Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. (7960 Views)

Special Powerful Massage Hammer For The Body. / How To Escape Alcohol Addiction / Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by mecussey(m): 9:32pm On May 28, 2010
I am surprised at these answers; little quantity of alcohol is good for men, at max two bottles of bear. Do you know what? Though it makes the liver, heart and kidney temporarily work harder and faster and the aftermath is you get tasty, drink more water and urinate often. This is pretty good for the body, at least kidney stones will flush out. Google for more advantages, but moderation is good in everything.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Myrifeti: 9:54pm On May 28, 2010
Let's talk about the bearing it has on the mind as an emotional therapeutic. When you take alcohol, for a moment you seem to forget your worries. Your mind seems to be in a state of calm that you never expected. But when you abuse this sense of happiness by taking more and more bottles, then it on longer adds but takes away something: your senses!
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Sonofpeace(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2010
Nice topic though i don't drink brewed beverages but i am not against those that drink it. i can only drink wine but occasionally. Initially my friends tried cajoling me into taking alchohol with them but due to my early background i could not succumb to their wish. Now they respect me for taking a bold decision that most of them couldnt take eventhough they dont cherish getting drunk. From them i learnt that some go into alchohol just to show off.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by kabukabu(m): 1:34am On May 29, 2010
mecussey:

I am surprised at these answers; little quantity of alcohol is good for men, at max two bottles of bear. Do you know what? Though it makes the liver, heart and kidney temporarily work harder and faster and the aftermath is you get tasty, drink more water and urinate often. This is pretty good for the body, at least kidney stones will flush out. Google for more advantages, but moderation is good in everything.

Wine,is recommended in very little moderation for men and women,because of the anti oxidants in the grapes used, which Beer does not have,you can thank me later
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:07am On May 29, 2010
Fu@k FEAR,  Drink BEER

Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sandee575(f): 11:47am On May 29, 2010
Enough beer guarantees a good night's sleep, NEPA or no NEPA.
A good night's sleep rejuvenates the body. Consistent beer per
night is consistent sleep everynight so people keep asking you whats
this secret behind your youthful look and you wink at them smiling.
TRY THIS AT HOME
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by lysaa(f): 11:57am On May 29, 2010
mrjingles:

shocked this babe i don dey fia u o! No wonder your afraid of shak u were traumatized early in life! pele. Am sure u "displayed" big tyme!

My dear, i wasn't traumatized in anyway. . Or is that the reason u drink?
FYI, I overheard my big brothers n sisters bragging on how many bottles they could drink. Whether they meant it or not, I felt i had to try it out so i could have somn to brag about.
No one knew what happened tho, can't even tell if i got high cos i stole the bottle of beer away to the wardrope and drank it all up there while a party was going on. I might have slept or . .whatever, dunno, just remember i acheived my aim and then thought i belonged to a 'class.' There's nothing in it trust me, been there done that. ,
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Sonofpeace(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2010
You're right! most people drink just to show class or whatever they might have in mind. From what i foundout 90% of people that drink alchohol formed the habit of it which means that they can't control their hunger for alchohol.
lysaa:

My dear, i wasn't traumatized in anyway. . Or is that the reason u drink?
FYI, I overheard my big brothers n sisters bragging on how many bottles they could drink. Whether they meant it or not, I felt i had to try it out so i could have somn to brag about.
No one knew what happened tho, can't even tell if i got high cos i stole the bottle of beer away to the wardrope and drank it all up there while a party was going on. I might have slept or . .whatever, dunno, just remember i acheived my aim and then thought i belonged to a 'class.' There's nothing in it trust me, been there done that. ,
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2010
it is not how many bottles you can drink but how many before you start acting the fool  grin

Social drinking is not an addiction. it is when you become an alcoholic that it becomes a situation that must be dealt with conclusively.

Alcohol gives me peace of mind for the time being  grin
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by tomX1(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2010
In low doses alchohol helps to regulate blood sugar, increases ones libido and it is strongly recomended for men above thirty to help check prostate cancer. I never drank in my younger days but now as I grow older and more sedentery, I try to take a bottle or two of stout every week just to keep a balance in my alchohol level.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by iHustle(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2010
Does alcohol contribute anything to the body? Yes it does!

