Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands (15801 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:

I get your point, it matters to you, it doesn't matter to me...my third xiaomi device, every wait for the device was worth it....

Good for u. Now does that mean those that can't wait are id10ts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 8:26pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Good for u. Now does that mean those that can't wait are id10ts?
Never said that
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by tendernexx(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2018
Infinix isn't a good device Na wa ooo. I've been using mine since infinix reared its beautiful head in naija, and its been amazing. Where u guys are developing your info from still baffles me, battery and charging port? Hian!!!

If someone is trying to pull dem down to sell their product, its obviously not working. Develop ur product and sell, and stop being a politician dragging ppo down bcus u wanna go up.

Tecno, Infinix is still one of the best fones in naija right now @d very good price.

laudate:

Infinix is a good device? Since when? shocked The money I wasted buying the last Infinix Note, is still annoying me. Infinix phones often develop battery problems and charging port issues, within the first few months of usage. Go and check....
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by tendernexx(m): 8:55pm On May 23, 2018
When you take the first position in class, you automatically are the best student.

Tecno and Infinix has stepped up dia games and are filling the lips of Nigerians with well deserved smiles.
If other companies think dey are better, dey shud try upping their games, not spreading propaganda to bring down the best.

directonpc:
Actually Xiaomi and co make better phones. But then tecno and co are enjoying the reward of pretending to be the best alternative for Nigerians via serious publicity.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by tendernexx(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2018
Objective Response.

But I must say this... Dis post has all the ingredient of a propaganda by top fone manufacturers, trying to bring down one product to sell d other.
But dat isn't necessary, all fones have dia distinctive difrensis, Tecno and Infinix and driven well into the market, a lot of ppo know d difrens, yet still choose dem for obvious reasons and dey r not complaining.

About setting up factories in Nigeria, Nigerians are one of the highest users of Toyota hiace buses in the world, yet have no assembly plant in d country, d leadership are to blame, not d end users. Or wud u advice dat dey start using Innoson vehicles for transportation? Who does dat?

greenhulk:

Some of the things he said are right, but the way he put it just shows he's taking it personal. First he said trassion don't use gorilla glass on their phones, false, infinix zero 5 has Corning gorilla glass 3, same thing found on many xiaomi phones. Then he said they don't use snapdragon or exynos as if lotd of phones use exynos. Yes infinix just started using snapdragon (though 400 series but it's a start). But trying to say anybody buying their products lack sense is absurd. U cannot tell someone what to buy with his money. Not everybody has the time to order phones. Though he didn't mention xiaomi or any other Chinese brands but that is where he shot himself on the leg. He mentioned Samsung, HTC, Sony. So let's say I have 40-50k and want to buy a decent phone, pls show me any good Samsung, Sony or HTC I can buy with that money or do I need to break bank just because I want to buy a phone.

Now u see why his post is not sensible at all. Yes u can order some other brands, but let's say I just want to walk into a store and come out with a phone, are those other products available?
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Joafjoe2018(m): 9:11pm On May 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:

We are saying the same thing.

Why struggle to buy a car when you can get a very good bicycle for at most 20k?

You should then go and buy the same car Wizkid or Davido are using with your current situation
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by HeyCorleone(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2018
Joafjoe2018:

You should then go and buy the same car Wizkid or Davido are using with your current situation

That is my dream.

I am not comfortable with my position. I aspire for more. Till I'm able to use a gold plated iPhone.

But you're very okay with your Itel level. Your bicycle level. Your self con level.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by sammirano: 9:18pm On May 23, 2018
Tecno what, when God haasn't killed xiaomi. Use tecno at your own peril.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by tendernexx(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2018
He shud have sent that message to the Nigerian govt for failing to provide an enabling environment for these companies to thrive.
And pls ooo...does Samsung, LG and HTC dat he praised have manufacturing plants in naija
His arguments doesn't make sense.
Dis is a pure propaganda message coming from transsion's lesser competitors.

ubev01:
you missed his point i believe. He said there are more users in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia. So Nigeria deserves a manufacturing plant ahead of Ethiopia. That's his point, tackle that. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by dhavel: 12:37am On May 24, 2018
laudate:

Infinix is a good device? Since when? shocked The money I wasted buying the last Infinix Note, is still annoying me. Infinix phones often develop battery problems and charging port issues, within the first few months of usage. Go and check....

