Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind (1447 Views)

My Current State Of Mind / How To Pay Your Rent Without Stress / Company To Pay Damages For A French Engineer Who Died While Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by peternwator: 4:00pm On May 23, 2018
Our landlady sold her house and ran.

Yes! She did! Leaving us to our fate..

This is what inspired this post.

During my stay in Lagos, I discovered that one of the major problems facing people living in the city is securing a decent accommodation.

Houses are rarely vacant for more than a week due to the population.

I was quite in luck to find something decent within an estate that I could afford.

The daughter of the owner lived adjacent to my flat.

One night, we heard sounds of a truck entering the compound.

Few minutes later...

I looked through the window and could see people moving stuff from my landlord's daughter's house.

This was shocking!

People moving properties by 3:30am? Who does that!

Out of curiosity I jumped out and confronted her.

She started off apologizing about her not telling us she was finally leaving to her own house.

I asked for an address, yet, she refused and said she would come take us to her new apartment.

Few days after she had left, a lawyer showed up, telling us they had sold the property and would be demolishing it in three months. He said we needed to leave.

I later discovered that every other tenant owed rent for at least 4 months.

I was thrown into utter confusion.

To cut the long story short. I left in three weeks.

I even left the old tenants behind.

I was able to do that because of a strategy I had put in place when we had to deal with previous landlords.

At some point in your life, you may have to stay in rented places.

It's only wise; I share with you a cool strategy on how to prepare forward.

Anything can happen.

If you have ever stayed in a rented apartment, one scary thought that might have jumped into your mind from time to time could be, "How will I pay my rent after it expires?".

I find it even alarming that this fear could also bug people who may not necessarily be dependent on a 9-5 job to pay rents!

Wealthy people living in rented places deal with this same fear once in a while..

Don't fret if yours has expired or you still have six months or you just moved in. This post could be what saves you from future embarrassments.

I can understand that no one teaches the "how to" knowledge of preparing for next year’s rent.

What we do is pay and forget that "time flies"..

I've seen people who pay and believe by faith that a miracle will happen.

Some even wish their landlord dies!

Some stay and claim the property after their rent expires.

I once heard a story about how a group of tenants killed their landlord because they couldn't afford the property.

Recently saw a post about landlords opting out of renting their properties because most people just pay for the first year and take you to court while staying free for the next 5 years.

If you have ever contemplated death or evil for your landlord, kneel down, close your eyes and beg for forgiveness.

He won't die, but someone might also wish you death when you own your own property.

"The seed you sow today will come back tomorrow as a tree."

Don't be sad when a tenant takes you to court and wins your property as his own.

My experience,

I once suffered the "I don't care" syndrome, the "God will provide" when that time comes syndrome.

I failed to plan for it.

When it expired? You can guess.

We used the back gate from work. Came back home late. Turned off all the lights at night to avoid people knowing anyone was around..

If ”Oga landlord" was around, no one could leave the house. It was so bad - we couldn’t open doors to visitors till late.

We shied away from letting people knowing anyone was home.

People would knock and other tenants would tell them “they travelled”

It was sad...

After that experience, I made up my mind to pay my rent five months before expiration.

How I solved it.

The best strategy I found was paying my rent forward.

This strategy is broad, simple, yet powerful.

If for example, you stay in a flat that costs 250k per year, divide that rent by one year and then by a month. Therein lies the miracle.

Example:

N250,000/Year (12months) = 21,000 per month

21,000/Month (31days) = N700 per day

Then, set up an account for remitting the rent daily, weekly or monthly.

The trick is paying it little by little.

There are times when you will have big wins in the year. At such times, I simply would pay for 3 months.

I have found out that with this strategy, I have always paid my rent even before the expiration.

I'll advise you check how much you owe and start paying to avoid becoming a prisoner in your another man's house.

Don't wait! Pay it now!.. small small...

#SenseWithPeter

Peter Moffat Nwator
==================
If this piece brought you value, please:

Register for our FREE Business Tips and Training on our Online Community: https://fb.com/groups/Skills2equip

For inquiries on business/marketing strategies, please message me @>> m.me/skills2equip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by xxgig(m): 11:05am On May 24, 2018
Awesome tip
Re: How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by Homeyfav: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2018
Re: How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by Godmother(f): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2018
Nice post, makes a lot of sense. But another thing is finding landlords who will agree to collect the rent in bits.

Check www.divasclan.com for the latest career and money tips.
Re: How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
Godmother:
Nice post, makes a lot of sense. But another thing is finding landlords who will agree to collect the rent in bits.

Check www.divasclan.com for the latest career and money tips.

I wish they would even let you pay monthly.

For instance you may not have the bulk sum of 350k to pay at once for one year, but with this method above you can pay 30k monthly.

Only in my dreams will this happen grin
Re: How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by Godmother(f): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
Clarathomp:

I wish they would even let you pay monthly.

For instance you may not have the bulk sum of 350k to pay at once for one year, but with this method above you can pay 30k monthly.

Only in my dreams will this happen grin

Im telling you. That would be a better option and in done in most countries.
Re: How To Pay Your Rent Before Due Date And Have Peace Of Mind by pumojazof: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2018
THIS IS THE COMPLETE TRAINING YOU NEED TO BE A DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETER EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN 3 WEEKS!

Digital Marketers are in high demand. Brands and Organizations are spending far more on social/new media than ever before with traditional media platforms such as TV, Radio and print getting lesser and lesser spending

In this training program, you will Learn to create marketing content, use social media to amplify your message, make content discoverable in search, run Ads campaign on Digital Platforms such as Facebook, Google, Instagram etc. Additionally, learn how display and video ads work and how to market with email, and measure and optimize with Google Analytics.

Get onboard the practical training that helps you open up a world of opportunities in Digital Marketing

What you will learn and practice from this All-in-one Powerful Training!

- Actual Best Blogging Practices with SEO (including blogging mistakes and tips)
- SEO (Search Engine Best Practices)
- Practical Understand of Google Adwords and Google Adsense
- Practical Understand of Affiliate Marketing
- Practically learn how to manually GROW your Twitter and Instagram real followers
- Practical training on EMAIL MARKETING – tips and techniques
- GUERILLA MARKETING
- GRAPHICS DESIGN
- PLUS MUCH MORE

TRAINING COMMENCEMENT DATE: Tues, 13th of November, 2018. TIME: 10AM – 2PM DAILY

TRAINING COST: N24,999 (PAYMENT BEFORE TRAINING) – 20% Discounts for Early birds
N29,999 (PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY)

VENUE: Unity Road, Off Toyin Street, off Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos

REQUIREMENTS: Just your laptop and writing pad – UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI AVAILABLE!

REFRESHMENT: Daily LUNCH every day of the training for FREE!

OUR COMMITTED AND FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to implement aforementioned tactics to grow your business/upgrade your career.
We even offer the first training day for FREE to those doubting Thomases to come and taste the awesome practical DMM training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N29,999(NO DISCOUNT!)

(1) (Reply)

HR Guarantor Forms / How To Fail At Every Job Interview / Claritas Investment Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.