Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,535 members, 7,954,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns (705 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Bauchi Deputy Speaker, Barade / Bauchi Deputy Speaker, Others Dump APC For PRP / Nuhu Gidado Resigns As Bauchi Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by mcvities(m): 11:48pm On May 23, 2018
The Deputy Governor of Bauchi State, Nuhu Gidado, has resigned.

Mr Gidado informed Governor Muhammed Abubakar of his decision in a letter dated May 16. A copy of the letter was seen by Channels Television on Monday.

In the letter, Mr Gidado explained that his decision was based on his commitment to serve for only a single term as deputy governor of the state.

“Ordinarily, I should have remained up to the end of the tenure, but, with the currently dampened spirit and waning zeal as it relates to my official engagements, my continued stay will not be fair and truthful to you as my brother and leader,” he wrote.

The deputy governor also believes that staying on in office will be unfair to the system and his conscience.

Furthermore, he reminded the governor that during their meeting on April 19th he had informed him that he was thinking about stepping aside.

Mr Gidado thanked Governor Abubakar and the people of the state for the opportunity to serve as deputy governor of the state.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/05/23/breaking-bauchi-deputy-governor-resigns/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by ja2ken(m): 11:50pm On May 23, 2018
Still waiting for the dullard from daura to follow suit..
Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by Getintouch2004(m): 11:51pm On May 23, 2018
Really
Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by pope777(m): 11:53pm On May 23, 2018
Chai!! Village people, una no try!
Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 23, 2018
This is one unusual Nigeria politician shocked shocked shocked
Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:06am On May 24, 2018
Still waiting for Imo State Deputy Governor to resign grin

Deputy Governors who are interested in the next Gubernatorial Election should resign. grin
Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by Paperwhite(m): 12:09am On May 24, 2018
Good one there dep.governor.
Re: Breaking News: Bauchi Deputy Governor Resigns by Mynd44: 2:51am On May 24, 2018

(1)

2018: Buhari Scorecard; Budgitng / I Didn’t Promise Anything During My 2015 Campaign - Gov. Bello Of Niger State / Senate, Saraki Have Hatred, Contempt For Me- Ibrahim Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.