Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line (21052 Views)

FG To Construct Coastal Rail That Will Terminate In Onitsha / FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. / US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 10:20pm On May 21, 2018
GabrielYulaw:
The line is not going to the North. So, the powers that be will probably nix it undecided

You are a good Nigerian who knows how Mr. 97% vs. 5% runs the Fulani Republic of Nigeria, FRN.
That was how he pulled the contractor out of the second River Niger bridge for over two years but continued and completed the Abuja-Kaduna railways and the EFCC building in the north.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by kolaaderin: 10:22pm On May 21, 2018
12inches1:
I'm very interested in why a private company would want to invest its own money in a public project in Nigeria without tolling or concession. How do they get their money back. This sounds very bogus for a company founded in 2010.

what do you mean, are you gonna be riding the train for free.
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by obailala(m): 10:24pm On May 21, 2018
12inches1:
I'm very interested in why a private company would want to invest its own money in a public project in Nigeria without tolling or concession. How do they get their money back. This sounds very bogus for a company founded in 2010.
How on earth did you decipher and CONCLUDE on the full details of the plan only by reading that brief sketchy report?

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 10:24pm On May 21, 2018
Hennepin:
Scammers! hope the govt wont fall for this crap. A simple google look up will enlighten you

You na sharp guy.
This is just a scheme by Amaechi, Buhari and APC to steal our money by paying consultancy fees as Amaechi did in Rivers.

CharlesPhc:
Chibike Amechi

The technical consultant River State on monorail project, Arcus Gibbs revealed that he advised former Governor Chibuike Amaechi against continuing with the project.

Managing Director of Arcus Gibbs Nig Ltd, Wiero Viguezang, spoke when he appeared before the Judicial Commission of Inquiry set up by the Rivers State Government to probe the sale of valued assets of the state and other matters

However, Gibbs said his company gave the advice only after collecting N22.9bn from the Rivers State Government since its services were enlisted in March 1, 2010.

While being cross-examined by counsel to the commission, Dr. Zaccheus Adangor, Viguezang, stated that the monorail project was no longer tenable considering the shortfall in the state’s revenue and the inability of its original technical and equity partners, TSI Nig Ltd, headed by the former military administrator of Rivers State, Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo (Rtd.), to fulfil its obligations to contribute 80 per cent of its equity holdings.

He disclosed that the state owes his company N1.1bn for its services.
He also said the company had in a letter to the Rivers State through the ministry of transport, in April, made a six-point recommendation to the Rivers State on how to unbundle the monorail project in such a way that the state government can salvage some financial benefits out of the N33.9bn so far invested in the project. The monorail project was originally estimated to cost about Euros2250m. (Meanwhile if 1 Euro = 222.53 Nigeria Naira, 2250m Euros = 500,684,740,078 Nigeria Naira)
The technical partner had in its sixth point of recommendation suggested to the Rivers State Government to unbundle the monorail project and approach the manufacturers of the mechanical components and rail tracks in Germany and exploit the possibility of reselling components at a lower price to the manufacturers.

He said the company also advised the state government to consider the option of using the monorail facilities for other commercially viable purposes, mentioning the spaces between pillars and surrounding areas of the monorail project, stressing that the area between Azikiwe Road and the UTC axis could be put into very fruitful commercial purpose.
Viguezang also told the commission that his company and the state government had planned to unveil the monorail project last April specifically to mislead the people of Rivers State into thinking that the project, which has gulped N33.9bn, was still on course.

He admitted that his company wrote a memo to the commissioner for transport to arrange the unveiling of the project essentially for media coverage since the project was “technically uncompleted”.

According to Viguezang, “We actually wrote to the ministry of transport in January, to arrange for the governor to unveil the monorail project in April for the attention and coverage of the media based on the expectation of the people of the state.”

When asked to clarify if the unveiling was to deceive the people of Rivers State into believing that the controversial monorail project was ready, Viguezang admitted; “It was to deceive the people into believing that the monorail project was at last ready”.

The managing director, however, stressed that “apart from the media coverage and public attention that it is expected to generate, the monorail was not technically and commercially ready. Only phase 1a within phase 1 of the project was ready. So, there was no way the public would have been able to use the monorail as at April when we asked the ministry of transport to unveil the project to the media”.

