Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project (39260 Views)

$16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari / EFCC Begins Probe Of Suspects In Obasanjo’s $16bn Electricity Deal / What Will Happen If Buhari Orders Obasanjo's Arrest Over $16bn Power Probe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2018
fortune1968:
So just for remembering the past misdeed of Obj - Buhari is the most corrupt ! Where is the sense in your talk ? Bad belle ipob spotted .
. Would he have remembered it if Obj was still supporting him? Whenever somebody speaks the truth,you people call him ipob. Nawa for some people sha.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Commanderinpips: 6:19pm On May 22, 2018
progress69:
I laugh when people take that old thief serious.
What about awarding Lagos - Ibadan exp road like 2 or 3 times. What about his failed 3rd term agenda that made him hate Atiku till date. Unfortunately for him, he will be retired after 2019 elections, becos the project of demarketting Buhari will be his final disgrace.

And you think Buhari has any marketing values?.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by israelmao(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2018
Obasanjo blew $16bn on phantom power project and this is the right time to question it after you have spent more than three years in power. Why didn't you make mention of it when the going was rosy between you two?I wonder why some people are still flocking around you calling you Mr.Integrity when everything in reading no integrity.When Obasanjo was calling for Jonathan's probe I am sure you were having a good laugh and cordial relationship until things fell apart and you started digging up his past.A good anti-corruption crusader must separate personal feelings and vendetta from the crusade itself if he must win the anti-corruption war.You have seen many bizarre corruption allegations under your very nose but feign ignorant.From Babachir,Maina,Baru, to NHIS boss, and the rest of them.And your party has become a refuge for corrupt politicians who pledge an allegiance to you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Bizibi(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2018
HtwoOw:
Buhari can be a thorn under anyone's flesh if he chooses to be

And for the Idiats who said Buhari is not Mr Integrity , with this one on one challenge , If Buhari had a secret Obasanjo would have tackled him by now

Buhari well done
mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 22, 2018
the integrity-deficient nomad is equally corrupt to question obj! ....dude just met his match!

bring it on.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Ovamboland(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2018
tempest01:
When he was supporting the government, he was not queried now he is meeting stakeholders for 2019, he is now part of the problem.

I thought it was only Jonathan. Obviously, their ex navigators recent Afenifere meeting is paining them.

Also why are the heads of our institutions openly joining campaigns for APC? Why won't they then divert funds for campaign purposes?

It's another kind of game and you can never trust politicians. I still remember what Obj did to IBB when he showed interest in contesting the presidency in 2007. He simply hounded his son and business associates, Adenuga and co.
If Buhari takes the same route against him I am sure he will wail loudly unlike IBB who kept quiet.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by HiddenShadow: 6:47pm On May 22, 2018
doctokwus:
Buhari should also account for the billions budgetted by Abacha when he was chairman of PTF.
He should also account for the astronomical increase in subsidy claims since 2015,despite almost 75% increase in pump price and reduction in fuel consumption!
While at it,Buhari should also account for the billions budgetted for Asorock clinic,that still doesn't have paracetamol while he still travels abroad for an ordinary checkup!!
The last person that should be querying anyone about accounting for funds is Buhari because right from his days as petroleum minister to PTF chairman and now president,fraudulent and unaccounted for monies and budgets have been his second nature.

So you know all these and yet voted for Buhari.

I cast away every spirit of hypocrisy in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by HtwoOw: 6:50pm On May 22, 2018
Bizibi:
mtcheeeeeeew
excel101:
You've not said anything relating to the topic. My friend your mates are not here. Please go to whatsapp or Facebook.

millomaniac:

Calm down, Just get your head out of your Mr integrity's ass. Don't be in a rush.

shekauvsbuhari:
if ur buhari is not dumb, let him investigate and prosecute those involved.

hollywater:
what of the 2.8b that got lost under his care when he was petroleum minister under IBB?

kaliboi94:
buhari is only doing this cuz obasanjo is not in support of his second tenure ambition. Speak against d tyrant then expect him in a cruel way

nnokwa042:
you this ewu Gambia your saint buhari told Nigerians that his mentor saint abacha did not steal even pin ,then imagine how much this salafist gworo chewing bigot called buhari stoled when he was PTF chirman ,

Optimist88:
Are you Blinddumbdeaf or deafdumbblind? no offence bro, just need to know.

