Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado (12956 Views)

Mohammed Abubakar, Atiku's Son Who Works In A Pure Water Company / Pilot Mohammed Abubakar, Former Airport Cleaner Begins Flying Operations / Governor Mohammed Abubakar Stoning The Devil During Pilgrimage In Mecca. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Lautechgossip(m): 10:26am On May 24, 2018
​Gov. Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi has accepted the resignation of his deputy, Alhaji Nuhu Gidado, who turned in his letter of resignation on Wednesday.

In a statement issued on his behalf by Mr Ali M. Ali, Special Adviser, Media, the governor described the tenure of his deputy as “meritorious” and therefore deserving of “commendation”.

“We received the resignation of our Deputy Governor, Engr. Nuhu Gidado.

“On behalf of the people of Bauchi state, I want to thank him for his meritorious service while in office.”

“He remains vital to our administration and party.

“I wish him well in his future endeavours, and he can count on me for support.

“I am also optimistic he will avail the state his service when called upon in the future,” said Ali in the statement, quoting the governor.

It would be recalled that the deputy governor resigned on Wednesday, attributing his action to the dampening of spirit and waning zeal with regards his official responsibilities.

“Ordinarily, I should have remained up to the end of the tenure, but, with the current dampened spirit and waning zeal as it relates to my official engagements, my continued stay will not be fair and truthful to you as my brother and leader.

“In this regard, I feel sure that, Your Excellency will readily recollect the most recent one – on – one discussion we had, precisely, on Thursday, April 19th, 2018, in your office, where, among other issues, I expressed to you, my contemplation to ‘step aside’, if need be, in order to free my conscience.

“I regret to say that it has become necessary to yield to that inner calling, and may this development be in accordance with the blessed will and guidance of Allah,” said the deputy governor in his resignation letter.

http://kikiotolu.com/bauchi-state-governor-accepts-resignation-of-deputy/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by obazo1: 10:33am On May 24, 2018
I wish all our leaders can tow this path... resigning if accused of any wrong doing... not who is the presidency chanter who was later relieved of his post

10 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by maluyi77(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2018
It is well
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by BlackHatNaija: 12:56pm On May 24, 2018
He could be getting ready to contest for the governorship election under a different party.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Authoreety: 12:57pm On May 24, 2018
This one wan contest
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 24, 2018
God is seriously putting confusion in their midst

2 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by fakuta(f): 12:58pm On May 24, 2018
i am just guessing, he may soon leave APC and contest in another party as Bauchi state governor

1 Like

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:58pm On May 24, 2018
People like this still day?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by edwardACTIVIST: 12:59pm On May 24, 2018
It is difficult to be a deputy or vice in Nigeria. I've been there before. Until we reform our political system vice and deputy position will remain boring.
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by webmaster001: 12:59pm On May 24, 2018
unbelievable first of its kind in Nigeria kudos Mr humble dg

1 Like

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by oshe11: 12:59pm On May 24, 2018
I reserve my commendation till 2019

If You know, You know!!!
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by AngelicBeing: 12:59pm On May 24, 2018
angry

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Egooyinbo: 1:00pm On May 24, 2018
I don't really buy this
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by EddieCAD(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2018
Waiting for Bubu to turn in his resignation letter is like trying to pass a camel through the eye of the needle.... tongue

6 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by kolawoleibukun2: 1:02pm On May 24, 2018
very good move. governor you too suppose follow resign too. you have failed us as well.

for me there are some people i respect a lot and innoson is one of them. if they persecute Innoson i will have to declare that the country needs to separate. that man is a national treasure and a hero. the way GTBank embarass that man now because of 2019 political ambition Buhari is trying to persecute influential people to win by rigging. youths make una shine una eyes oh. Tinubu, Osinbajo, Adeboye Enoch, and many other igbo governors, their hands day inside this Innoson persecution.

make una open una eyes well well oh. and unite as one. igbos you all should pull your money out of GTbank and use Zenith bank way una brother get instead. Innoson did nothing wrong. that man is under serious threat from Nigerians and those igbo governors licking Buhari's yarsh.