1. Alcohol makes a person happy and relaxed
2. Alcohol makes one to be mentally alert and bright
3. Alcohol battles stress

The problem myopic people have with alcohol is drunkenness. I have these questions for them:

1. why don't they have a problem with gluttony, oversleeping, overworking, excessive sugar consumption, etc. Aren't they equally bad?
2. Is too much of anything good? why do they single out alcohol?  

Now, for those 'Christians' who follow what their 'pastors' tell them: that drinking alcohol is a sin, I bet you don't have a clue who Christ is, and you haven't studied your Bible well enough to escape from the deceit of your 'pastor'.  shocked shocked shocked

I have this for you:

1. Genesis 14:18- Then Melchizedek, the king of Salem and priest of God Most High, brought him(Abram) bread and WINE
2. Psalm 104:15-  WINE to make them glad,
3. Ecclesiastes 5:18-  Even so, I've noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat well, drink a good glass of WINE, and enjoy their work-whatever they do under the sun-for however long God lets them live.
4. Isaiah 25:6- In Jerusalem, the LORD Almighty will spread a wonderful feast for everyone around the world. It will be a delicious feast of good food, with clear, WELL-AGED WINE and choice beef.  cheesy
5. John 2- Jesus converts water to? WINEgrin
6. Mark 14:23- And he(Jesus) took a cup of WINE and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And he said to them, "This is my blood, poured out for many, sealing the covenant between God and his people.
7. Timothy 5:23-  Don't drink only water. You(Timothy) ought to drink a little WINE for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often.

*Throughout the New Testament you'll hear Jesus using WINE in several parables

What is the definition of WINE?
1.)  alcohol fermented from grapes: an alcoholic drink made by fermenting the juice of grapes
Microsoft® Encarta® 2008. © 1993-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
2. ) alcohol fermented from other fruit: an alcoholic drink made by fermenting the juice or an infusion of another fruit, a flower, or a vegetable
dandelion wine
Microsoft® Encarta® 2008. © 1993-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
3.)  something stimulating or intoxicating: something that has a stimulating or intoxicating effect resembling that of wine (literary)

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sizzlers(m): 1:45pm On May 29, 2010
As confusing as it may seem, in small quantities, alcohol can be benefic for health. But excess can produce so much damage, that any trace of a benefit is erased. Moderate use of alcohol includes two drinks for a man & only one for a woman per day, under the age of 65. Together with his doctor, a person will establish whether to enjoy a glass of wine or a beer, or this can seriously affect health.

In small quantities, the following benefits can result from alcohol:

- It decreases the risk of cardiovascular problems
- Decreases the possibility of lethal heart attack
- Sometimes, alcohol reduces the possibility of ischemic or other kind of strokes
- Diminishes the possibility of gallstone
- It may reduce the diabetes danger

In large quantities, or in excess, the consequences may be terrible:

- The pancreas, the mouth, pharynx, esophageal, breast & liver are more likely to be affected by cancer
- Pancreatitis may appear, especially in youth
- Stroke
- Atrophy of the brain
- Cirrhosis
- Pregnancy problems, like spontaneous abortion
- Possible malformations & other birth problems of the fetus
- Car accidents
- Suicidal tendencies
- Sudden death in case of cardiovascular problems
- Cardiophaty generated by alcohol

There are certain diseases that forbid the affected person to drink at all, such as:

- Conditions of the liver
- Affect
ion of the pancreas
- Precancerous stages affecting the digestive system
- A record including a previous hemorrhagic stroke

Pregnant women or people whose family has an alcohol related background must be extremely cautious and, if possible, not to drink at all.

One drink each day is permitted to persons over 65 years, because in their case, a higher consume is more dangerous; the process of absorption needs more time, the effects are stronger, & the risk of intoxication is a real one.

Alcohol must not be used during the following medications' administration:

- Anticoagulants
- Medication for diabetes
- Beta blockers
- Antihistamines
- Antibiotics
- Antidepressants
- Pain relievers
- Sleeping pills

Alcohol should not interfere with medication at all, because in combination to aspirin increases its stomach damaging action & the possibility of gastrointestinal hemorrhage, if combined with acetamine damages the liver.