LiePobians and Biafraudians , It's a shame for Y'all really !!
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by shekauvsbuhari: 6:55pm On May 22, 2018
HtwoOw:

LiePobians and Biafraudians , It's a shame for Y'all really !!
you are blind fool and charlatan. So anybody who points out buhari's ineptitude is an ipob member? Mumu. That is y de country is retrogressing. Monkey banana.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by agabaI23(m): 6:56pm On May 22, 2018
It appears Buhari wants OBJ to leak the PTF probe document.
It is not beyond him
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 22, 2018
somehow:

No, because it's legally wrong to mention names of people yet to be indicted by the court of law as corrupt. Everyone is innocent until proven otherwise.

This is what sane people do, not to throw names around.

If he's corrupt, why did Obj, Yaradua or Jonathan not probe him in their time? As hot as 2015 was, he would have been exposed!

What is he waiting for naa?
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by back2sender: 7:12pm On May 22, 2018
Paperwhite:
Perhaps Buhari will be touching the tiger's tail by this though it's good to call our leader to accountability. However he that comes to equity must come with clean hands.Can Buhari please give Nigerians satisfactory answers as concerns;
-How the then PTF funds were misappropriated under his chairmanship?
-How can he reasonable correlate his "Abacha didn't stole a dime" statement & the staggering amount of returned looted funds traced to his despot dictator brother?
-How #3billion was budgeted for Aso Rock Clinic but embezzled & no one have been called to accountability?
-How $24billion worth of NNPC contracts were signed btw him & Mikanti Baru while he have constitutionally handed power to Osinbajo while on admission in a London hospital hence committing a constitutional sacrilege?
- What is the justification of a $1billion counter insurgency fund for a BH group that his government had categorically told Nigerian have been defeated?
So what stopped GEJ from investigating Buhari?
Baba carry GO 2023 naa sure banker.
Back2Back 2019
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 22, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Am glad to hear this, if Buhari allows THE EFCC to investigate this case and prosecute those culpable, then and only then will I take his anti-corruption fight serious seriously.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 22, 2018
agabaI23:
It appears Buhari wants OBJ to leak the PTF probe document.
It is not beyond him
That's how they check and balance themselves. We get nothing beneficial.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by YenYo: 7:26pm On May 22, 2018
Buhari should shut up. You will explain what you use 2017,2017 and 2018 budget to do because Nigerians can't feel the impact of ur budget of recession.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by sexdoll: 7:27pm On May 22, 2018
israelmao:
Obasanjo blew $16bn on phantom power project and this is the right time to question it after you have spent more than three years in power. Why didn't you make mention of it when the going was rosy between you two?I wonder why some people are still flocking around you calling you Mr.Integrity when everything in reading no integrity.When Obasanjo was calling for Jonathan's probe I am sure you were having a good laugh and cordial relationship until things fell apart and you started digging up his past.A good anti-corruption crusader must separate personal feelings and vendetta from the crusade itself if he must win the anti-corruption war.You have seen many bizarre corruption allegations under your very nose but feign ignorant.From Babachir,Maina,Baru, to NHIS boss, and the rest of them.And your party has become a refuge for corrupt politicians who pledge an allegiance to you.

you should be wise enough by now to understand that politics is just a game.

if only you understand the game of chess, then you will understand how politics works.

sometimes you make a move that will handicap your opponent thereby curtailing their own move.

obj might have probably forgotten that those who live in the glass house should not throw stones.

buhari, with this latest move, is probably trying to remind him of that basic fact!

it's all a game brother!

don't ever allow yourself to think otherwise!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by somehow: 7:32pm On May 22, 2018
udemzy101:

What is he waiting for naa?

That's why we have this thread already..so let's see what happens.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by chinedu234(m): 7:34pm On May 22, 2018
AZeD1:
OBJ spent the $16 billion on NIPP projects. Granted some of the money went into private hands and some of the power plants were built in the wrong place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_National_Integrated_Power_Project
Obj never spent $16 on power. Nigerians will soon be awakened to the reality. Just watch out. Even the goggle will tell you that the HOR inquiry did not state that amount $16b.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by petitejolie(f): 8:02pm On May 22, 2018
progress69:
I laugh when people take that old thief serious.
What about awarding Lagos - Ibadan exp road like 2 or 3 times. What about his failed 3rd term agenda that made him hate Atiku till date. Unfortunately for him, he will be retired after 2019 elections, becos the project of demarketting Buhari will be his final disgrace.
I'm telling you. He just knows how to press their mumu button ND dey will tink he's a serious person. I dey laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by egobetatoday: 8:08pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=HtwoOw post=67778622]Buhari can be a thorn under anyone's flesh if he chooses to be

And for the Idiats who said Buhari is not Mr Integrity , with this one on one challenge , If Buhari had a secret Obasanjo would have tackled him by now

