Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ (817 Views)

APC Explains Why Tinubu’s Meeting With Biden Was Cancelled / Fani-kayode Says Nigeria Owes Atiku Debt Of Gratitude, Gives Reason / Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by Nobody: 11:40am On May 23, 2018
PMB asked where was the power after $16 billion was reportedly spent by the Obasanjo's administration on Power.

I am not holding brief for OBJ...but I understand that many Nigerians may forget easily.

Two things we cannot take away from Obasanjo's Achievements.

1. During his time, Paris Club cancelled Nigeria's $18 billion debt

2. Also, Telecommunications business began to thrive

Now that PMB is president, over N11 trillion has been incurred as debt within 3 years without significant positive effect on common man.

Someone please help me list PMB's achievements
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by Firefire(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2018
The dullardino has achieved only failure and backwardness for Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by Nobody: 11:52am On May 23, 2018
Listing Buhari achievements is the most controversial at this point in time
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by ahiboilandgas: 12:00pm On May 23, 2018
enairaprof:
PMB asked where was the power after $16 billion was reportedly spent by the Obasanjo's administration on Power.

I am not holding brief for OBJ...but I understand that many Nigerians may forget easily.

Now that PMB is president, over N11 trillion has been incurred as debt within 3 years without significant positive effect on common man.

they scammed Nigeria to pay 12 bn dollars while the 18bn write off was interest justly charged
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by slegerman(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2018
Lai Mohammed once said, the projects the federal government is undertaking is so much that you can't see them with your naked eyes.

Same way, Buhari's achievements are so much that you can't list them.�
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by Omeokachie: 12:03pm On May 23, 2018
Buhari was busy reading cartoon section of various newspapers when all of these was happening.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by ChimaAdeoye: 12:07pm On May 23, 2018
enairaprof:

Buhari has since indebted Nigeria more than twice that amount secretly.

One President begs for debt forgiveness so that his country can develop and future citizens of Nigeria can have quality life.
Another president secretly collects massive debts that his country's future generation will become enslaved paying unsustenable debts.

Buhari is a complete disaster! He hates everything Nigeria and does everything within his power to ruin Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 23, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
they scammed Nigeria to pay 12 bn dollars while the 18bn write off was interest justly charged
Not so. Nigeria owed $30 billion. $18 billion was cancelled and $12 billion was paid by the Nigerian govt. You can read up on the Paris Club Debt Relief.
Besides, if the $18 billion was interest, are we not supposed to pay it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by NothingDoMe: 12:39pm On May 23, 2018
I loved OBJ for one thing. He tamed the madness of extremists.
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by ahiboilandgas: 2:44pm On May 23, 2018
enairaprof:
Not so. Nigeria owed $30 billion. $18 billion was cancelled and $12 billion was paid by the Nigerian govt. You can read up on the Paris Club Debt Relief.
Besides, if the $18 billion was interest, are we not supposed to pay it?
most of the loan was given to military govt at high rate without any accountability or elected by the citizen....example part was used by military theifs to fund moribund ajakotu and have paid over 40 billion dollar yearly ...
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by deltaisgreat: 3:25pm On May 23, 2018
Is true sir it was cancelled.Let buhari also cancel over $10b he borrowed just within 3 years of his APC administration if he can
Re: Nigeria's Debt Of $18 Billion Was Cancelled During My Administration - OBJ by deltaisgreat: 3:52pm On May 23, 2018
Buhari has achieved a lot in Nigeria just within 3 years. Go and find out this. It is buhari and APC administration that so many lives are killed in the middle belt and zamfara, prices of fuel, rice, beans, garri, nepa bill, transport, dollars risen to the sky against naira, armed robbery every where, hardship in the land, mace stealing in the Senate, transmission things, all promise cancel too is an achievement, Nigeria youths are Lazy is also one of his achievements, $25b missing in NNPC it easy to achieve that? Baba has achieved a lot for Nigeria oo, let me remind you of his great achievement of maina the looter reinstatement, what of abacha never stole money of baba's claim? The adza room and president of western Germany, nepotism and sectional appointments in Nigeria, polarization of the country and %97 $ %5 believe. In fact his achievements are numerous and that is why baba deserves a second tenure.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Nigeria Is The Capital Of World Poverty - Brookings Institute Report / Ekiti Election: Elders Blast APC, PDP, Warn Buhari / Ekiti People And The Sinking Ship Of The Unsung 'ebora To N Je Bailout'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.