Viguezang admitted that the Rivers State government enlisted services of Arcus Gibbs at the cost of N600 million from March 1, 2010 to December 1, 2010, after the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with TSI collapsed because TSI could not raise revenue to fulfil the payment of its 80 per cent equity share capital.

He stated that part of its role as the technical service provider to the Rivers State government concerning the monorail project was to evaluate and assess the activities of TSI and give an independent opinion to the Rivers State government.

http://www.thefocusng.com/technical-consultants-advised-amaechi-against-monorail-project-after-collecting-n22bn/
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Ojiofor: 10:26pm On May 21, 2018
10 billion USD for railway project,Nigeria and Africa in general suck.
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Originalsly: 10:27pm On May 21, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
USA and the western world are now splashing money like crazy in Africa as they are afraid of Chinese investors, dumb americans una think sey na still colonial era we dey abi? I would rather do business with the Chinese than these westerners with their "colonialist" mindset, dem give you 1 naira, dem go collect 1million back.

Bro...open your eyes....the Chinese are worse. To begin with.... the Chinese don't like Blacks period...and they make that crystal clear in China.... and not as clear wherever they operate in Africa. China has too many people. ...they're migrating under the guise of development projects. Don't they always bring large numbers of unskilled workers for their projects?...instead of hiring locals?..like the Americans?..how many return to China? Do you know Mandarin is now an official language of South Africa?...taught in schools?..why?...the Chinese are coming to stay...to take over. Americans.come..build..leave.
@ topic...it is better for the Americans to build such a system than the Chinese. Not sure about high speed rail....not much of that in the US.

2 Likes

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 10:28pm On May 21, 2018
12inches1:

When it is too good to be true then it is certainly not true.
If it smells like a scam, feels like a scam and acts like a scam then it is surely a scam!
Buhari is the biggest fraud ever in our country.

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 10:29pm On May 21, 2018
Originalsly:
Bro...open your eyes....the Chinese are worse. To begin with.... the Chinese don't like Blacks period...and they make that crystal clear in China.... and not as clear wherever they operate in Africa. China has too many people. ...they're migrating under the guise of development projects. Don't they always bring large numbers of unskilled workers for their projects?...instead of hiring locals?..like the Americans?..how many return to China? Do you know Mandarin is now an official language of South Africa?...taught in schools?..why?...the Chinese are coming to stay...to take over. Americans.come..build..leave.

I didn’t realise that the whites like blacks

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by hammer6F: 10:31pm On May 21, 2018
[quote author=obailala post=67761797][/quote]

WAT IS UR PROBLEM?
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Trexnemesis(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2018
Who dey wan fool because of election? God has rejected Buhuari already. His presidency becomes history in 2019.

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by SBG04: 10:41pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

You are a good Nigerian who knows how Mr. 97% vs. 5% runs the Fulani Republic of Nigeria, FRN.
That was how he pulled the contractor out of the second River Niger bridge for over two years but continued and completed the Abuja-Kaduna railways and the EFCC building in the north.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!
Bros you have come again with your garri soaked lies! Please post any link to any article indicating that the Second Niger bridge was abandoned for 2 years. If you don't ill report you to the Nairaland admins for deliberately spreading false information because this is not the first time you'll be doing this. You were on another thread pouring out your lies and people kept asking you for evidence or links that you refused to provide.
Nairaland admins please take note! Let's rid this forum of vagabonds and false information peddlers like this person. These guys do more harm than good and deliberately poison people's minds m opinions with falsehood, which is the ultimate cause of all the bickering, hatred, tribalism and bigoted political division we see on Nairaland today
cc: seun
: Lalasticala
: mynd44

3 Likes

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by obailala(m): 10:42pm On May 21, 2018
hammer6F:

WAT IS UR PROBLEM?
My problem was with what you wrote regarding the coastal railway line being a useless project. Like seriously, what could possibly prompt such a reasoning or conclusion?

Anyway, I didn't have words to express the extent of my shock and disapproval of your statement. So I just tore it up.

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by hammer6F: 10:46pm On May 21, 2018
obailala:
My problem was with what you wrote regarding the coastal railway line being a useless project. Like seriously, what could possibly prompt such a reasoning or conclusion?

Anyway, I didn't have words to express the extent of my shock and disapproval of your statement. So I just tore it up.

U could not read and comprehend my submission u mean?

I believe i made valid points. Any Economist would understand the rational behind my submission.

