Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,422 members, 7,861,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Mikel Opens Up On Nigeria’s World Cup Chances, Memorable Moments, Alternative Ca - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Opens Up On Nigeria’s World Cup Chances, Memorable Moments, Alternative Ca (442 Views)

2018 World Cup : Ten Memorable Moments / Nigeria's World Cup Kit Sells Out On First Day / Nwakali Added To Nigeria’s World Cup Squad After Dazzling Against Atletico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Opens Up On Nigeria’s World Cup Chances, Memorable Moments, Alternative Ca by solbase10(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2018
Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi had a question and answer session with some of his fans on Twitter on Tuesday.

[url]Completesportsnigeria.com[/url]’s monitored the session as Mikel answered questions about the Super Eagles and winning the 2018 FIFA World Cup, the friendly against England, his most memorable football moments, his teammates etc…

– Who was the funniest guy you shared a room with?

It has to be Salomon Kalou for me. He is a funny character. Sharing a dressing room with him was one of my best moments in Chelsea. He made me feel more comfortable going to training everyday because I know I was going to see him there and I was going to have a laugh.

He was so funny and things he does sometimes you think is he actually a player? He is so funny, cracks me up all the time, even in training pitch he does things that are really funny and I really enjoyed my time with him.

– What was your most memorable moment in football?(@lukbon)

My most memorable moment I think for me was when I won the Champions League. It was the best moment in my football career till date. Champions League is so special you don’t get to win it quite often and for us to win it and the manner we did it was spectacular.

And playing in Germany and against Bayern Munich made it even more special. That day and that night was really special for me.

– What is your take on the international friendly game between Nigeria and England and how will the Super Eagles approach the game?

England, Nigeria, that doesn’t come often. It’s going to be a very good test for us. I think for us it’s important to play this friendly against England. Such a great team and for us it’s going to be a big test. We have to make sure we play well, we want to win, we want to play well against such a great team.So we will see how well we are going to do in this game going to the World Cup, preparations and other stuff. This is going to help so we will see how its going to be.
mikel-

– What are your plans after retirement from football?

For me, it’s to spend more time with the kids, with the family. I think the Mrs has been on my neck that I don’t spend more time with the family. She understands. But I think after football, it’s going to be spending more time with the family, with the kids, for me it is more important and also think about what to do after football because I want to continue being involved in football.

It is something I really need to decide but at this minute I’m not thinking about it, there’s a lot of things to do after football but we will see what happens.

– Do you believe Nigeria can win the 2018 World Cup?

I think we can, why not? I think it’s possible, you never know. I think it’s important for us to come out in our group. We are in a very difficult group, we have lots of good teams in this group, it’s going to be interesting to see who comes out of this group.

Whoever comes out of this group is going to do well in the tournament. We have to make sure we play the three games well, come out of the group and think about the next game.

It is possible when you keep winning games. In tournament like this, you just have to take it one game at a time. So we believe we can, why not?

– If you were not playing football what other profession would you have delved into? (@jolarh)

That’s a tricky question. I think basketball or tennis. I love Roger Federer, so probably play tennis.

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mikel-opens-up-on-nigerias-world-cup-chances-memorable-moments-alternative-career-kalou-federer/

(1) (Reply)

Check Chelsea, Arsenal & Man U Pre-season 2018-19 Fixtures (confirmed) / Dele Alli Is Being Booed By Nigeria Fans (England Vs Nigeria Friendly Match) / Gernot Rohr Releases The Final 23-man List Of Super Eagles Players For Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.