Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend (39306 Views)

Father Of Slain Girl In Port Harcourt Insists Suspect Must Marry Her Corpse / Corpse Of Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu & The Policeman That Shot Her Dead (Graphic / Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Simbrixton(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2018
Igbos and their barbaric customs
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by 4laferarri(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2018
Happy married life in Advance
Mr ladayo
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Aluko1991: 10:04am On May 22, 2018
igwegeorgiano:
yes i agree with the family

He deserves what he want, he supposed to be kill by firing squad, but I support the Igbo people he need to do the marriage so that next time if he is unfortunate to come back to this earth he will not try the this shit

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by BabaRamota1980: 10:09am On May 22, 2018
sirlekzy:
BY @LEKZYLOADED

Yesterday, we reported that a 19-year-old secondary school leaver, Confidence Nwanma was stabbed to death by her 24-year-old boyfriend, Saliu Ladayo after she reportedly laid a curse on him after he was seen with another woman.

The latest update on the incident, is that the family of the deceased has declared that the killer boyfriend must marry the corpse of the daughter in line with the tradition of the family.

Shortly after the killer boyfriend was arrested by police officers attached to the Ondo State Police Command, the father of the deceased Mr. Jude Nwanma, who spoke to Punch’s correspondent at his residence at Oke Aro, Akure, said that the custom must be observed in their home town in the Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State before his late daughter was buried.

According to him, failure to perform the traditional rite would cause calamity to befall the family of Ladayo.

“In our place, it is mandatory that the man must marry the corpse of our daughter. We must observe the custom by taking the corpse to our village where the marriage would take place.

“It is mandatory that he pays the dowry in double because he brought our daughter dead for marriage.

“He would observe all the dictates of the custom before our family would let him go. Without this, every young person from the family of the man will never get to the age of our daughter. They will die a sudden death just like our daughter.

” This is not our making; it is the way our ancestors put it down even before we were born. Our people all over the world are waiting for the court judgment. Whichever way it goes, the boy must perform the marital rite to our daughter’s corpse” he said.

According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, the suspect who was paraded at the headquarters of the state police command would soon appear in court.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com.ng/news/see-gobe-you-must-marry-corpse-of-our-daughter-family-tells-killer-boyfriend

Thats the practice in Imo but thats not the practice in Ondo to marry dead people. All the curse on young people in the family dying na fear tactics. Hin be God?

What needs to happen now is for the guy to pay restitution to the family on an agreed amount. He must pay for the burial expenses as well. Paying restitution does not free him from prosecution and prison time. He has ruined his future. Sorry dude!

Shikena!
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by perdollar(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2018
she deserves it. dating skull miners is a risk factor to untimely death. ritualistic tribe
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Faith3336: 10:19am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Lol.... the family still wan use style collect their usual exorbitant marriage list grin

All the stereotypes in this story :

1. Y .demonism

2. Chest-beating

3. Exorbitant bride price

4. More chest-beating

Mr Saliu...congrats on marrying a corpse.

Better refuse and die from the "curse" What's the point being mercilessly extorted when you are still returning to jail for life ?
You are a fool of the 21st century

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by fortunejum: 10:19am On May 22, 2018
biacan:
That's the traditional and it needs to be followed.....The young man is in for a serious case here sad
I pity the parent not even the young boy.
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:20am On May 22, 2018
Faith3336:

Faith3336's father is a fool forever: You are a fool of the 21st century

I agree grin
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Ellabae(f): 10:21am On May 22, 2018
shocked I have heard about this tradition but didn't know it was real. Na wa o
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by jaxxy(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2018
See Gobe
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by BabaRamota1980: 10:27am On May 22, 2018
If the parents want to observe Imo custom should have stayed back in Imo.

This thing happened in Ondo. In Ondo and Yorubaland we do not marry dead.

Parents should come up with other demands to get justice. Marriage is out of the question.

The criminal himself need to be charged to court soon and tried.
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Smartademu(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2018
I thought this custom applies only when the lady has a child for the man and he wants to claim custody of the child.

