Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka (21061 Views)

Lagosians Groan As VIOs Violate Sanwo-Olu's Directives On Morning Operations / Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos / APC Becomes Minority As 15 Senators Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by donvicky2007: 7:57pm On May 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta have all banned okada in their cities. Please do tell us whether the crime rate increased in these states after they banned okada.

When delta state banned okada in asaba and delta, they subsidized keke Napepe for the okada riders through their union, Abia state govt provided taxi etc.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Tobyarab(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2018
donvicky2007:

Can you tell the crime rate in those states?
No state in naija got high crime rate like Lagos. yet, okada still operates there. think before you write.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Smarkie: 7:58pm On May 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
The majority of okada riders in Anambra are wawa and abakaliki criminals who relocated to anambra from surrounding states that banned okada due to their criminal tendencies. With this ban, they will now relocate back to their own states and continue their criminal activities there.
and non of the 15000 affected motorcylist is from anambra? the way anambra people boast as first class igbo men always irritates me

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Postanalyser: 7:58pm On May 23, 2018
Okoyeeboz:
So, there are 15,000 Okada riders in just Onitsha and Awka? I thought they were all billionaires over there with the noise their illiterate paupers make on Nairaland.

Some ipob miscreants claiming to be billionaires on Nairaland would soon start cursing Obiano for seizing their Daddies' okadas.

Okada Amaka! grin

square that 15,000 and the result is the number of okada and molue operators in lagos alone,yet you foools claim lagos is your heaven.

oh wait a minute, 15,000 okada men in Anambra? i thought useless afonja claim that "no body" is left in the East,as every good thing in Lagos is owned by an igbo.

The fooolishness of this yoruba tribe is like ZeeWorld, extraordinary everyday.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Yyeske(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta have all banned okada in their cities. Please do tell us whether the crime rate increased in these states after they banned okada.
I tire o, every town, village and city should and does have its characteristics.
Onitsha isn't what they think of the city.
Crime rate in anambra is the lowest as we speak
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by UcheIgboanugo: 8:07pm On May 23, 2018
donvicky2007:

You are on point my dear, and there is no effective govt transport system in the state to absorb them.
Thank God shares my view. I served in that state, Awka to be precise. There is no effective transport system there! I told somebody on this forum not to praise Obiano. He is just living off Peter Obi's glory.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by UcheIgboanugo: 8:08pm On May 23, 2018
donvicky2007:

You are on point my dear, and there is no effective govt transport system in the state to absorb them.
Thank God someone shares my view. I served in that state, Awka to be precise. There is no effective transport system there! I told somebody on this forum not to praise Obiano. He is just living off Peter Obi's glory.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2018
Smarkie:
and non of the 15000 affected motorcylist is from anambra? the way anambra people boast as first class igbo men always irritates me

Refer to only Chino who commented here with 2 of his monikers, and leave Anambra people alone. The guy has a problem and we've given up trying to understand his problem.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Josh44s(m): 8:22pm On May 23, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:
they will get over it, hope the government allow them to use keke napep....we got used to it when they banned okada in Warri in 2012, but the government should introduce schemes that can allow people get keke

Today we are regretting it because Kekenapep wan Finish people cars with scratches including mine! angry
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2018
Josh44s:

Today we are regretting it because Kekenapep wan Finish people cars with scratches including mine! angry
lol... just trying to suggest a way for crime not to be the order of the day in the state
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Smarkie: 8:28pm On May 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Refer to only Chino who commented here with 2 of his monikers, and leave Anambra people alone. The guy has a problem and we've given up trying to understand his problem.
you have to agree with me that he is not the first person you have heard such statement from. it pains me to be continually mocked "nwa Nsukka" (though am proudly nsukka man,and i will always be)

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by yommen: 8:29pm On May 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
The majority of okada riders in Anambra are wawa and abakaliki criminals who relocated to anambra from surrounding states that banned okada due to their criminal tendencies. With this ban, they will now relocate back to their own states and continue their criminal activities there.

They'll not relocate to their places out of shame. Crime in Anambra will now be off the hook. Congratulations!!!
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by eki2000(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2018
dealslip:
Please sacked Okada men, dont relocate to Lagos. We dont want trouble here. The Anambra govt cannot just scrap this people's source of income and don't expect a consequence in terms of increase in insecurity, armed robbery, kidnapping, fraud and other vices. 15,000 breadwinners sacked just like that will definitely have a repercussion. Obiano did not think this one through
Bike was banned in Akwa Ibom and this making 8 years, no body has died

3 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by BeijinDossier: 8:35pm On May 23, 2018
If you try crime in Anambra then be ready to face the music.

yommen:

They'll not relocate to their places out of shame. Crime in Anambra will now be off the hook. Congratulations!!!
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2018
Smarkie:
you have to agree with me that he is not the first person you have heard such statement from. it pains me to be continually mocked "nwa Nsukka" (though am proudly nsukka man,and i will always be)
i buro "nwa Nsukka"? Why does the name offend you? If someone called me "nwa Idemili", I'd answer it proudly. That's not to deny that Anambra people aren't certainly the most arrogant Igbos. I've commented on it before and it irritates me. Bigotry can be found everywhere though. When my roommate's money in UNN got stolen, one Nsukka man at school security said I must have taken it because I'm from Anambra and in his twisted world view, all Anambra people are thieves. grin

3 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 23, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by charlsecy(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2018
ozoebuka1:
No be onitsha I dey stay again Which okada them ban?? undecided
Read again, but this time, more carefully.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2018
Okoyeeboz:
So, there are 15,000 Okada riders in just Onitsha and Awka? I thought they were all billionaires over there with the noise their illiterate paupers make on Nairaland.

