Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? (3155 Views)

What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul / Domino's Pizza Officially Launched In Port Harcourt (pictures) / Kilimanjaro Rumuibekwe Pizza Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 5:22pm On May 23, 2018
"I’ll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day. I like having left over pizza to nibble on later. You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I’m aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don’t have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a ‘breakfast platter’ at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you’re happy!"

That was a message posted on the Bitcointalk forum by a programmer, Laszlo Hanyecz eight years ago (22nd May,2010). According to the Bitcoin Wiki another user, who went by “jercos” on the forum, took Hanyecz up on his offer. Hanyecz sent the bitcoin to jercos, who then placed the pizza order. The transaction had to be finalized over internet relay chat.

This is widely believed to be the first purchase of a product with bitcoin, proving the then-nascent cryptocurrency’s potential as a means of payment. The reason for celebration of Bitcoin Pizza Day by the Bitcoin Community like that of yesterday, 22nd May, 2018.

Imagine that "jercos", as was in the forum, was so excited about the first exchange with Bitcoin that he kept the 10,000 Bitcoin in a special wallet and never touched it till today. That means $82 Million worth of Bitcoin would have been dancing in his wallet now for just 2 slices of pizza he provided for someone.

Concerns: Is such opportunity still available? Do I buy Bitcoin from 9jacash.com with my naira and store in my wallet to become million dollar man in few years? Is the value of Bitcoin still rising or will rise and then crash or never rise? Will Bitcoin one day seize to exist making the stored money useless?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 2:14pm On May 24, 2018
The fastest and most reliable means to Buy/Sell your Bitcoin with Naira is via www.9jacash.com. Rate is friendly with INSTANT FUNDING.
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 10:22am On May 26, 2018
Cheap Weekend Deals!
BUY/SELL PM and Bitcoin with instant funding at amazing rates on
www.9jacash.com
Cal 09034509893
Whatsapp: 08127605814
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 6:53am On May 27, 2018
9jaCASH remains the best PERFECT MONEY and BITCOIN exchange company in Nigeria.

*Reliable and cheap rates

**Instant funding and same day withdrawal

***Website is easy to use and User friendly

****Safe and Secured transactions

*****Give Discounts and offer Promotions

I can not mention everything, SIGN UP now at www.9jacash.com and place your order to have your own wonderful experience.

OR
Call +234(0)9034509893
WatsApp +234(0)8127605814
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 3:27pm On May 29, 2018
We are available to make your holiday more enjoyable with our unique services. www.9jacash.com

Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 12:05pm On May 30, 2018
We will not stop putting smiles on your faces even though your holiday is over.
www.9jacash.com remains the best platform in Nigeria to BUY/SELL e-currencies at the best rates and get funded instantly.
Call 09034509893
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 10:27am On May 31, 2018
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
We will never relent in offering better services to you. Sell your Bitcoin to us NOW at YOUR rate. You can contact us via our live chat on www.9jacash.com or whatsapp +234(0)8127605814.

#Bitcoin #BTC #PerfectMoney #PM #Ethereum #Ripples #BCH #ETH #ecurrencies #cryptos #Cryptocurrencies #PortHarcourt #Lagos #Nigeria
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
HAPPY NEW WEEK! We are available on www.9jacash.com to help you BUY/SELL e-currencies such as Bitcoin, Perfect Money, Ethereum, Skrill, etc. Contact us NOW on:

our live chat or Call 09034509893 or 08127605814
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2018
Crypto Point-of-Sale (POS) Devices Begin Roll-Out

Pundi X, a Jakarta-based cryptocurrency payments startup, has reportedly started the deployment of its POS devices in Indonesia. According to its road map, the company expects to reach a minimum deployment of 50,000 XPOS units in total by Q1, 2019. Its states the mission is to make using cryptocurrency as easy as buying bottled water. “As the Walmart and 7-Eleven of cryptocurrency, we want users to buy and use cryptocurrency anytime, anywhere.”...

As Cryptocurrency is gradually taking over the world, we oblige you to trust us as your exchange service provider, as you enjoy safe and secured e-currencies funding and withdrawal.

You can contact us on our Live chat on www.9jacash.com or
Call or whatsapp: +2349034509893,
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/_9jaCASH
Like our facebook page www.facebook.com/9jacash
Email: support@9jacash.com

Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 10:15am On Jun 06, 2018
e-currency is taking over the world today, take advantage of our good services.
Let's make your e-currency transaction easy on www.9jacash.com
WHATSAPP- +2348127605814
TWITTER- www.twitter.com/_9jacash
FACEBOOK- www.facebook.com/9jacash
CALL- +2349034509893
EMAIL- support@9jacash.com

Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2018
Do you know that you can buy PM and BTC at 365/$ on 9jacash.com now?
9jacash.com is the platform to buy your cryptos at cheapest rate and stay secured. SignUp NOW!
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2018
Opera to be first major web browser to incorporate a crypto wallet
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 11:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Opera Becomes First Major Web Browser to Include Native Crypto Wallet.
The Opera web browser for Android is launching a private beta version that will include a built-in crypto wallet, according to a press release shared with Cointelegraph Wednesday, July 11.
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
Are you aware of the report of a UK Mosque Collects Four Times More Donations in Crypto Than Fiat?

We are available to Buy/Sell #BTC, #ETH, #BCH, #XRP, #SKRILL and other #ecurrencies on www.9jacash.com
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
Bitcoin (Almost) Everywhere: Bitcoin Debit Cards Worth Checking Out
Mass, mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies might take a route few original cadres of developers and enthusiasts imagined — major payment processing, plastic debit cards. They’re incredibly handy for those wishing to use crypto while merchant adoption works itself out.

Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
Flow and Cryptomkt Enable Crypto Payments at 5000+ Stores
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 9:10am On Jul 31, 2018
Good morning NL!
You can Buy and Sell your Bitcoin at 9jaCASH at competitive rates.
www.9jacash.com
Have a lovely day
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
All of us at 9jaCASH wish you the very BEST in this new month of August.
Happy New Month Sir!

Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
October 31st marks the 10th anniversary of Bitcoin’s Whitepaper. In celebration, artists from around the world hosted an art exhibit in France.

Organized by the French artist Pascal Boyart, the exhibition was open to the public and took place from September 28 to October 5 in Paris.
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by 9jacash(f): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Crypto-Friendly Andrew Yang Calls For $2,000 Per Month Stimulus Package

Andrew Yang, an American politician, part of the Democratic Party and a former runner for the 2020 US Presidential Elections, voiced his concerns with the current stimulus package that the country rolled out. According to him, the amount sent to people should be higher.

Andrew Yang Calls For $2,000 Per Month Stimulus
A recent report revealed that the first stimulus package in the US is already underway. Supposedly, 80 million Americans are about to receive a one-time payment of up to $1,200 in their bank account as part of the measures to deal with the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis...

FOR MORE:
https://ecoindiscuss.com/crypto-friendly-andrew-yang-calls-for-2000-per-month-stimulus-package/
Re: What Is Special About The Bitcoin PIZZA Day? by funshint(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2022
Just looking back now...wish I invested in cryptos earlier!

(1) (Reply)

How To Make The Basic Granola Recipe With Quick Oats / See What A Nairalander Found Inside Coconut / How To Make Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.