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by kmaster007: 10:33am On May 22, 2018
OK
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by nzeobi(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Lol.... the family still wan use style collect their usual exorbitant marriage list grin

1. Y .demonism

2. Chest-beating

4. More chest-beating

Better refuse and die from the "curse" What's the point being mercilessly extorted when you are still returning to jail for life ?
you are really ignorant of the igbo culture if you think the list comes from the family.
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by chuckjonesautos: 10:36am On May 22, 2018
Cutehector:
Africans are still backward

What would you do if you are in their shoes?
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by LZAA: 10:40am On May 22, 2018
DabuIIIT:

mental,dont worry,they reduce the price for you to marry your own..

Oh! So the ritualist is LADAYO,a connie..
grin grin grin

Lzaa immotep pointzerom

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Assassin101: 10:48am On May 22, 2018
yoloba demons never fail to do their werk

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Biggers82(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2018
See fine girl this idiot go kill make them kill that guy floor make una bring the idiot make I kill am by myself

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

1. Y .demonism

2. Chest-beating

4. More chest-beating

grin
AdolfHitlerxXx:

1. Y .demonism

2. Chest-beating

4. More chest-beating

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

It's a symbiotic relationship nah.

We both enjoy each other's company and do Adam & Eve collabo.

Even Psquared said " I don't mind make he rain on me...I give to you like you give it to me!!!!" in TEMPTATION
kikikikikikiki
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Nkwazemakennyj(m): 11:03am On May 22, 2018
Hmmmm........... this is very serious, i can imagine what Ladayo will pass through in Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State. that guy will never remain the same when he finally find his way back to Ondo

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Nobody: 11:07am On May 22, 2018
This girl na mumu. She is dating a Muslim guy who is entitled to 4 wives, and she's laying a curse on him for seeing him with another girl.

Anyway the former news stated that he stabbed her because she refused to date him. Now this news is more coherent. Cos a girl who's not dating a guy won't die in his apartment.

1 Like

Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by inioluwaDaniels(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2018
Dis guy bad oooooo Just dey shuku shuku. U shuk her kitten e no do u still come shuk her to death again. Guy u wicked
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by CaptainGOOD: 11:19am On May 22, 2018
Ellabae:
shocked I have heard about this tradition but didn't know it was real. Na wa o

It serves him right..
I think it only fits people who kill their lovers.
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by Hotchillz: 11:22am On May 22, 2018
Cutehector:
Africans are still backward
Guy there's nothing like backward. This is tradition, go to countries like China, India, countries that have culture! They all have their own various traditions. We're Africans not Americans for goodness sake. Be proud of your identity abeg
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by BabaRamota1980: 11:22am On May 22, 2018
nzeobi:

you are really ignorant of the igbo culture if you think the list comes from the family.

Who cares if the list come from Nri?
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by BabaRamota1980: 11:27am On May 22, 2018
biacan:
Nah this isn't money thing if they fail to perform the rites calamity will befall the man's family..... it happened to a man I know but he's case was different but he didn't kill the woman but they made him marry the corpse sad

Yinmu.
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by damtan(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2018
make the guy kuku stab himself too
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by naijacentric(m): 11:38am On May 22, 2018
austin2all:

your mother is the real bastard here.
eran ko
may u not be destroyed okpe pikin shege banza
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by highness25(m): 11:41am On May 22, 2018
Remimadrid:
On top of a tree.
Are they Monkies? Lwkmd
Re: ‘you Must Marry Corpse Of Our Daughter’ – Family Tells Killer Boyfriend by thatigboman: 11:51am On May 22, 2018
abiolamitodun:
KAI
THIS IS BARBARIC
ME AS A DELTA BOY WILL NEVER DATE A IGBO GIRL
VERY BARBARIC CULTURE
and u are bearing abiola. this osogbo man, u are from abeokuta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Police Officers Killed As Fight Broke Out At A Night Club In Port-harcourt - / Beggar Arrested With Guns In Lagos (photo) / Nigerian Man Arrested For Shooting Female Judge Handling His Case In US (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.