Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison (44357 Views)

EXPOSED: Another Plot By Oshiomhole, Dan Orbih To Shortchange Esan People / Court Ajourns 700M Fraud Case Involving Ize-iyamu, Aziegbemi, Orbih To Oct 15 / Court Sends Otunba Runsewe To Prison For Contempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by SeunOluwafemi: 2:24pm On May 24, 2018
A Federal High Court sitting in Benin has remanded former PDP governorship candidate in Edo state, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Chief Dan Orbih, aformer Deputy Governor, Mr, Lucky Imasuen, a former member of the House of Representatives, Tony Azegbemi and Efe Anthony in prison.

They are to remain in custody pending when they meet their applications for bail.

Ize-Iyamu and others were arraigned on Thursday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on eight count charges of laundering the sum of N700 million.

Justice P.I Adjokwu ordered that they be remanded in prison after rejecting a plea by counsel to Ize-Iyamu, Charles Edosomwan that they be kept in the custody of the EFCC.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/24/breaking-court-sends-ize-iyamu-orbih-others-prison/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Omeokachie: 2:25pm On May 24, 2018
The frenzy is on.

Exercise in futility.

Until the likes of Babachir are arraigned for looting the treasury, all this charade of a fight against corruption political enemies will continue to fail.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Mutemenot(m): 2:25pm On May 24, 2018
cry
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by NaughtyDiamond(m): 2:25pm On May 24, 2018
The self acclaimed pastor embarassed embarassed

17 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by enimooko: 2:26pm On May 24, 2018
joins the lists of those cooling off for stealing and not keeping SHUT

3 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by NOC1(m): 2:29pm On May 24, 2018
hope he wont claim Staphylococcus and go naked. because it is one allegation one illness

5 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Crocky23: 2:30pm On May 24, 2018
How many opposition members can Buhari lock up?

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by PapaBaby: 2:30pm On May 24, 2018
Locking up of opposition won't save Buhari.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by pedrilo: 2:32pm On May 24, 2018
buhari and apc r quite ready to soak every opposition in blood

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by comos: 2:32pm On May 24, 2018
they are just making PDP more popular in Edo state

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:34pm On May 24, 2018
I love it when they jail a politician but one question I keep asking is;

WHEN WILL EFCC JAIL APC MEMBERS?

This mode of fighting opposition in the name of fighting corruption will spell doom for the nation.

Buhari is a scam

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by adem30: 2:35pm On May 24, 2018
NaughtyDiamond:
The self acclaimed pastor embarassed embarassed

CAN will soon protest for his release

7 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by ibrahimmusa693: 2:38pm On May 24, 2018
Na wa for wire road. E.F.C.C, the main agents used to silence opposition. Remember that there is GOD...
#BackToDaura 2019 undecided shocked ;

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by KenOne: 2:47pm On May 24, 2018
Show me any PDP member that is not involved in Dasuki and Diezani gate corruption, i will show you a mother of three that is a virgin. In Rivers their governor Wike, PDP chairman Secondus ,aide and secretary to state government all involved. The remaining 35 states of the federation same thing. I hail PDP.

27 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Histrings08(m): 2:49pm On May 24, 2018
Tor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by NaughtyDiamond(m): 2:50pm On May 24, 2018
adem30:

CAN will soon protest for his release

I'm wondering why they should do so
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by kmaster007: 3:19pm On May 24, 2018
am waiting for dat day saraki will b jail also

3 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by SolutionMee: 3:20pm On May 24, 2018
g
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Blessynokoro: 3:28pm On May 24, 2018
HMMM
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by weyreypey: 3:31pm On May 24, 2018
Crocky23:
It will backfire big time

17 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Paperwhite(m): 3:31pm On May 24, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

This mode of fighting opposition in the name of fighting corruption will spell doom for the nation.

Buhari is a scam
Another party will come up someday to unearth their own corruption.

23 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Tecno66: 4:27pm On May 24, 2018
Omeokachie:
The frenzy is on.

Exercise in futility.

Until the likes of Babachir are arraigned for looting the treasury, all this charade of a fight against corruption political enemies will continue to fail.
The case will be hard to prove. They are campaign funds and if they should go in for it, fine but those who handled that of APC should also be liable because those monies came from the purse of some state governments like Rivers and Lagos states. My candid opinion is that if the campaign funds of PDP is being looked into, for fairness, that of APC should also be on the table. One of the reasons why I believe APC will not give up power easily like the PDP even if they loose the 2019 elections is that they know it will be pay back time.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Omeokachie: 4:37pm On May 24, 2018
Tecno66:
The case will be hard to prove. They are campaign funds and if they should go in for it, fine but those who handled that of APC should also be liable because those monies came from the purse of some state governments like Rivers and Lagos states. My candide opinion is that if the campaign funds of PDP is being looked into, for fairness, that of APC should also be on the table. One of the reasons why I believe APC will not give up power easily like the PDP even if they loose the 2019 elections is that they know it will be pay back time.

These guys are mafians, they have no sense of fairness.
You can see that in their handling of the herdsmen vs IPOB.

About 2019 elections, they will kill to hang on to power. If their principal had not won and was threatening "dogs and baboon being soaked in blood", is it now that he has tasted power and is all clingy that he would let go?

Nigerians traded freedom for chains with this APC gang. Getting them out will take giving them 100 fold everything they throw at the people.

19 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by buhariguy(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2018
The jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra will still be supporting evil idiotic PDP criminals.

6 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Pavarottii(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2018
If u like clamp down on all pdp chieftain but u won't clampdown on the presidential candidate and we the voters and the south south governors that will sponsor the party.

So all these arrest is dead on arrival.

11 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by buhariguy(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2018
Tecno66:
The case will be hard to prove. They are campaign funds and if they should go in for it, fine but those who handled that of APC should also be liable because those monies came from the purse of some state governments like Rivers and Lagos states. My candide opinion is that if the campaign funds of PDP is being looked into, for fairness, that of APC should also be on the table. One of the reasons why I believe APC will not give up power easily like the PDP even if they loose the 2019 elections is that they know it will be pay back time.
what's the concern of APC in PDP campaign fund.

APC and buhari are not interested In their
Campaign Fund,

Buhari just want to know why an unauthorized individual will carry tipper to move public money from cbn to his bedroom and begin to share for election
Paperwhite:
Another party will come up someday to unearth their own corruption.
nobody will carry money from CBN to fund buhari re-election.
SpecialAdviser:

Buhari is a scam
no APC member s have access to dansukigate and maduekegate.
Crocky23:
all, before election. Except they quietly return the money.
PapaBaby:
Locking up of opposition won't save Buhari.
buhari will save us from the jobless lazy idiotic PDP criminals.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:52pm On May 24, 2018
You can arrest eze-iyamu, another one will rise and challenge APC

Either ways APC is going down!

9 Likes

Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 24, 2018
OK
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by nairavsdollars(f): 5:20pm On May 24, 2018
They will be released after OBASEKI has completed his first term
Re: Court Sends Ize-Iyamu, Orbih To Prison by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 24, 2018
good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARS Promoter, Rinu On Frozen Account: I Am Disappointed In Nigeria / Emir Of Bichi: I Wish My Daughter, Zahra Bayero Graduated Before Marrying / Soldiers Arrest Fleeing Boko Haram Suspect In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.