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 10:46pm On May 21, 2018
SBG04:

Bros you have come again with your garri soaked lies! Please post any link to any article indicating that the Second Niger bridge was abandoned for 2 years. If you don't ill report you to the Nairaland admins for deliberately spreading false information because this is not the first time you'll be doing this. You were on another thread pouring out your lies and people kept asking you for evidence or links that you refused to provide.
Nairaland admins please take note! Let's rid this forum of vagabonds and false information peddlers like this person. These guys do more harm than good and deliberately poison people's minds m opinions with falsehood, which is the ultimate cause of all the bickering, hatred, tribalism and bigoted political division we see on Nairaland today

Practice what you preach, bro.
From May 2015 to October 2017 is how many years

ijustdey:
The atmosphere in and around the site of the Second Niger Bridge has been suffused with joy and excitement, following the resumption of work on the project, which has become an emotional and political touchstone for the people of the Southeast, long marginalized in the national scheme of things.

The return of the principal contractor, Julius Berger Plc, to the site expectedly stirred good feeling among the people.
When Sunday Sun visited the site of the project there were heavy duty machines and equipment as well as workers and security agents on ground at the site. An engineer at the site who does not want to be mentioned said they resumed work at the site in October after the federal government mobilized the contractor to return to site.

He said that the duration for the completion of the contract is five years, noting that Julius Berger being a reputable construction firm would keep to it and ensure the delivery of the project within the stipulated period.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6355452_wr_jpeg0ee4b44e391624e3b1130db5fc592f98

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Lucasbalo(m): 10:46pm On May 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Where is he going to get 10 billion dollars from to invest in a country all business intelligence show is now feasible under Buhari ..Lets be guided from all these conmen
Like the conman heading my country.

2 Likes

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Blue3k(m): 10:47pm On May 21, 2018
hammer6F:
COASTAL RAILWAY LINE IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND SHOULD BE SCRAPPED

WAT NIGERIA NEED IS DIVERSIFICATION OF THE ECONOMY BY BUILDING SEAPORTS IN THE SOUTHSOUTH.

WE HAVE AN ENTIRE COASTLINE IN THE SOUTHSOUTH WITH NO SINGLE DEEP SEAPORT.

ALL CARGO COMES FROM THE VERY HANDFUL OF SEAPORT IN LAGOS.

Lol lay off the drugs child. Ports and rails arent mutially exclusivs so your rant is pointless and stupid. Money has been budgeted for ibom port and Akwa ibom looking for investors. The federal givernment handling the rail project. Only a dope would short change themselves out of infrastructure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by SalamRushdie: 10:49pm On May 21, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Like the conman heading my country.

What more do you want fro Trump

He is making America win left right and centre

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by SBG04: 10:52pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

Practice what you preach, bro.
From May 2015 to October 2017 is how many years

Bros where is the link to the article? You are a very dubious person that deserves to be banned from this forum. People like you should not be allowed to continue to stir up hatred and division with your lies and half truths.
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Lucasbalo(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

What more do you want fro Trump

He is making America win left right and centre
Keep deceiving yourself. He's scared to death of the hammer coming hence his irrational behaviour and early morning senseless tweets. He's a butt of joke in America and all over Europe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Originalsly: 10:57pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

I didn’t realise that the whites like blacks
Hmmm....did you realise the Chinese like Blacks?
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by 49cents(m): 11:02pm On May 21, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
USA and the western world are now splashing money like crazy in Africa as they are afraid of Chinese investors, dumb americans una think sey na still colonial era we dey abi? I would rather do business with the Chinese than these westerners with their "colonialist" mindset, dem give you 1 naira, dem go collect 1million back.

I rather learn how to build rail lines like the Chinese and the Americans

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by ZeOptimist(m): 11:03pm On May 21, 2018
GabrielYulaw:
The line is not going to the North. So, the powers that be will probably nix it undecided
Chai... Me sef dey fear say them no go gree. "It's not for the north so nip it in the bud." That sounds like this government's ideology. So sad cry

3 Likes

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 11:03pm On May 21, 2018
SBG04:

Bros where is the link to the article? You are a very dubious person that deserves to be banned from this forum. People like you should not be allowed to continue to stir up hatred and division with your lies and half truths.

