Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze (1079 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by deb(m): 2:05pm On May 26, 2010
I don't think Osaze hates Amodu, he only could not but say the truth because he is not a coward.
And if a message like this is coming from the players who are we the fans to complain about Amodu's sack?

Osaze Odemwingie says Nigeria became too predictable under former coach Shuaibu Amodu and Lars Lagerback has already created a buzz around the squad.

Osaze, 29, was one of the more outspoken critics of Amodu‘s regime but he told KickOffNigeria.com that he did so without malice.

”For the past two years, with Amodu, we‘ve been easy to predict. We have to have more variety in our tactics and our attack.

”There‘s not much negative or bad about his coaching. It‘s just that it’s not enough if we are aspiring to go up there. It‘s the difference between good, and better.”

After four training sessions with Lagerback, Odemwingie says things are already looking up, with the Swede instilling a fear-no-foe confidence in his new team.

”He doesn‘t look like someone who doubts his own quality and I think he can bring a result that Nigerians expect. I see him relaxed, as someone with a plan, who took this job after watching our games and knowing that he can do better than where we were.

”From the first training, he is looking at attacking football. He is looking at a passing game. He is looking at the penetrating pass, a pass that creates danger, less square passes and more forward passes. He keeps reminding us that we have to play beautiful football and that results are also very important.

”At the same time, you can see that he doesn‘t want to play a game where Nigeria is scared of the opponent, any opponent.”

Odemwingie says already the atmosphere in camp is different.

”You could feel it. You cannot deny it. Like our people say, oyibo na oyibo. There is a touch they add to Africans when they bring their ideas, their calculations, their tactics, their organisation, their way of being more effective on the field. That is going to be added for sure.

”The training so far has been good. The build-up and the movement (have been encouraging). I think Lagerback is the best choice Nigeria made.”

More importantly, the forward says Nigeria have to return to their attacking traditions.

”We need to be more of ourselves. I think that is what we were denied of these past few years. We were not playing like Nigeria. We were more defensive minded. That is why we didnt score so much goals lately, and that is also why we have been struggling even with the average African teams.

“But we could also understand that the choice of tactics was wrong because it appeared there was a little bit of a lack of confidence in our defence line.

“There were times we conceded silly goals, but at the same time, we needed the results and changes had to be made.

”We hope now that things will be better.”

On his first day at work with his squad, Lagerback showed the players individual videos and Osaze said it came as a bit of a surprise.

“I was surprised because we never had that before in our coaching.

“That‘s another little thing. Those little things make a difference. Europe has gone far. I am not here to criticise our situation. It’s just that right now we have to admit that we are still a little bit behind. In our clubs we see that those things are important. Here, he showed us a few highlights, pointed out some things and everybody is commending it.”

source: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010052613352343
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by hollandis(f): 2:25pm On May 26, 2010
Amodu is a nicompoop.Good ridance to bad rubbish .
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by deb(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2010
hollandis:

Amodu is a nicompoop.Good ridance to bad rubbish .

Lol

Where are Amodu's die hard supporters?
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by montelik(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2010
I like Osaze very much, but let him show me his own coaching badges and expertise before I start relying on his opinion. I would remind some of you that when Berti Vogts was appointed many people within and outside the super eagles were praising him for moving the team forward and bringing in new concepts. The very same way Osaze is now talking and hyping Lagerback is exactly what happened when Vogts first arrived. Well we can all remember the end result of Vogts tenure. cry

Osaze is free to have his own opinion. But he is not the coach neither is he a member of the technical crew so I wouldn't be relying on his opinion.
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by deb(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2010
montelik:

I like Osaze very much, but let him show me his own coaching badges and expertise before I start relying on his opinion. I would remind some of you that when Berti Vogts was appointed many people within and outside the super eagles were praising him for moving the team forward and bringing in new concepts. The very same way Osaze is now talking and hyping Lagerback is exactly what happened when Vogts first arrived. Well we can all remember the end result of Vogts tenure. cry

Osaze is free to have his own opinion. But he is not the coach neither is he a member of the technical crew so I wouldn't be relying on his opinion.

Osaze is a player and one of the a major factors why we employ coaches. Should we now force a nonentity on them S.eagles?
I honestly think the guy (osaze) was just being modest in his choice of words, I think what he really wants to say is that "some of us
professional footballers are better than Amodu"
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by Iyineda(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2010
Osaze for president captain!
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by Kgdavid(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2010
deb:

Osaze is a player and one of the a major factors why we employ coaches. Should we now force a nonentity on them S.eagles?
I honestly think the guy (osaze) was just being modest in his choice of words, I think[b] what he really wants to say is that "some of us
professional footballers are better than Amodu"[/b]

Lmao! probably true
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by deb(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
lol cheesy
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by omar22(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
When I said Amodu shouldnt take us to the Nations cup my head was bitten off we would have had enough time to prepare more players to look at, some players would surely be focusng on their holidays, because Lars would have seen the players play in a mini tournament,
Re: Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze by tkb417(m): 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
omar22:

When I said Amodu shouldnt take us to the Nations cup my head was bitten off we would have had enough time to prepare more players to look at, some players would surely be focusng on their holidays, because Lars would have seen the players play in a mini tournament,
exactly!!
but Lars wasnt available tho

(1) (Reply)

Carling Cup Final - Arsenal Lose Out To Martins Strike: / Jeremy Lin Mathematics. Very Funny / Are the super eagles better off without Osaze,Uche and Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.