Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

CDQ Is Noisy, Koker Is Fake – Excellon - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / CDQ Is Noisy, Koker Is Fake – Excellon (290 Views)

CDQ, Seyi Tinubu's Issue: Insiders Claim CDQ Is Just Being Mischievous / “CDQ Is Stupid For Calling Khloe A One Night Stand” - Mark Anthony Osuchukwu / CDQ Completes His Lekki Mansion: "7 Of Us Used To Squeeze In 1 Room" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CDQ Is Noisy, Koker Is Fake – Excellon by Otunbalarry: 11:21am On May 22, 2018
NEWS DIGEST – Samuel Anako, popularly known as Excellon is an Abuja based artiste who has been doing music since 2011. The native of Anambra State sings different genres of music such as Afro-pop and Highlife. He also shares his thoughts on popular music act CDQ who he sees as a noise maker. In this interview with The NEWS DIGEST’s Dapo Okri, Excellon speaks on issues regarding his music. Read excerpts below:
News digest: Can we know more about you?
Excellon: my name is Samuel Anako. I am from Anambra state. I have lived in Abuja since I was born. However I attended The Polytecnic, Ife.
News digest: When did you start making music?
Excellon: I have been singing since I was a kid. I took music to a professional level in 2011. That was when I had my first recording with a group I belonged to known as young swags. I later left the group after some disagreement. News Digest: What are the challenges you have faced so far?
Excellon: pursuing music in Abuja is not easy. This is because majority of the record labels here always want to take their artistes to Lagos. So its very difficult doing music in Abuja
News Digest: Lagos seems to be the headquarters of music in Nigeria. Most upcoming artistes target Lagos when promoting their music. What are your thoughts on this?
Excellon: I would say its the mindset. Everybody is made to believe you have to be in Lagos to succeed as an artiste. So its something of mindset or mentality. Also, the presence of Alaba has a big influence. But then I plan to put Abuja in the map. Am working on this.
News Digest: what are you working on presently?
Excellon: I have a song am working on. It is titled Amarachi. Am going to release it soon.
News Digest: We have so many artistes in the Nigerian music industry. What do you plan on doing different to make you stand out?
Excellon: I would say my content. I strongly believe my content would make me stand out among the rest. News Digest: who is your role model?
Excellon: myself. I dont believe in copying somebody else. News Digest: Name your best three artistes in Nigeria?
Excellon: Davido, Willfresh (he’s an upcoming artiste) and myself
News Digest: How about your worst three? Excellon: Firstly, CDQ. He is too noisy. Second is Vic O. What he does is not art. It is foolishness. Lastly, Koker of Choc City. He sounds fake.

See CDQ reply below

https://newsdigest.ng/entertainment/2018/05/22/cdq-koker-excellon/

(1) (Reply)

Timaya Advise People Living Fake Lifestyles / Veteran Nollywood Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Speaks On His Political Ambition / Tekno And His Girlfriend Loa Rae Welcomes A Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.