Don’t be a lazy youth as your president described those whom he is responsible for.
The link was in the nairaland post that I quoted.

http://sunnewsonline.com/work-resumes-on-second-niger-bridge/

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 11:06pm On May 21, 2018
ZeOptimist:
Chai... Me sef dey fear say them no go gree. "It's not for the north so nip it in the bud." That sounds like this government's ideology. So sad cry

It doesn’t have to be that way except for the impotent southerners who allow them while bragging about their education and sophistication. Bunch of sissies angry

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by grandstar(m): 11:06pm On May 21, 2018
This is a fantastic project but what really makes it fantastic is that it will be executed by a private company.

If they truly have deep pockets , they should by no means go ahead

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by SBG04: 11:18pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

Don’t be a lazy youth as your president described those whom he is responsible for.
The link was in the nairaland post that I quoted.

http://sunnewsonline.com/work-resumes-on-second-niger-bridge/
Bros where was it stated in this article that the FG demobilized contractors from the site in 2015? Wasn't it stated in this same article that the previous government just commissioned it and left it till October last year? This is a quote from the same article

“I want to commend President Muhammadu Buhari for continuing with the project which was inaugurated by his predecessors and who did not do any work until their tenure expired"

Seguno you quoted the part of the article that agreed with your lies and then embellished your lies with hatred and yet more lies. You then initially refused to post a link, just posting the part of the article where you culled your lies from. You're a dubious criminal that deserves a ban from here. You shouldn't be allowed to roam around here spreading lies and hatered.

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by sapele914(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2018
CilicMarin:
Buhari Is A Failure Till 2023.
At least good you have accepted the ineviitable that Baba is in the Rock till 2023 no vacancy,Mr President keep up the good work even the haters are reluctanly beginning to fall in line,if you can't beat them join them. President Buhari a failure?I guess you are speaking from a reflection of your miserable life?
Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by seguno2: 11:22pm On May 21, 2018
SBG04:

Bros where was it stated in this article that the FG demobilized contractors from the site in 2015? Wasn't it stated in this same article that the previous government just commissioned it and left it till October last year? This is a quote from the same article

“I want to commend President Muhammadu Buhari for continuing with the project which was inaugurated by his predecessors and who did not do any work until their tenure expired"

Seguno you quoted the part of the article that agreed with your lies and then embellished your lies with hatred and yet more lies. You then initially refused to post a link, just posting the part of the article where you culled your lies from. You're a dubious criminal that deserves a ban from here. You shouldn't be allowed to roam around here spreading lies and hatered.

I hope that you stayed in school long enough to understand what RETURN means.

The return of the principal contractor, Julius Berger Plc, to the site expectedly stirred good feeling among the people.
When Sunday Sun visited the site of the project there were heavy duty machines and equipment as well as workers and security agents on ground at the site. An engineer at the site who does not want to be mentioned said they resumed work at the site in October after the federal government mobilized the contractor to return to site.

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by charain: 11:26pm On May 21, 2018
Mrchippychappy:
grin grin grin grin grin
I am tired of all these gullible and delusional people, give us the figures that the western world is splashing on you?
It is your type who are easily deceived with shiny objects made it easy for African's to be purchased as slaves with
ordinary mirror. Any time you see a shiny object, you get excited without thinking.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by Banmeallday: 11:29pm On May 21, 2018
Liars liars

2 Likes

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by SBG04: 11:31pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

Bros what part of the article was it stated that the FG pulled the contractor out in 2015? Wasn't it instead stated in the article that the previous administration simply commissioned and abandoned the project almost immediately it was commenced? Why are you trying so hard to be dubious? This is how fraudsters and criminals are born! You know inside you that it was Jonathan's government that abandoned this project long before 2015, heck you have the article to prove it! But you cleverly quoted the part of the article that tallied with the lie you were about to craft and then embellished the lie further. You're a future fraudstar, that's if you're not already one.
Please mods this guy should be banned not just for spreading false information, but for fraudulently turning information upside down in order to spread hate.

2 Likes

Re: American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line by ZeOptimist(m): 11:31pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

It doesn’t have to be that way except for the impotent southerners who allow them while bragging about their education and sophistication. Bunch of sissies angry
The thing tire me sef. cry Just watch as those guys up north may try to frustrate this development and the southern dudes do next to nothing undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Dispatches Onyeama As Special Envoy To Benin Republic / Soldiers Vibing To Kizz Daniel's Song / Buhari Directs Finance Ministry To Sell All Recovered Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.