Some ipob miscreants claiming to be billionaires on Nairaland would soon start cursing Obiano for seizing their Daddies' okadas.

Okada Amaka! grin
guy,I don laught tire here!

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by dealslip(f): 8:50pm On May 23, 2018
uchennamani:
The same argument was adduced when Enugu state government banned okada some years back. Now Enugu is neater, better and is now the best secured state in the country. Okada should have been banned in Anambra years back.
Was provisions made for them by the Enugu State govt? They are not criminals for God's sake
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by fakati(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2018
The government in all levels should stop their anti people policies providing alternative.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by TINO26: 9:03pm On May 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
Criminals?, do you have evidence on this?
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Okoyeeboz: 9:09pm On May 23, 2018
Postanalyser:

square that 15,000 and the result is the number of okada and molue operators in lagos alone,yet you foools claim lagos is your heaven.

oh wait a minute, 15,000 okada men in Anambra? i thought useless afonja claim that "no body" is left in the East,as every good thing in Lagos is owned by an igbo.

The fooolishness of this yoruba tribe is like ZeeWorld, extraordinary everyday.

Shibuke, calm down na. Why the frustration? The directive is to commence on the 1st of June.

Oh wait. Has Obiano already seized your Daddy's okada?
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Smarkie: 9:11pm On May 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

i buro "nwa Nsukka"? Why does the name offend you? If someone called me "nwa Idemili", I'd answer it proudly. That's not to deny that Anambra people aren't certainly the most arrogant Igbos. I've commented on it before and it irritates me. Bigotry can be found everywhere though. When my roommate's money in UNN got stolen, one Nsukka man at school security said I must have taken it because I'm from Anambra and in his twisted world view, all Anambra people are thieves. grin
like i said before, i'm proudly nwa nsukka. but it just irritates me when am reffered as nwa nsukka not because i'm from nsukka but just to tag me second class igbo man
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by TailofdeNight: 9:13pm On May 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
by their words we shall know them
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Postanalyser: 9:20pm On May 23, 2018
Okoyeeboz:

Shibuke, calm down na. Why the frustration? The directive is to commence on the 1st of June.

Oh wait. Has Obiano already seized your Daddy's okada?

lmao...you actually need update so that you can argue with it at your favorite draft center,after eating your soup that was prepared with toilet broom?

Here is the update, like you must have guessed, 90% of this 15,000 are marching down to Lagos(no man's land),and before 2020...u have started working for them as either a Gardner, gate man,house maid etc. I believe you have succeeded in forcing me to give you high BP?
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by winterfell007(m): 9:21pm On May 23, 2018
anaton:

I doubt you are from Anambra not to talk of being Igbo.No offence.

We are republican by nature and we don't shout out our origin just to prove a point or gain acceptance.

I don't have to prove my origin to you. That you are a republican doesn't excuse you to be bereft of any positivity, republicans don't rant tribalistically against other enthic groups. Ur ability to understand and accomodate other enthic groups makes u a progressively advanced group.

PS: for the record, my home town is Adazi Nnukwu in Anaocha LGA, u can take that to d banks
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by NonsoWow: 9:33pm On May 23, 2018
Okoyeeboz:

Why do Anambra people hate Enugu and Ebonyi people so much?
Who hates them? Abeg say what you know. It is just like saying that Nigerians hate fulani people because we criticize their herdsmen for wanton killings and destruction or that Nigerians hate yoruba people because we criticize some of them who mine human skulls on a regular basis. Anambra indigenes know those constituting nuisance in our state and we won't shy away from calling them out.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by Akanapiaigwe: 9:33pm On May 23, 2018
wait no be the same Awka I hired a bike that took me around just this evening

bloggers ee
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by ariesbull: 9:41pm On May 23, 2018
Smarkie:
like i said before, i'm proudly nwa nsukka. but it just irritates me when am reffered as nwa nsukka not because i'm from nsukka but just to tag me second class igbo man

Nobody does that....Nsukkka put Igbo in the map with their metal works we respect nsukka to the fullest

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by NonsoWow: 9:54pm On May 23, 2018
yommen:

If they don't relocate to their own states but insist on remaining in Anambra to continue their criminal activities, the full weight of the police and army would be unleashed on them. Check our history well. Anambra state has no qualms killing stubborn wawa and abakaliki criminals. Peter Obi killed and deposited the remains of many of them into ezu river and more of them have been massacred in the cycle of the current governor. Anambra does not condone criminality in whatever guise.
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by OMANBALA1: 9:58pm On May 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I dont have any problem identifying with an Nsukka man but I heard Ndi Abakaliki and Nsukka are the one trashing the whole Anambra with their petite trading, Okada and inability to keep the environment clean.

I hate Okada to my bone but I am hoping they were notified before the ban
Re: Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka by OMANBALA1: 10:00pm On May 23, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Nwa Nsukka has taken a new meaning and its not good,you cant compare it when somebody yells ''Ide Nnaa''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! / Delta Paid Ibori N250m In UK Prison / Military Claims On Coup Plot Not Correct – Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.