we are where we are, those that are supposed to contribute meaningfully to our economy are being wiped away from our land by our own people.
Re: Shame! Nigeria's Agf Advises U. S. On How To Extradite Nigerian Citizen by Kavuki: 8:22pm On May 21, 2018
No sovereign country volunteers to sacrifice it's citizen for whatever reason ONLY in Nigeria. it's not right or unpatriotic for the AGF to do so

(1) (Reply)

Happy Independence As Google Celebrate Nigeria / Make 100k A Month On Party Packs And Back To School Items / Samuel Chukwueze Biography,lifestyle And Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.