Buhari well

Buhari can be a thorn under anyone's flesh if he chooses to? Hehehe ...we all knew he will come for OBJ after his letter. I'm very surprised at your claim.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by Kingspin(m): 8:27pm On May 22, 2018
HtwoOw:
Buhari can be a thorn under anyone's flesh if he chooses to be

Buhari well done
consoling.COM
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by maasoap(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2018
doctokwus:
Buhari should also account for the billions budgetted by Abacha when he was chairman of PTF.
He should also account for the astronomical increase in subsidy claims since 2015,despite almost 75% increase in pump price and reduction in fuel consumption!
While at it,Buhari should also account for the billions budgetted for Asorock clinic,that still doesn't have paracetamol while he still travels abroad for an ordinary checkup!!
The last person that should be querying anyone about accounting for funds is Buhari because right from his days as petroleum minister to PTF chairman and now president,fraudulent and unaccounted for monies and budgets have been his second nature.

Anything to grab to avoid getting drowned.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
chinedu234:

Obj never spent $16 on power. Nigerians will soon be awakened to the reality. Just watch out. Even the goggle will tell you that the HOR inquiry did not state that amount $16b.

Oga, stop what you had no idea about. The house of representative committee that investigated the awards of many power contracts under Obj concerning that 16 billion dollars came up with a very damning report that scared the hell out of me. In some instances, 90% of the total contract money were paid upfront as mobilisation fee and the committee members couldn't locate the sites of such projects because not a block was dropped at the site of the projects. It was just a pity that the committee itself was eventually caught up in the bribery scandal.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by maasoap(m): 9:11pm On May 22, 2018
israelmao:

Like you would have hailed him if he did that three years ago. Intellectually lazy youth carrying placards in defence of those who impoverished them.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by ruthkufe: 9:11pm On May 22, 2018
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by afos002: 9:21pm On May 22, 2018
Sunnynwa:
Buhari queries Obasanjo over $16bn power project

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday querried the spending of $16 on power project during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The president was speaking at the Presidential Villa in Abuja while receiving the Buhari Support Organization led by the Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Customs Service, Ahmed Ali.

Buhari did not mention Obasanjo's name, but asked where was the power after a former president claimed to have spent $16bn on the project.

The House of Representatives had in 2008 described $16 billion spent on power by Obasanjo's government as colossal waste, blaming it on "poor budget planning and a lack of proper oversight by relevant bodies.

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project had also in 2016 urged the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Water Samuel Onnoghen, to immediately appoint an independent counsel to investigate allegations of corruption in the spending of $16 billion on electricity by Obasanjo's government.

Detail later...

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-queries-obasanjo-over-16bn-power-project-251839.html
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by emmangrace: 9:54pm On May 22, 2018
Reader530:
Whether you queried Obasanjo or you want to query him in later days. All I know is you are going back to Daura

Ofcourse he is going by 2023
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by 9gerian: 9:59pm On May 22, 2018
Thank you!

Raymysterio:
Political statement....
Launch a proper investigation... Stop querying things like a powerless Citizen. You are the commander in chief...with all the powers to operate...
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by israelmao(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2018
maasoap:

Like you would have hailed him if he did that three years ago. Intellectually lazy youth carrying placards in defence of those who impoverished them.

If that looks like taking side with someone to you I doubt where to place your intellectual savvy.Someone squandered $16bn and there was no mention of it when he (Obasanjo)was on his side but sooner were they fell apart than he started making mention of it and you still believe something is not wrong with anti-corruption crusade.My take is, he who genuinely desires to fight corruption should maintain even scales of justice without tilting them to one side,that is,no lopsidedness.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by biztip: 12:11am On May 23, 2018
a sinking ship
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by HtwoOw: 6:25am On May 23, 2018
Thank you for the many insults, can you swear with your life that you are not Igbo or Biafraudian ?? I looked through your posts and you are one , so was i right or was i right ??
shekauvsbuhari:
you are blind fool and charlatan. So anybody who points out buhari's ineptitude is an ipob member? Mumu. That is y de country is retrogressing. Monkey banana.
Re: Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project by shekauvsbuhari: 6:46am On May 23, 2018
HtwoOw:
Thank you for the many insults, can you swear with your life that you are not Igbo or Biafraudian ?? I looked through your posts and you are one , so was i right or was i right ??
olodo. Its not even every igbo that support ipob. Ipob has a minority followership in igboland. Mainstream igbos are anti-secession but pro-restructuring. B4 U comment in a publc forum, make sure U have broad-based knowledge. Read wide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tight Security As Buhari Visits Lagos / There Are Conflicting Letters From CSU On Tinubu’s Certificate - Justice Okoro / Fela Kuti's Family Reacts As APC Uses Fela's Songs For Their Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.