Both he positive effects of a reduced quantity & the dangerous, negative ones must be taken into consideration. Also, a person shouldn't be influenced to drink, because no doctor will give such piece of advice. Consumed with responsibility & moderation, in case of healthy persons, the alcohol doesn't need to be completely eliminated.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sizzlers(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2010
As confusing as it may seem, in small quantities, alcohol can be benefic for health. But excess can produce so much damage, that any trace of a benefit is erased. Moderate use of alcohol includes two drinks for a man & only one for a woman per day, under the age of 65. Together with his doctor, a person will establish whether to enjoy a glass of wine or a beer, or this can seriously affect health.

- Sometimes, alcohol reduces the possibility of ischemic or other kind of strokes

In large quantities, or in excess, the consequences may be terrible:

- The pancreas, the mouth, pharynx, esophageal, breast & liver are more likely to be affected by cancer
- Pancreatitis may appear, especially in youth
- Stroke
- Atrophy of the brain
- Cirrhosis
- Pregnancy problems, like spontaneous abortion
- Possible malformations & other birth problems of the fetus
- Car accidents
- Suicidal tendencies
- Sudden death in case of cardiovascular problems
- Cardiophaty generated by alcohol

There are certain diseases that forbid the affected person to drink at all, such as:

- Conditions of the liver
- Affect
ion of the pancreas
- Precancerous stages affecting the digestive system
- A record including a previous hemorrhagic stroke

Pregnant women or people whose family has an alcohol related background must be extremely cautious and, if possible, not to drink at all.

One drink each day is permitted to persons over 65 years, because in their case, a higher consume is more dangerous; the process of absorption needs more time, the effects are stronger, & the risk of intoxication is a real one.

Alcohol must not be used during the following medications' administration:

- Anticoagulants
- Medication for diabetes
- Beta blockers
- Antihistamines
- Antibiotics
- Antidepressants
- Pain relievers
- Sleeping pills

Alcohol should not interfere with medication at all, because in combination to aspirin increases its stomach damaging action & the possibility of gastrointestinal hemorrhage, if combined with acetamine damages the liver.

Both he positive effects of a reduced quantity & the dangerous, negative ones must be taken into consideration. Also, a person shouldn't be influenced to drink, because no doctor will give such piece of advice. Consumed with responsibility & moderation, in case of healthy persons, the alcohol doesn't need to be completely eliminated.
SOURCE: http://www.addictionalcoholism.com/
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sizzlers(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2010
WHO DEY LOCK MY POST? angry angry angry I DEY VESE NA WETIN I DO U PEOPLE (MODERATORS)
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by lysaa(f): 2:03pm On May 29, 2010
All those reasons stated above are excuses to keep drinking. .I don't think anyone becomes more intelligent when he drinks but the self restraint is cast off and he expresses what he's bn nursing in his mind. if for example, Mr A hates Mr B, when he is drunk, he pours out that hatred without holding back. When a guy likes a girl and maybe lusting after her. .if he sees the girl and care is not taken, he might do what would be regretted. . And u call that mentally balanced? I think mentally balanced should rather be a state where u are in totally control. .not when things begin to slip out of ur control.
Imagine a man and his wife goes to visit their friend's on Xmas day and after his so called intelligent talk, he starts kissing the friend's wife in the presence of his own wife and the friend. . When his eyes got cleared, he had to face the consequence of his action from his wife.
There's no way u can say u like alcohol and don't get drunk anytime u have the opportunity to be drunk. A light drinker today. .watch out for him tomorrow cos that's how the habit starts.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sizzlers(m): 2:04pm On May 29, 2010

wink wink
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by sizzlers(m): 2:14pm On May 29, 2010
PLS moderator i need an explanation why my post is been blocked
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by lysaa(f): 2:19pm On May 29, 2010
hehe. I noticed something was wrong somewhere.

hope there's nothing obscure or [i]spamish [/i]in ur post LOL
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by mrjingles(m): 2:36pm On May 29, 2010
^^ its weak minds that think drink outs dem in a class and lysaa ur not bothering to make a distinction bw drinking, getting drunk and alcoholism thats a bit disingenuous. There are no absolutes in this matter.