Dapada.. I have been using infinix for long and none of what u mentioned has giving me issue.... Thats why its better u buy phones from jumia... But not charger
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 12:53am On May 24, 2018
ubev01:
you missed his point i believe. He said there are more users in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia. So Nigeria deserves a manufacturing plant ahead of Ethiopia. That's his point, tackle that. Cheers

Nope I didn't miss the point. Do Samsung, HTC and Sony he was running praises at have manufacturing plant here? Does xiaomi even have an office here not to talk of manufacturing plant? Some things are better left the way they are when u don't understand how it works. Maybe the environment or government policies are not conducive enough to set up a manufacturing plant here. Toyota cars are the most used cars in Nigeria but they don't have a manufacturing plant here, yet they have in South Africa. Even Hyundai have a plant in South Africa, why not Nigeria? So we should boycott them for not having a plant here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by durella007(m): 12:57am On May 24, 2018
Instead of castigating this brands i think we should actually be thankful to them,without them how many low income earners will be able to afford phones in naija.that you can afford an iphone or a Samsung phone does not mean ur neighbour can.I use wat i can afford and won't steal because lagbaja is using iPhone, if u don't like the brands then don't buy them.why hating on them,itel recently introduced a32f which for me is very affordable considering the economic situation of our country,which other phone brand is as affordable as this with the feature like fingerprint security on it.i will continue using my itel and tecno phones cos without them using an Android would have been wishful thinking

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Ossy112: 7:46am On May 24, 2018
bizza45:
without those phones l most people here will not be able to use an android phone ...we don't care weda d screen na gorilla screen or weda na MKT , provided it does what a Samsung or HTC does its OK to us... how much is a Samsung S8 phone and how much is a techno camon CM yet it does everything a Samsung S8 phone does ...so baba don't b a hater
From ur comment... no sense at all ...i rest my case... For u to say camon cm does everything Samsung s8 does.. ahhhhh
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by tafat: 1:19pm On May 24, 2018
why so bitter about the company and their devices? they might not suit your taste but they have satisfied many.i am a personal user of their devices and i can testify that they are good especially at the price range in which you get their devices.
BadBradley:
Transsion Holdings, Perhaps being the only GSM mobile manufacturing company that operates in 3 different brands, Tecno, Itel and infinix in the world, apparently in a bid to have the proverbial nine lives and seemingly seeking to take advantage of the underdevelop world, this company has launched an aggressive market campaign across Africa and other poor region of the world where consumers and experts don't have the expertise to critically appraise its products' features and claims.

It's surprising how the Chinese company failed to make its presence in China its home country with a huge market of over 1.2 billion people but came to Africa whose entire population doesn't quite measure up to China and whose political and economic stability is less predictable than China's.

A company that rarely, if ever, uses the chipset of world leaders like Qualcomm or Exynos on its phones or, the screen protective layer from global standards setter, Corning, or the class leading mobile screen technology like Amoled or LCD 3, it is no wonder no reputable mobile phone website ever lists Tecno, Infinix or Itel amongst items for review.

Worse still this is a brand that can't handle large storage Micro SD card of 64 to 126gb without dragging its fluidity down or shutting down the phone. This is a company that doesn't have its own ecosystem or backup services or cloud storage like other Android manufacturers likeĀ  LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc

The listed pixel count at the back of camera doesn't reflect the quality expected and non-Adroid models have the exact same UX and UI of clone, fake phones that immitated Nokia Series 30 and 60 phones back in 2005 and 2006 across Africa.

To cap it all up, Tecno which has more customers in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia has chosen to set up a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia while targeting the market here in Nigeria.

So Nigerians will be paying more to get their subpar Tecno, Itel and Infinix phones while indirectly growing the economy of Ethiopia.

Perhaps its battery life is a strong selling point but again, what's the use of a long lasting battery without exciting features to power?

Source: www.lodega.com
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Prichere: 3:07pm On May 24, 2018
greenhulk:

I'm not a fan of either but xiaomi is a better brand. They are really pushing hard. No wonder xioami redmi 5a is the 5th best selling smartphone of q1 2018, only beaten by the iPhone x, 8, 8 plus and 7. Even selling more than the galaxy s9 and s9 plus.

