Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigerian Author Farida Ado Makes Time’s 2018 “next Generation Leaders” List - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Author Farida Ado Makes Time’s 2018 “next Generation Leaders” List (319 Views)

[story] FARIDA Episode 1 / D.O. Fagunwa: The Great Nigerian Author Who Tragically Drowned In A River / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Author Farida Ado Makes Time’s 2018 “next Generation Leaders” List by MDsambo: 6:22pm On May 23, 2018
TIME Magazine has released the 2018 edition of its annual list of
“Next Generation Leaders” and
our girl Farida Ado has been featured.

Featuring 11 people from around
the world, including pop stars The Weeknd and Ariana Grande, TIME describes Farida as “Kano’s
Jane Austen.”
32-year-old Farida is known for
her romance novels. Picture a
Mills & Boon novel, but in Hausa.

Speaking to TIME, Farida said:

“Women turn to romance novels to
figure out how to live their own
lives.” And her books draw inspiration
from real-life events, too! Discussing her series “The Block of Ashes,” Farida revealed she was inspired by the story of her
neighbor who, trying to solve her
marital problems, decided to see a
juju priest.

She said: "I try to reflect the
reality of society in
my stories. These
juju doctors had
become a menace in
many homes."

https://bellanaija.com/2018/05/farida-ado-time-next-generation-leaders

Lalasticlala mynd44

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Fresh!!! New Work For Sale / Do I Have To? / "I'm Afraid" A Poem By Favor Ifee Izuchukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.