Generally I dont dig guyz that dont have at least one vice, last popular chap who neither smoke nor drank and was a fitness freak ended up killing 5million pple
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by iz2much: 2:39pm On May 29, 2010
When I got the cash ı take 6bottles a day. and when ıs kında low. I take just 4.
I don't misbehave UN else if ı want to.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by erniewhez(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2010
I HATE SPIRIT. ITS TOO STRONG FOR ME, MY PREFERENCE IS STOUT, HARP, GULDER then STAR. In fact I can consume all these brand in one day, when i want to act crazy, and of course it doesnt make me misbehave, i do tht when i want to amuse some frnds. But am not making it a habit. NO BIG DEAL
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Sonofpeace(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2010
I have not seen an alcoholic drinker that have never gotten drunk.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Rmc1(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2010
Alcohol can make a person put on weight, when you drink alcohol, it releases a hormone in brain which triggers acute hunger for food and the tendency to eat uncontrolably when drunk, this leads to weight gain and  pot belly in men.(most fat in men are stored in the belly region)

Alcohol can also make you stay longer during sexx before you releasse or reach orgarsm depending on the kind of hot drink and how much you take lol.

Alcohol can also make you relax and forget your sorrows infact you can drown your problems in alcohol only to meet them again when the effects of the alcohol dries up hehe  grin

Lastly it damages the liver, if you drink alcohol on a daily basis or regularly, try and do a liver (blood) test in any laboratory and you will be shocked at how damaged your liver is and at the poor state of your liver  lipsrsealed
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by iHustle(m): 11:32pm On May 29, 2010
lysaa:

All those reasons stated above are excuses to keep drinking. .I don't think anyone becomes more intelligent when he drinks but the self restraint is cast off and he expresses what he's bn nursing in his mind. if for example, Mr A hates Mr B, when he is drunk, he pours out that hatred without holding back. When a guy likes a girl and maybe lusting after her. .if he sees the girl and care is not taken, he might do what would be regretted. . And u call that mentally balanced? I think mentally balanced should rather be a state where u are in totally control. .not when things begin to slip out of your control.
Imagine a man and his wife goes to visit their friend's on Xmas day and after his so called intelligent talk, he starts kissing the friend's wife in the presence of his own wife and the friend. . When his eyes got cleared, he had to face the consequence of his action from his wife.
There's no way u can say u like alcohol and don't get drunk anytime u have the opportunity to be drunk. A light drinker today. .watch out for him tomorrow cos that's how the habit starts.

isn't there a difference between eating and gluttony? isn't there a difference between sleeping and over sleeping? y do u find it hard to separate drinking from drunkenness? 

i've never been drunk before and so have countless others. drunkenness is simply an abuse of alcohol. there is no good thing that cannot and is not being abused

Sonofpeace:

I have not seen an alcoholic drinker that have never gotten drunk.

you remind me of the pharisees, they called Jesus a wine bibber just because he drank wine. was Jesus ever drunk? of course not. open your brain man!!!
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by rockny(m): 3:02am On May 30, 2010
My dear poster don't be lured into drinkin it has more harm 2 do in human health dan good
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by ironman1(m): 2:07pm On May 30, 2010
Alcohol in moderation is good for the body! It makes you merry, it relaxs you and it also helps with ones libido (Gunniess for instance has iron or so i have heard grin) But when it is misused then it destroys the Liver, makes you addicted to it ruining your health and relationship with peopke, and leads to an endless down-ward spiral.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by miky(m): 1:43am On May 31, 2010
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by EEVICTOREE(m): 5:04am On May 31, 2010
Anytime i have match to play, I must make sure i take 2 BIG STOUT, so that i can reach extra time even grin
It hold the Bama grin in me for long time,
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by member479760: 9:03am On May 31, 2010
how many roll of ganga u smoke put?
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by viann: 6:26pm On May 31, 2010
no,wat i know it's does is that it destroy d person includin his family.i've seen a case whereby a drunked wants to beat his mother.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Casfan123: 9:48pm On May 31, 2010
I drink a lot,almost everyday.it gives me inspiration.it makes me think fast.
Re: Does Alcohol Contribute Anything To The Body. by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 01, 2010
No discernible calorific value whatsoever instead its a pot-belly enhancing liquid. We do have contradicting studies from different research groups though, some say alcohol leads to everything bad like cancer/heart disease/ high blood pressure etc others suggest that when taken in moderation it may prevent heart disease/cancer etc. Who knows what to believe these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 5 2020 In Nigeria / How To Prevent Stretch Marks During And After Pregnancy / How Real Is Yoyo Bitters With Slimming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.