I agree with you, Xiaomi is definitely a better brand...
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Leah1234: 3:52pm On May 24, 2018
Infinix remains one of the most sought after brands in Nigeria, and the rest of Africa because of price. People will only ignore these phone if the other manufacturers lower their prices. Before then, Infinix, Tecno and he likes will rule..
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by laudate: 4:56pm On May 24, 2018
Newsoul73:
this is far from true. I have been using infinix phones since 2015 and I can boldly say it that they have the best battery
dhavel:
Dapada.. I have been using infinix for long and none of what u mentioned has giving me issue.... Thats why its better u buy phones from jumia... But not charger
You guys are being funny. sad Maybe you are one of the lucky ones. The phone in question was purchased from Slot, and it started developing problems 4-5 months after purchase. I took it to Carlcare, only to start hearing stories of 'come back today, and come back tomorrow.' undecided

The 2nd Infinix phone I bought from a highly reputable store in Shoprite, also had similar issues within a few months of purchase. Talk to people who have used Infinix phones very well, and you would realise that issues with charging ports and battery problems, are a recurring decimal.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by laudate: 11:09pm On May 24, 2018
tendernexx:
Infinix isn't a good device Na wa ooo. I've been using mine since infinix reared its beautiful head in naija, and its been amazing. Where u guys are developing your info from still baffles me, battery and charging port? Hian!!!

If someone is trying to pull dem down to sell their product, its obviously not working. Develop ur product and sell, and stop being a politician dragging ppo down bcus u wanna go up.

Tecno, Infinix is still one of the best fones in naija right now @d very good price.

Na God I take beg you, stop talking like a moro'n. shocked So because your own device worked, the rest of us that used similar Infinix phones which malfunctioned within a few months of purchase, should keep quiet? Even reputable car manufacturers like Volkswagen and Toyota have had to recall cars they manufactured, when such cars were found to have defects. So how much more a phone?

If my Infinix phone has not performed well, should I lie and say the opposite? undecided Does that mean I am trying to drag them down? No! I only want them to investigate the problem, and provide a permanent solution.

When a device malfunctions, and customers complain to the manufacturer or retailer, it should be taken as honest feedback. sad A root cause analysis should be conducted, in order to drill down to find the issue causing the problem, and fix it. That is the only way things can get better. All manufacturers have something called after-sales service and maintenance. If their devices were perfect, would such after-sales service exist?

In other countries, customer feedback is sought and treated properly. It is only in Nigeria, that people feel it is a crime to complain, if a device is not working.

Please educate yourself and stop this kind of mediocre mentality, by claiming that someone wants to drag them down! sad

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by laudate: 11:14pm On May 24, 2018
Newsoul73:
this is far from true. I have been using infinix phones since 2015 and I can boldly say it that they have the best battery
Oga, speak for yourself. I have used 2 Infinix phones so far, and both of them malfunctioned within a few months - battery and charging port issues. I have gone back jejely to my Samsung.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by ubev01(m): 4:03pm On May 28, 2018
greenhulk:

Nope I didn't miss the point. Do Samsung, HTC and Sony he was running praises at have manufacturing plant here? Does xiaomi even have an office here not to talk of manufacturing plant? Some things are better left the way they are when u don't understand how it works. Maybe the environment or government policies are not conducive enough to set up a manufacturing plant here. Toyota cars are the most used cars in Nigeria but they don't have a manufacturing plant here, yet they have in South Africa. Even Hyundai have a plant in South Africa, why not Nigeria? So we should boycott them for not having a plant here?
i agree with some of your points
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by ubev01(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2018
tendernexx:
He shud have sent that message to the Nigerian govt for failing to provide an enabling environment for these companies to thrive.
And pls ooo...does Samsung, LG and HTC dat he praised have manufacturing plants in naija
His arguments doesn't make sense.
Dis is a pure propaganda message coming from transsion's lesser competitors.

noted
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by ubev01(m): 4:05pm On May 28, 2018
Omachi006:
OK, fine. Let's say that is truly his point. But bros, I believe you are a free-thinking person and that you're aware of the myriads of problems we have in Nigeria. From the high rates of unemployment, power failure, lack of security, and more, would YOU, want to establish a manufacturing plant here? In a country where a large percent of leaders are more concerned with filling their pockets and leaving their constituencies to suffer for it? Would you open a plant where your materials can be stolen with impunity and the government would rather sit back than help you out?

Would you still fault them?

If you didn't know, the company behind these phones employs hundreds of people in Nigeria which is great. From promoters, marketers, accountants, engineers, etc, they are actually contributing to the social and economic landscape beyond ways that feeble minds can grasp.

So bros, point or no point, itel, Infinix and Tecno phones are affordable and are fine with Nigerians. Cheers.

noted ma'am
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by tafat: 6:49am On May 29, 2018
laudate:

Oga, speak for yourself. I have used 2 Infinix phones so far, and both of them malfunctioned within a few months - battery and charging port issues. I have gone back jejely to my Samsung.
try tecno mobile. No regrets

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Live Photos From itel Online Launch Event In Nigeria / FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs / See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.