Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Osun Aspirant Says He Will Do What Aregbeshola Could Not Do - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Aspirant Says He Will Do What Aregbeshola Could Not Do (275 Views)

Minister Of Interior, Rauf Aregbeshola Reacts, As A Nigerian Man Records Him At / Aregbeshola Becomes The Enyioha 1 Of Uzuakoli, Abia State. Picture. / Aregbeshola: I Didn’t Collect Salary For The 8-years I Was Osun State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun Aspirant Says He Will Do What Aregbeshola Could Not Do by gimmehear(f): 11:15am On May 24, 2018
I’ll Will Clear Backlog of Salaries, Gratuities,Pay full Salaries, Pensions –Akinbade

…says governance is for serious minded people

Alhaji Fatai Akinbade, one of the leading governorship Osun aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, has promised to pay the backlog of salary arrears owed civil servants in the state if elected the governor in the forthcoming election.

In addition, Akinbade assured that all the outstanding pensions and gratuities owed those retired would be cleared within a year of assumption of office as governor of the state. This he believes, would buoy up the state economy currently in doldrums.

To this effect, he promised that on assumption of office as governor of the state, he would not only put a halt to the payment of half salaries and pensions but would ensure their full restoration so as to boost the morale of those in the sector with a view to enhancing their productivity.

It is recalled that workers and retirees have been on half salaries and pensions since September 2015,a development that has generated much heat within and outside the state.

However while speaking with the party delegates from Orolu,/Irepodun,/Olorunda/Osogbo Federal Constituency on Tuesday in their various council areas, Akinbade assured that within one year of assumption of office as governor of the state, he would ensure the payment of outstanding financial obligations owed both serving and retired workers in the state. @

“This is neither a political nor cheap talk as some people may want to infer. It is doable. I had served at various capacities in government and I know how to go about this. My confidence is based on my knack for prudence, elimination of wastages and financial engineering” he said

Besides, the one time Secretary to the Osun Government, described governance as a serious business that required experience and service spirit for the running of the government to be meaningful to the people.

In particular,Akinbade noted that with the level of despondency currently in the state,whoever would take over from Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, should be somebody with deep knowledge of the state and imbued with service spirit and could hit the ground running without much ado.

“With the benefit of hindsight, governance especially in a state like ours,it’s a serious business that requires serious minded somebody like me to steer it ship after

....http://gimmehear.com/osun-aspirant-says-what-aregbeshola-couldnt/

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Threats Against Wike: PDP Vows To Leave Nothing To Chance / Senator Shehu Sani,others Set To Defect From APC Party Following These Reasons: / Energy Theft: EEDC Inaugurates Special Task Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.