youths should rise up. all those northerners way carry oil wells. only dem day loot our money. the small one way igbos and yoruba day make dem won squeeze am comot for their hands.

southerners don suffer well well. i pity the southerners seriously. they are the most marginalized of all. Al Jazeera just show one documentary of the oil spills and the sickness all the pollution day bring.

make una no vote Buhari again. find a young candidate to support and vote. these old men need rebels to change the system. we needs someone like donald trump to shake up the whole place. any youth way day go prostrate for old men run away. old men do not vote. every candidate should face the crowd not traditional rulers. anyone seeking the blessings of traditional rulers has lost it.

if you have kind to rule come out and let the masses fight for you.

igbos shine una eyes oh. you all should get very vocal. where are the intelligent ones? come out and use every platfrom that you have. especially those one abroad where hands no fit touch.

make una move for una children today oh. hausa needs to remove hand for this grip of power. it is too selfish and too long overdue.

na yoruba people na carry hausa people enter power again. na make i hate jagaban. with his rotten teeth.

tinubu day answer kind maker. he has been silent on all these killings and deaths. they have silenced Dino becos of that fued he had with Remi Tinubu. they did not forget. they are taking influential people one by one.

why can't the igbos get up and ask of nnamdi kanu? is bad oh. una just keep quiet. yoruba people will not fight for you. no one will fight for yourselves. put pressure on the government. the whole world is tensed now.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Omeokachie: 1:03pm On May 24, 2018
Meanwhile the incompetent tyrant would rather bring the country down because of the perks of office that he and his family are enjoying, even when it is all clear that he lacks the capacity to govern.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by faoz: 1:04pm On May 24, 2018
Probably he doesnt support the governer's opinion on some stuff, nigga need to step aside
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by hypernikao(m): 1:04pm On May 24, 2018
He's preparing for something bigger than his current position, he'll likely port to the opposition and contest for the governor's seat... My thoughts!
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by roqrules04(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2018
Very good. Can Baba do this too?
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by dyn1800: 1:05pm On May 24, 2018
Wow I am impressed
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2018
Please check our signature in blue colour below to see if our service is of interest to you and click on the WhatsApp link to chat us directly..
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2018
Please check our signature in blue colour below to see if our service is of interest to you and click on the WhatsApp link to chat us directly
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Bari22: 1:06pm On May 24, 2018
Why na?
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by melodyogonna(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2018
the deputy governor yaff transmission
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by kaleam(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2018
In 2016, the Bauchi state Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Alhaji Shehu Barau Ningi has resigned his appointment from the state executive council after accusing the state Governor, Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar of marginalizing him...

In March, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Investment, Samaila Sanusi, also resigned due to “unfriendly working environment”. Mr Sanusi said all avenues to hold talks with the state governor on official issues and development were unsuccessful.

Also around the same time, Munnir Yisin, deputy caretaker chairman of Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area, tendered his resignation.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara and other aggrieved members of the All Progressives Congress ( APC) boycotted the party's congress in Bauchi at the weekend.
They shunned the congress as they continue expressing their grievances over the way wards and local governments congresses were conducted earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Ifebani(f): 1:17pm On May 24, 2018
Noted

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by dodelight(m): 1:18pm On May 24, 2018
If only Yemi Osinbajo will toe this path of honour. It would be revolutionary!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by dodelight(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2018
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Adimchitorti: 1:24pm On May 24, 2018
This is a great Nigerian. One among many.
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by Talknochip(m): 1:31pm On May 24, 2018
Why is his conscience pricking him?? Osinbajo, over to you!
Re: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Accepts Resignation Of Deputy, Nuhu Gidado by ezy9: 1:42pm On May 24, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

'The Protest Will Go On': NLC insists After Emergency Meeting With FG / State Police: 20 Governors’ Decisions Ready For NEC May – NGF / Police Summons Olumide Akpata Over UNIBEN Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.