Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Crowdfunding And Discount Sales For Businesses - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crowdfunding And Discount Sales For Businesses (488 Views)

Fundy.com.ng - Nigeria's Crowdfunding Platform / Mtn Huge Data Discount Sales... End January / A New Crowdfunding And Fundraising Platform Launch For Nigerian Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crowdfunding And Discount Sales For Businesses by Knight1(m): 12:34pm On May 24, 2018
Hey Guys

Everyone is complaining about cash flow and business are also feeling the pain. The truth is, the smaller businesses are probably not feeling the pains as much as the big guns. I will expect that Amala joints like white house are still making good income, while the bigger more expensive restaurants are experiencing downward customer patronage. This speaks to the impact of affordability of even necessary consumer products.

I got talking to a few businesses and I was shocked to hear how much they are willing to make discount sales to keep customers coming rather than run at complete loss.

I stumbled on a start up in Nigeria (www.smartdeals.com.ng) that combines Amazon and eBay experience, which I found interesting for Nigerian shoppers. However, the most interesting part for me is the provision of discount club membership with gives you 5-10% discount at selected businesses (which they promise to keep adding to) every year. I think creative startups like this will help Nigerians afford certain necessary items even with the liquidity issues most are experiencing.

We need to start promoting crowdfunding in Africa. We complain about families suffering and experiencing poverty, but we all seem to forget that we have one naira coins and 5 naira notes in the corners of our homes or wallets. It is obvious that these monies individually can't do anything for us, however, pulling those funds together amount to so much that can go a long way to save dying communities.

Really cool stuff

(1) (Reply)

An Ordinary Student From Nigeria Earns $200 Daily While Staying At Home / Offering Exceptionally Low Shipping Rates / I Need Contact Of The People That Buy Bulk Goods In Mile 12 Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.